All reviews old world charm live music great atmosphere old style lovely hotel both nights fish and chips salmon last weekend car ferry bay window great weekend lovely view four poster bed beautiful island staff were very friendly saturday night
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This was my stop off the night before my trip out to Skellig Michael. Arrived tired and hungry to a very clean warm room with clean en-suite with good shower. Rejuvenated I headed to bar for nice food and a few pints. Waitresses and front of house staff helpful in organizing packed lunch for following day trip.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2018

As a family of five we had lunch there. Three of us ordered seafood chowder which said it contained mollusc and crustaceans but on tasting realized that it contained only two types of fish (salmon and cod) but no seafood. On mentioning this to the waitress, she said 'traces' of seafood. I spoke to the manager on paying the bill, who asked the chef ,and his answer to me was" if you like I can add shrimp and mussels to your dish" (too late) . No apology was given or even an explanation for the error on the menu.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

What Fabulous comfortable Room with A beautiful setting and very well situated near the car ferry. lovely food with a great variety. very friendly staff day time and evening time. It was a shame about the weather as visibility was poor on the days but overall I will go again

Room Tip: do not let the weather defer you. lots to see no matter what
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Booked in here at the last minute for a quick trip. The room was lovely and modern while the hallways etc had an old world charm. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious (definitely have the chowder). Breakfast was a mixed bag, the continental was lovely but the cooked breakfast was a bit lacking with under cooked rashers and overcooked pudding. The real selling point of this hotel though is the staff. Everyone we met were friendly and went above and beyond. The area itself is a lovely island and great for a relaxing few days away.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a sea view which would definitely be worth paying a little extra for
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We ate here on the June Bank Hopiday weekend. The staff were really friendly despite being so busy because of a wedding. I had the beef stew and my parents had fish and chips. The stew was the best I've tasted! The meat was fall8ng apart. My parents thoroughly enjoyed the fish and said the batter was crispy. I would come back again!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family