“Fantastic as always!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

When we visit our relatives in Ballinrobe we love visiting the Pyramid! Yet again it did not disappoint, we love the atmosphere that the bar has here! Has a great traditional pub feel to the place! I also had to mention in this review how delicious my starter was here! I had the black pudding which had a smaller piece of white pudding within it, served on top of an apple mash. IT WAS DELICIOUS, one of the best starters that I have ever ordered! I cant wait to return here next time we are in town!

1  Thank CroxleyJD

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Pyramid, they have consistent food with an amazing service in a relaxed environment

1  Thank Declan g
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I eat here from time to time with family and most recently with my elderly mother on Friday 4th August around 6:30 pm.

The restaurant is adjacent to Mellott's Bar in the Neale and caters very well for couples, families and larger groups for Communions / Birthdays etc.

The menu would probably be described as 'traditional' but it is certainly on the 'high end' in terms culinary skill and presentation.

There are about 10 starters and 15 main course options ... so loads to choose from. Plus the 'roast of the day' !

We had just one starter .. deep fried Brie which was good ... cheese was 'molten' inside the cubes of breadcrumbs, accompanied with raspberry coulis / jam.

For mains, my mother had the 5 oz fillet steak - perfect for her - with pepper sauce. I had the roast Silverhill duck with apple stuffing. The mains have their own veg / salad, but also come with boiled potatoes, chips and steamed vegetables. Only the brave finish the job ! The duck was excellent (Silverhill always is ) and the sauce also. My very senior Mum floored the steak .. I didn't even get a taste !

The Pyramid offer a range of deserts but also have a brilliant offering of mini-deserts for the diet-conscious, and also for those who want to try a selection of deserts. It works really well - they are well made and presented.

The service by Andrea and Trish is always helpful and friendly - they are many years here and very experienced.

The restaurant gives good value for money and it's not hard to see why people return time and time again.

Looking forward eating here again soon !

2  Thank Duffy190467
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Our hosts at lakeshore recommended this and flannerys in balinrobe but as this was en route to our Irish music venue in Cong we decided to come here. Very warm welcome to a quiet restaurant that slowly filled up. Food and service was excellent throughout and you could tell by the presentation,flavour and touches that the chef cared about what he was doing. Our french friend Pierre who is also a chef loved this place and praise from him is not easily won. My steak was perfectly cooked and the pavlova and fresh fruit was wonderful.

3  Thank swpratt
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We were here as a family last week whilst staying at Ashford Castle. Food was great and of very good quality. Dishes probably a little too big so most of us went with mains only. Shared 3 deserts amongst 8 people too!! Very good value. Down side is it doesn't seem to be open Monday's Tuesday's and possibly even Wednesday's but the website or Trip Advisor doesn't note this fact. Staff were great and very friendly.

2  Thank Peter J M