Myself & my husband stayed here for a nights break & were quite dissapointed. The bar/lounge is like a barn with tables & chairs everywhere, there are no private area's to relax & have a drink in peace. The service was very slow & one of the barmen was very rude.
We were hoping to go for a walk but while the grounds look very nice they are all golf course so you can't walk out anywhere nearby for a stroll.
The room was very clean but at the back of the hotel looking onto the roof.
We ate in Fredericks, the food was good, nothing amazing, every second dish had an additional supplement which would be unexpected if you were on a budget & dinner was included in the package, for example if you want the beef you have to pay €8.50 extra. There were so many different restaurant staff coming to the table every five minutes that our heads were spinning, being asked 3 times for our order when we had ordered the first time. We were asked if we wanted wine at least 5 times, which was a pain. The highlight of the dinner was the beautiful music by the piano man.
The spa smelt of dampness & the pool is tiny, there is not alot to do for a thermal suite.
The guests are allowed to smoke outside the front door which is not nice when you don't smoke to be greeted with a cloud of smoke as you go to check in & doesn't create a very good impression.
All in all this hotel is ok but it wouldn't be top of my list to recommend to my friends & family, or anyone else for that matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On entering The Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort guests receive a warm personal welcome. In every way Mount Wolseley has been designed to compliment the history of the site and the beauty of its location. Stunning landscapes are visible from every room. From the grand staircase, sparkling chandeliers to the glistening Italian marble floors this hotel was designed for luxury. Reinvigorate your spirit in the Wolseley Spa, test your skills on the challenging golf course or simply spend a leisurely afternoon curled up with a good book in your spacious bedroom. Surrender yourself to this splendid resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club Hotel Tullow
- Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa And Country Club
- Mount Wolseley Hotel Country
- Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort Tullow, County Carlow