See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2018

we had a spontaneous one night stop in lake Como on our way to the airport.
We did not book in advance and arrived at the hotel late at night.
The room was clean and situated nicely on the lake, but other than that the hotel seemed very old, the room tiny and the overall facility had no charm, and it felt like a ghost town. 2 cars in the parking lot..
We've asked for a late check out and were asked to pay 35EUR extra as they may need the room as new guests may come. That is on a Sunday night last weekend of the summer... We did not appreciate that. At some point managers should be more courteous rather than greedy.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Just sitting on my balcony with an uninterrupted view of the lake .... completely perfect
Friendly charming authentic place with a beach unlike any other I have seen on Lake Como
Really worth a visit
The rooms are super comfy and relaxing
And breakfast is served on an open terrace with interesting artifacts

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

This hotel is a little hidden jewel close to Bellagio. A great way to be near the action and turmoil while enjoying a quiet and discreet retreat with its own gardens, beaches, boat Decks and swimming pool right by Lake Como.
I have been to many resorts by the lake, including the five Star Palaces, and none offer such fantastic space. Nautilus is the best option with great amenities, a classy 1970's retro feel with everything designed as if you were on a boat with many rooms right over the lake. And last but not least a great owner who will make you feel a home away from home.

Room tip: Direct on the Lake, Best View, perfect for conventions, families, honeymoons the best are the luxury suites which are right over the lake
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Remy M
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Me and my wife spent 9 days in the hotel during our honeymoon. In the first day the owner of the hotel, Jody, presented us excellent wine, and we also had excellent Italian supper, prepared by Elena (administrator). So, I can strongly advise the hotel at least because of great attitude of people, who live and work there. The room was Very clean, with excellent lake view ( especially in the evening), and beds are new with new mattresses. Conditioner is also new and work w/o any problems. I saw in the previous review of people about the pool and people, who tried to swimming there. It's funny, as the small pool is enclosed and there are nametables with warnings that it is Private area. Anyway, can't see any problems with it, as there is clean water to swim in the lake :)
The owner has also great good-natured big dog Harwood that loves people and is safe for any human.
Breakfasts were normal, the same as in other hotels we visited.
I can recommend the hotel to anyone, who wants to relax in calm place with friendly home atmosphere.
P. S.
Just added the fotos of the great view from the hotel's beach.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavlo I
Reviewed 6 August 2015

The area in general is nice, with fantastic beach and great views over the mountains. But - only some rooms are recently redone, most are still aging from probably the 80`s. Poor bathroom. Nice view from the balcony, if you are lucky to get a room from floors 2-3 and at the far end of the hotel. Well, this is not a hotel, its a motel, with virtually no services at all. The breakfast was probably the worst breakfast-experience ever. Basically no chance of having any dinner there, you need a car. The owner himself told me that he really does not like turists, they are too difficult. BTW, his dog is running around the premises, and the dog is both biiig and occasionally angry. The most interesting thing in this Place is the pool - there is one, but as a visitor you are not allowed to use it! Makes me wonder, who is it for if not the guests?!?. So, I have mixed feelings about this motel... beautifull beach, but otherwise... well

Date of stay: June 2015