Lowest prices for your stay
US$167
PricelineUS$169
Expedia.comUS$189
Hotels.comUS$189
1,442 results
All reviews giuliano family stromboli felt like home beautiful region a wonderful vacation wonderful hotel half board train station at no extra cost san nicolo free sun loungers vibo valentia nice stay rental car beautiful beach fish pasta
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2021

Friendly, clean and so comfortable settings. Pool area really nice! Staff was just fantastic. Really enjoyed our stay, felt like home after 2 weeks. Bikes to borrow for free. Food was so tasty! Close by up by the church of San Nicolo is a pizza/arancino kiosk that a must

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeiduliLevi
Reviewed 11 September 2021 via mobile

Fantastic staff, romantic setting,great food. I have never been happier, this was The Best Holiday. I will be back. From morning to night we felt nothing but great joy. Everyone was so helpful and accommodating. Rooms are cleaner than in most of hospitals. Food is just beyond description. Eden. Paradise. Heaven on Earth

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kat_thelgorion
Reviewed 31 July 2021

First of all, I want to thank you for the wonderful vacation you gave us. This 3-star hotel offers at least four-star services. The rooms are spacious, nicely furnished and very clean. It is cleaned daily and there is exemplary cleanliness throughout the hotel. The garden and pool are magnificent. The hotel’s restaurant offers sensational cuisine and the service is impeccable. All staff involved offer services similar to a 5-star hotel. We thank Maria and Ocsana, who helped us with the problems encountered with the Alitalia company. Thanks also to the hotel staff who, together with my husband, organized a birthday party for me, which I celebrated at this hotel. Everything was wonderful. Calabria is a very beautiful region, worth visiting and I recommend to all tourists to choose the hotel La Bussola in Capo Vaticano. I spent 11 days at this hotel and left for Rome for a 4 night stay. We love Rome, we have visited this wonderful city before, but I can tell you that after our stay in Calabria at the Hotel La Bussola, I had the feeling that I left Heaven and arrived in Hell.
These are our real and sincere impressions. My husband and I are passionate about travel and have visited many countries and capitals in Europe, Asia, Central America and the United Arab Emirates. We love Italy and we have traveled to various regions, but the holiday in Calabria was more special. I can tell you that the holiday in Calabria, at this hotel, was one of the most beautiful holidays I have ever had. The hotel is very well run by the Giuliano family, who are involved in absolutely all activities and work together with the employees.
Many thanks to Maria, Ocsana Leone, Toni, Rino and Francesco for the wonderful vacation we had at Hotel La Bussola. By the way, Francesco makes some sensational cocktails. I haven't downloaded the photos and I can't attach them, but I'll be back to show you these wonderful places. Recommend this hotel to all tourists who love beauty, good taste and quality services.

Room tip: I recommend the superior double rooms which are very comfortable and have a beautiful view.
Date of stay: July 2021
5  Thank Gina U
Reviewed 19 February 2021

This review is late in coming, since it was 2008 that I visited La Bussola, discovering it quite accidentally, and loving so much about it. AS others have said, the family is charming and welcoming and the dinner we had at the restaurant remains my highest restaurant experience in Italy, probably because the spices and presentation reminded me of my Italian grandmother's recipes. After dinner, the family offered us some of their homemade Lemoncello and then kindly shared their recipe, which I have made several times, never matching their quality. Our room was clean and basic, but comfortable, with a nice window. However, it looked out over the roadway which was very noisy and could be heard in the room and in most outdoor spaces. I wonder if that has changed for the better or the worse. It is the only thing that gives me hesitation of arranging another Italy visit for my family to La Bussola, from which we can further explore our Calabrian roots.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank valtal
Reviewed 18 May 2020

We were due to travel to this hotel during the covid 19 pandemic. We had booked independently with them as they beat all the agents we contacted. Obviously we couldn't travel but the hotel were amazing offering us a choice to reschedule or refund our deposit. I will definitely be going to stay with them when I am able and would urge anyone to give them a call and see how competitive they are. Capo vaticano and tropea are both stunningly beautiful and this place is easy to get to both from.

Date of stay: May 2020