See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Rather basic accommodation in what is almost a family home as the bar/lounge doubles as the family's room. They are generally friendly. Differing standards of room depending on whether you get a refurbished one or not.No air con but fans in the room. Some have fridges but not all. Erratic electrics and only one socket in our room. Shower similarly rather erratic but yes it is well located over looking the gorgeous Beau Vallon beach and is very clean - except for the three dogs in the garden. Watch your step !
I guess it is budget accommodation in a good location. You get what you pay for.

Room tip: Road side rooms are recently upgraded but potentially noisier
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

You will read some pretty nasty reviews about this place. Those reviews are completely unfair. This is a very decent guest house. It's clean and the owners are lovely and very helpful and hospitable. It's not the Ritz. So if you must have aircon, a chef cooked breakfast and free wifi then go somewhere else. If you want a clean, comfortable no frills room in a good location then this is the place. We liked it a lot.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FriendoftheBear
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Budget accommodation with high cleanliness standards. Excellent location with partial sea view, amazing to sit in the garden on the yellow loungers and watch the sunset. Pleasant owner family and staff.

Leave your pretensions at home, emerge in the local flow and you will have a great time here.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vanessa_Meeuwenoord1
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

I spend almost one week in panorama guesthouse and it was one of my best holiday ever.

Accomodation is simple but VERY CLEAN which is the most important

+perfect location(so close to the sea)
+hosts very nice and helpful
+small supermarkets close enough
+big fridge in the room
+safe in the room

-ireland is a bit expensive but you can still save in many ways.locals are preparing fresh fish on the beach in fair price,you can buy fresh fruit straight on the beach
-no AC in the guesthouse(for me even better,there was a fan)
-expensive internet(in whole ireland),better to get a local sim with 1 giga for 20 euro nearby.

Definitely,I am going to come back.Its a peaceful place to relax with amazing beach.Before going on holiday I have read many negative info about this guesthouse but I dont understand why.it was just great decision to go!Highly reccomended.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Our arrival at the Panorama Guest House was surprising. The owners, Mary and Bobby weren't there, and it appeared that they weren't expecting us! It was all quite strange really. At least this explained the non appearance of the taxi at the port! Finally the owner’s daughter appeared and introduced herself and welcomed us. Our room was already she said, and then promptly asked us if we wanted a double bed or two singles! We had booked a double with a view of the sea. No one offered to bring our suitcases, despite there being several people milling around watching the goings on! So we took our own bags down to the room. The room was clean, despite being rather cell-like in appearance. That's it; we were left there, no instructions or anything. (Hence a sleepless night with the bathroom light on as we didn't know how to turn it off!) We were a bit bewildered by this stage. We decided that we had been a bit misled about this place. No view of the sea, wifi had to be paid for and much of the advertising says there are 25 steps to the beach. In many more than 25 steps one had to cross the road, walk through a rubbish pile in what they called the ruins, down some lethal looking old concrete steps, through a stream, and then there was the beach. In order to prove to the owners that they had agreed to send a taxi to the port, we had to purchase a wifi card, which was to give us one hour of time, this only lasted about 40 minutes, and then when I wanted to buy another one, there was no one home to sell it to me. Luckily, again, the owner’s daughter helped me out with her hotspot on her on her phone. Like a lot of accommodation places these days there is a sign in the bathroom about using towels more than once. They had one of these here, but unfortunately they neglected to provide enough towel rails to hang your towels on! There is also nothing in any review I had read, mentioning there being three dogs on the property, well, there is, and they bark regularly!
One can accept most of this, but it was the lack of a greeting on arrival that just turned the whole stay sour, and I would certainly not recommend staying here. Even on check out, Mary the owner, was in the kitchen and didn't even bother to come and say goodbye. So, I give a total thumbs down to this one......such a disappointment for us having come so far to enjoy an idyllic few days at Beau Vallon.

Room tip: No tip.....just don't go there!
Date of stay: September 2015