7 people are viewing this hotel
US$955
SAVE US$25
Official Hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$980
eDreamsUS$980
Orbitz.comUS$955
All reviews water skiing surf beach water sports sea grape tennis courts return guests beach restaurant tamarind restaurant snorkeling trips squash court kids camp cocktail party paddle boarding repeat visitors tennis program hobie cats tennis week
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Curtain Bluff is a magnificent all-inclusive small hotel in Antigua, which exceeded the already very high expectations I had. It took me quite a while to find the perfect hotel to celebrate my parents’ 40 year wedding anniversary and not only did I find it but I also found a home away from home.

Curtain Bluff is located between two beaches; a surf one with waves where rooms are and a quiet one where swimming and water sports take place. The surf beach is perfect for relaxing and walks and the sea and waves sound at night is wonderful. The quiet beach is ideal for swimming and snorkeling. The hotel itself is close to Cades Reef and snorkeling trips are organized twice a day, which is perfect for people who, like me, enjoying snorkeling. Diving trips are also included. There are many other sports options including tennis courts, tennis classes, a gym and Pilates and yoga classes with the best view ever.

Rooms are perfectly equipped with a very nice Caribbean touch. They have everything needed, including the fact that there is no TV in the rooms; you don’t want to spend your days watching TV while you are there. WiFi connection works perfectly and there is a common TV room. We were upgraded to the amazing Grace Bay Suite, an unbelievable room with a magnificent balcony with a jacuzzi.

Food is nice with many options to choose. Breakfast and dinners are served (at fresco weather allowing I guess) in the tamarind restaurant in the main building while lunches are more relaxed by the beach restaurant.

Nonetheless, which makes Curtain Bluff so special is the character that the owner Chelle Huxley, its staff and its manager give to it. They make you feel home, like family. I am especially grateful to Annette in reservations for the patience she had, Seth in the front office, Carl and Lenroy with the snorkeling trips; Danny and Rohan in the restaurants; and Smooth for the coconuts! I have forgotten a lot of them but they are all great.

I perfectly understand why they have many recurring guests. I hope to come back soon. We met an Italian guest who, while on holidays there, stated that holidays in Curtain Bluff had been an investment in our happiness and he was fully right. Curtain Bluff is home away from home!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Wendy Eardley-Woodhouse, Guest Services / Front Office at Curtain Bluff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2020

Thank you for your wonderful review. Come back and see us at" your home away from home" soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Simply outstanding. There is nothing more that can be done to make your stay more enjoyable. From the minute you arrive until you leave the attendant staff, detail and ambiance make for a dream holiday. My children loved the Kid’s Club; it’s exceptionally well considered and educational. The food is delightful and the team on the beach most accommodating. You can see why people return again and again - we will certainly be back. Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Roger W

Thank you for your review. So glad the your children enjoyed spending time with Ainsley at the Kids club. Our kids club is a unique covered pavilion just behind our calm beach with birds and tortoises and iguanas. the kids enjoy feeding the animals, making arts and crafts from local items, such as shells and drift wood.
We hope to see you all back at CB sometime soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

A visit to Curtain Bluff has been on my bucket list for 10+ years so my family (me & my husband and our two sons 17 & 14) were so excited to finally see it become a reality! It did not disappoint!!! We were greeted by the very kind Seth & taken to our connecting jr. suites right on the beach by Michael (a true gentleman) when we arrived. The views off our patios of surf beach were spectacular!
We stayed for a week and took advantage of water aerobics (very nice instructor), waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, snorkeling, paddleboarding, peddleboating, sailing & just floating on rafts! Although Curtain Bluff is quite expensive, everything is included -- all activities, meals & drinks. Our family took full advantage daily of the water sports so we really felt it was a great value. The Water Sports Team of men & women were outstanding!!! Huge thanks to Junior, James, LenRoy, & Carl. A very extra special thanks to Jensen, who I think we would all agree was our favorite out of an amazing staff! His smile was so warm & genuine & he was incredibly solicitous & friendly! They all made us feel so welcomed, safe & cared for!!!
The dining at CB is superb! Huge shout-out to Danny, Randy & the rest of the top notch team of servers! We thoroughly enjoyed our daily breakfasts & the delicious buffet lunches at the Sea Grape (the fresh fish, assorted salads & ribs were awesome)! We especially enjoyed the more formal dinners at The Tamarind. The service, food, cocktails & nightly live entertainment were simply divine. I described the whole experience to my friends & family as an elegant, old time country club feel/setting (right down to the Frette linens:). My husband & I enjoyed making new friends at the bar after dinner! We were all honored to have the opportunity to visit the lovely & very gracious owner Chelle's beautiful home at the top of the Bluff for cocktails & hors d'oeuvres!
It was such a joy to see my children have the opportunity to try & excel at new sports! We experienced so many fun things together as a family & there's just no pricetag you can put on that! I will treasure the wonderful memories made & will look forward to our return next time hopefully with our extended family!
I thank you Curtain Bluff and your amazing management & staff from the bottom of my heart for the vacation of a lifetime! It was truly magical - God Bless!

4  Thank WBJNoVa

Thank you for your review and wonderful words about your lovely holiday at CB.
We do hope you will return for a future stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We went with our 2 boys (ages 4 and 3) in July and had a terrific vacation. Exactly what we needed. Relaxation with enough activities, food, drinks and beach time. Ainsley at the Kids Camp was awesome!!! The boys are still talking about her and all the activities. Beach is beautiful. Staff is always willing to take you out on the boats, beach chairs promptly prepped. Lunch was our favorite. Great fresh fish, chicken, rice, and vegetables. Right on the beach. Water bowls to clean your feet everywhere. Tons of detail but in a laid back way. Perfect. Very boutique feel. I can’t say enough good things. We can’t wait to go back. One of our best vacations yet. Compares strongly to Turks.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank abf13
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This place is amazing, beautiful view and a very nice beach.
The all inclusive is excellent, and it have nice restaurants and drinks. You can go anywhere from this location. It is very big area and has all facilities. Good for couples or families.

Room tip: In the upper side, for a better view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends