“Nice place”

Hilda's Cafe Loire
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Ballinrobe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Café on two floors. Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff. Wide selection of homemade deserts and fresh baked scones. Hearty full Irish breakfast served from 9-11.30, lunch from 12-3 and lite bites all day until 5. Also selection of sandwiches, wraps, paninies and salads are available. A warm welcome awaits you at Hilda's @ Café Loire
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Nice food, nice coffee, nice staff.

Pop in frequently with my partner and daughter and always receive a warm welcome.
Hilda always welcomes us by name and knows what we want to drink.
The food there is delicious and the portions are generous.
The location, with a car park right next to it, is so handy.
My baby daughter is always greeted warmly and Hilda and the rest of the staff have her smiling and giggling in no time. So yeah,we like it there.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

excellent breakfast and service, would highly recommend (especially the breakfast bap!) nice cosy cafe , extensive menu and all freshly prepared.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I visit regularly and staff always remember my husband's and my own coffee order, down to the type of milk, the amount of shots and type of cup. We sound fussy but Hilda never minds. She is extremely helpful and provides food to suit my slimmingworld diet. My grandson loves the addition of chips to the menu and thinks Hilda's chips are the best....he says 'we have to go to Hilda's!'. He also loves the wooden toys upstairs and on occasion he dances to the background music. The staff always remember our names and have a lolly for my grandson.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I asked for chicken Curry and rice as it was advertised on the billboard very rude response. She said they are the only place open in town and said they weren’t doing specials but were advertised and soup wasn’t nice

Hilda H, Owner at Hilda's Cafe Loire, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

My deepest apologies Joe. I do recall you asking for chicken curry and rice and my response was brusk to say the least. All boards inside the cafe displayed Happy Christmas as we were operating on the menu and no specials were being provided . The outside board was overlooked unfortunately and that was my fault...Sorry. We were in fact the only Cafe open and thankfully very busy. I know you have visited before with family and I'm upset that you had a bad experience this time. We pride ourselves on good service and attention to detail. This time I came up short and I thank you for your feedback and will make sure to provide the best service in future. Hilda Hughes.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

The coffee is great - they get to know your name. I have been back on a number of occasions for their excellent brie panini and the 3 egg omelette. Excellent - worth a visit and if you need privacy then use the upstairs tables. Not afraid to use the cúpla focal of Gaeilge either. Maith sibh (good on ye).