See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

I am not sure what the people who complain about Panorama Guesthouse are on about.
I never felt threatened and the place was secure.
Bobby and Mary were always helpful with any enquiry and often chatted with us. Place was always clean.
Linen and towels good quality and changed regularly.
Breakfast was good and enough of it.
No free internet but this is not unusual for Seychelles as free Wifi is hard to find. There was internet if you wanted to pay for it.
Plenty of local cheap food just down the road in front of the beach.
My only complaint would be the sandflies on the beach which ate me, but not my partner.
Even though we had a room facing the road it was not to noisy and I live in country Australia where there is no noise other than bird song and mooing of cows!
No AC but fan adequate.
Some staff were uncommunicative but maybe they were just shy. After we made an effort to communicate they opened up.
For the price this place was fine.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Excellent location for Beau Vallon beach. Room very clean, serviced every day. Excellent quality bed linen and towels. Breakfast simple but enjoyable with various cereals, fruit juices, toast, eggs and fresh fruit. The proprietors Mary and Bobby and their staff extremely helpful and friendly. Enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend as a very good budget destination.

Room tip: All rooms have a view of the mountains and bay
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Muriel L
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I'm afraid the owner clearly has no interest at all in the guesthouse business. I suppose if you live in the Seychelles it's hard to avoid the industry and this in the impression I get from the way this place is run. Don't expect anything more than a clean room, in a good location.

I'll start with the cons:
- My friend and I had 2 rooms. My friend checked out a day earlier than me and although the guesthouse was empty, the owner wanted to charge for a late check out. She also insisted that my friend wouldn't be allowed to use my room for the day. Just a bit petty don't you think?
- I asked for advice renting a car. It was the fastest I'd seen her move in 5 days and within 5 mins a rental company had arrived. This is fine however the owner snatched the contract out of my hand saying she needed in and when I questioned why, was rather rude.
- The breakfast is the kind of breakfast a guesthouse puts on because they feel like they have to. I haven't seen corn flakes since I was a child. If you don't want corn flakes you can choose from supermarket bread and jam or a banana. Such a shame since there is so much lovely produce in the Seychelles.
- The hot water system worked on my first day but never since
- I was given one threadbare towel and it was never changed
- The road noise will keep you up
- No wifi
- Owner reads the rules out on arrival like an automated machine

Pros:
- Comfortable bed and very clean
- Fantastic location right on beau vallon beach and walking distance to restaurants and cafes

So it's a shame because what is a great opportunity for an experience that showcases local seychelois hospitality and a more genuine experience is actually quite sterile. Next time I would pay for one of the boutique eco resorts ...they're really much better value for money and more of an experience than this guesthouse strangely.

Room tip: Get one away from the road
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 1jdr1010
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed 12 nights in August in Panorama and it was our best holiday ever!

Mary and Bobby are very nice, honest and helpful owners; they helped us a lot on contacting airline about lost bagage and providing us with information about island.
Guesthouse is located on the most beautiful Beau Vallon beach, while shops and many restoraunts are around.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable; cleaning service and new towels are available every day. Windows are on the both sides of the room which allows natural airflow, so air conditioner was not needed at all.
Breakfast is nice and simple (cornflakes, bread, jam, cheese, beans, eggs, fruit, fruit yogurt, milk, juice, tea, coffee) and implies self service.
Bus stop is near guesthouse and transport to Victoria is only 5 ruppees and 15 minutes (restoraunts in Victoria are cheaper then in Beau Vallon so we used to go there for lunch sometimes ).

Our general impression is that Panorama Guesthouse is great place for holiday in Seychelles and offers much better service than lot of much more expensive hotels. We had our best holiday there and we will surely choose Panorama again for our next trip to Seychelles.
Thank you Mary and Bobby!

Marina & Fred

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2015

Panorama ...... WOW ! Keep reading to find out why its a "WOW"...

Our room was very spacious and very organized. The beds where really comfortable and for the room , I felt like I was at home because it was so cozy , homey , comfortable etc. The back yard was so big with beautiful views of the beach! Now the location... We loved it ! Had so many nice restaurant and a few markets near bye, and don't get me started about the beach !!!... it was amazing ( quite cold ) ! the waves are big enough for kids and till now havent seen much sea creatures but some I've seen some ! has alo lots of bats but not many birds. Its also a shame that there are so many stray dogs in Mahe :( and a few cats!!! The weather there is so nice its a bit cool and a bit hot . Oh did i tell you about the car rental? well if not ... you can order a car from SeyCar and they will bring the car to Panorama , you fill up some papers and your off!!! The Panorama owners Marie and Bobby are amazing people and they try to make you feel as comfortable like at home!

Room tip: rooms on the south sides are quieter!
Date of stay: August 2015