All reviews water skiing surf beach junior suite water sports wine cellar beach restaurant morris bay sea grape return guests been coming for years tennis courts cocktail party snorkeling trips tamarind restaurant paddle boarding kids camp manager rob
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and two teenage daughters celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary with a two week vacation to Antigua.

We stayed in a beautiful Villa in Nonsuch Bay which was amazing but we decided to spoil ourselves by spending 24 hours going All Inclusive at the Curtain Bluff Resort on the other side of the island, which was possibly one of the best decisions this husband and father had made for a long time!

From our arrival the service was truly excellent and we received a warm ‘family’ welcome from all of the staff we encountered throughout our short stay and nothing was ever too much trouble!

The Ground Floor beach front Junior Suite had a view that was truly breathtaking with the ocean waves breaking on the white sands only 20m from the room.

The hotel benefits from both the Atlantic Ocean on the room elevations and the calmer Caribbean Sea where both motorised and non-motorised water sports are offered under the full supervision of the hotel staff. This was a relief as again nothing was too much trouble and “Karl” and his team worked tirelessly to ensure we all enjoyed the beach facilities in full.

During our evening meal we were delighted to meet Shelly, the resort owner who made us feel right at “home” as did Rob the resorts Managing Director. Not often you receive this much attention as a guest and especially if your only staying for 24 hours!

As we were only there for a short time I spoke to another guest for their opinion of the hotel. It turns out he had been to this resort a total of 32 times over the years. I was intrigued as to what made him keep coming back, his answer was “when I returned for the first time I was greeted with a welcome ‘home’ and not just welcome ‘back’, which set the tone for my holiday”. You can’t beat that kind of PR..

Well done Curtain Bluff, we will be back in the future!

Bryce Clan x

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BryceClan
Wendy E, Manager at Curtain Bluff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you Mr. Bryce for your lovely review of CB. We are truly happy you enjoyed your brief stay with us at Curtain Bluff, and you were able to fit in so many activities. Our staff truly make up a huge part of our guests experiences and memorable stays.
We look forward to welcoming the Bryce Clan back to CB in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Curtain Bluff is a magnificent all-inclusive small hotel in Antigua, which exceeded the already very high expectations I had. It took me quite a while to find the perfect hotel to celebrate my parents’ 40 year wedding anniversary and not only did I find it but I also found a home away from home.

Curtain Bluff is located between two beaches; a surf one with waves where rooms are and a quiet one where swimming and water sports take place. The surf beach is perfect for relaxing and walks and the sea and waves sound at night is wonderful. The quiet beach is ideal for swimming and snorkeling. The hotel itself is close to Cades Reef and snorkeling trips are organized twice a day, which is perfect for people who, like me, enjoying snorkeling. Diving trips are also included. There are many other sports options including tennis courts, tennis classes, a gym and Pilates and yoga classes with the best view ever.

Rooms are perfectly equipped with a very nice Caribbean touch. They have everything needed, including the fact that there is no TV in the rooms; you don’t want to spend your days watching TV while you are there. WiFi connection works perfectly and there is a common TV room. We were upgraded to the amazing Grace Bay Suite, an unbelievable room with a magnificent balcony with a jacuzzi.

Food is nice with many options to choose. Breakfast and dinners are served (at fresco weather allowing I guess) in the tamarind restaurant in the main building while lunches are more relaxed by the beach restaurant.

Nonetheless, which makes Curtain Bluff so special is the character that the owner Chelle Huxley, its staff and its manager give to it. They make you feel home, like family. I am especially grateful to Annette in reservations for the patience she had, Seth in the front office, Carl and Lenroy with the snorkeling trips; Danny and Rohan in the restaurants; and Smooth for the coconuts! I have forgotten a lot of them but they are all great.

I perfectly understand why they have many recurring guests. I hope to come back soon. We met an Italian guest who, while on holidays there, stated that holidays in Curtain Bluff had been an investment in our happiness and he was fully right. Curtain Bluff is home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Simply outstanding. There is nothing more that can be done to make your stay more enjoyable. From the minute you arrive until you leave the attendant staff, detail and ambiance make for a dream holiday. My children loved the Kid’s Club; it’s exceptionally well considered and educational. The food is delightful and the team on the beach most accommodating. You can see why people return again and again - we will certainly be back. Thank you!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Roger W
Reviewed 7 August 2018

A visit to Curtain Bluff has been on my bucket list for 10+ years so my family (me & my husband and our two sons 17 & 14) were so excited to finally see it become a reality! It did not disappoint!!! We were greeted by the very kind Seth & taken to our connecting jr. suites right on the beach by Michael (a true gentleman) when we arrived. The views off our patios of surf beach were spectacular!
We stayed for a week and took advantage of water aerobics (very nice instructor), waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, snorkeling, paddleboarding, peddleboating, sailing & just floating on rafts! Although Curtain Bluff is quite expensive, everything is included -- all activities, meals & drinks. Our family took full advantage daily of the water sports so we really felt it was a great value. The Water Sports Team of men & women were outstanding!!! Huge thanks to Junior, James, LenRoy, & Carl. A very extra special thanks to Jensen, who I think we would all agree was our favorite out of an amazing staff! His smile was so warm & genuine & he was incredibly solicitous & friendly! They all made us feel so welcomed, safe & cared for!!!
The dining at CB is superb! Huge shout-out to Danny, Randy & the rest of the top notch team of servers! We thoroughly enjoyed our daily breakfasts & the delicious buffet lunches at the Sea Grape (the fresh fish, assorted salads & ribs were awesome)! We especially enjoyed the more formal dinners at The Tamarind. The service, food, cocktails & nightly live entertainment were simply divine. I described the whole experience to my friends & family as an elegant, old time country club feel/setting (right down to the Frette linens:). My husband & I enjoyed making new friends at the bar after dinner! We were all honored to have the opportunity to visit the lovely & very gracious owner Chelle's beautiful home at the top of the Bluff for cocktails & hors d'oeuvres!
It was such a joy to see my children have the opportunity to try & excel at new sports! We experienced so many fun things together as a family & there's just no pricetag you can put on that! I will treasure the wonderful memories made & will look forward to our return next time hopefully with our extended family!
I thank you Curtain Bluff and your amazing management & staff from the bottom of my heart for the vacation of a lifetime! It was truly magical - God Bless!

Stayed: July 2018
3  Thank WBJNoVa
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

It's average because they don't refill ur snack baskets in ur room, dress attire kinda sucks. But nice beaches, haven't gone in the pool, tons of activities like shuffleboard, and waterskiing, bocce and basketball, a gym and lots more fun kid friendly activities, even parents too. Nice rooms. Has closets and drawers. Has a nice couch to lounge. Great food. Amazing food. Very tropical and fresh fish, fresh fruits and smoothies and pastries at breakfast and just overall lovely with just a couple of inconveniences and obstacles.

Come to Antigua. It's so nice and cozy. It also doesn't rain often but once in a while it might. But it's very light most of the time if it ever rains. Occasional thunder but not usually so don't worry. Plus bring warm stuff and sun dresses. If ur a girl that's key.

Thx folks, see what this experience brings u.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family