My husband and I stayed in Schloss Elmau for 4 nights. We arranged a airport pick up which was great because it was very snowy so it was very easy to just hop in the car that was just in front of the airport. February is a very busy time for the hotel so it was fully booked. The only way I could book for 4 nights was to accept 3 nights in one room and then change rooms for the last night.
The first 3 nights we had a 1 bedroom Suite (60-65 Sqm with a living room) and the last night we were in a junior suite XXL. Both the rooms were absolutely GREAT, but the view of the last cannot be beaten. It was huge (we could have brought the kids since there was one extra bedroom/bathroom with it), and the 'room' was in the corner of the building: it had windows everywhere, overviewing the mountains with the snow, breathtaking..
The Spa on the first floor is great too, we went there every day. We loved the salt swimming pool. It was very special to swim there and sit there in the salty water, with snow all around you! The whole atmosphere of the hotel and the Spa's is very relaxing, we enjoyed that a lot, that's why we came there in the first place.
The only minor thing is that in the 'ruheraums', you are not allowed to eat or drink (also at the spa/swimmingpool at the 3rd floor). We would have liked it to order some drinks over there because the chairs/ beds are nice and it was a good place to relax and also because of the sauna you are very thirsty al the time!
We took several beauty-treatments and massages during our stay. My husband liked the traditional Tuina massage, and I thought the Niance intensive facial treatment was great. The 'black gold mudpack' wasn't what we'd expected, but the Hamam experience, the orient express, was absolutely fantastic.
The service in the hotel is outstanding, it is at a very high standard.
We had dinner in the several restaurants, and lunch in the small restaurant near the spa at the 1st floor.
The Luce d'Oro was quite good, the furniture/decoration wasn't really our taste but the food was wonderfully served.
The other restaurants were fine too, we liked the Italian restaurant a lot. And even the last evening when we had dinner at 'La Salle' we thought it was a very nice kind of 'buffet', with all the small different little plates to choose from, we liked that as well. The Ananda where we took our lunch wasn't so great but we enjoyed sitting there on the terrace one day in the sun all surrounded by snow.
We liked the atmosphere in the wintergarden lounge and the tea garden lounge and in the evening, after dinner, we always went to the Kaminbar lounge for a nice glass of red wine.
The last day we had room service for our breakfast since we had this beautiful room with the stunning view, we wanted to stay there as long as possible ;)
We will sure recommend this hotel to friends, because it is an excellent place to relax with great service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE SCHLOSS ELMAU EXPERIENCE Discerning globetrotters not only enjoy the magic location of Schloss Elmau in probably the most beautiful sanctuary of the Bavarian Alps, spectacular Spas and a liberating sense of perfect calm, hospitality without limitations & cosmopolitan restaurants, Yoga or Tai Chi Chuan with excellent teachers, phantastic sports as well as edutainment for their Kids, but also inspiring encounters with some of the greatest artists and authors of our time. The new RETREAT has been the Residence for the Heads of State & Governement during the G7 Summit 2015. 47 Suites, 2 Restaurants, Lounges, Library, Yoga Pavillon & Spa connect a wholly new dimension of space & casual elegance with breathtaking views of the monumental Wetterstein Mountain & roaring Ferchenbach Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Schloss Elmau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa And Cultural Hideaway
- Schloss Elmau Luxury Spa & Cultural Hideaway Hotel Elmau