All reviews water skiing surf beach water sports junior suite wine cellar beach restaurant sea grape morris bay cocktail party return guests tennis courts snorkeling trips tamarind restaurant kids camp paddle boarding managing director the atlantic ocean
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I can only reiterate the previous reviews. My husband and I booked for ourselves and two grown up daughters to accompany us on a very special week at CB to celebrate our eldest's 30th, our other daughter's last family holiday before her approaching wedding and our 20th wedding anniversary. We had all been looking forward to it and I worried that our expectations and hopes would be dashed for this much-needed break. I needn't have worried, it was just fabulous. Everything and everyone there were so friendly and accommodating. It was such a relaxing week. The food, accommodation, activities and care shown by all the staff was magical. We were all blown away and didn't want to come home! We have since booked to return in April 2019 as it just 'Had To Be Done!' :-)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Wendy E, Manager at Curtain Bluff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

So happy to hear that CB exceeded your expectations. We have many, many guests like yourselves who celebrate special occasions, our staff do their very best to ensure that your celebrations are memorable.
looking forward to seeing you all in April 2019

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We travel a lot and over the last few years have stayed in exceptional 5 star resorts all over the world. This place is very nice, but what really makes it stand out is the staff and the service. You always feel welcome. The food was excellent and all premium liquor was included in the all inclusive plan. The beach was exceptional The water was calm and exceptionally clear. We can't wait to return

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob8638

So pleased you enjoyed your visit to Curtain Bluff. We hear it time and time again that what really makes CB the special resort is our staff who have a way to make each and every guest feel at home and special.
Cant wait to see you all back at CB too.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

My husband and I traveled to Curtain Bluff for our anniversary. We stayed 5 nights from May 1-6th… We have done much traveling throughout the Caribbean, love to see and stay at new places, and had yet to visit Antigua. So, after reading many, many reviews, as well as recalling having seen CB mentioned in several “Top Rated” books and travel articles, I thought “Let’s check it out!” (I am always nervous about being the designated travel planner in the household, and feel a fair amount of pressure that our trips live up to the hype—we both have busy work schedules, so a relaxing re-set is great, unmet expectations and hassles not so much!) We booked through a 3rd party, but having done my research, I reached out to the hotel to say Hello & plan for airport transfers. I did not initially get a message back from my communication via the CB web site, but got an immediate response when I sent a note via Facebook.
From arrival at the airport, I began to relax. The CB staff were immediately apparent, and guided us through customs and to our (private) transfer that had been arranged. The drive was about 30-35 minutes to the hotel, and our driver was full of info and history about the island.
Check in at the hotel with Phillip was easy and friendly. He gave us a quick tour and then accompanied us to our room. Unbeknownst to us before entering, Toya (who I communicated with via Facebook & email) had upgraded us to a junior suite (by the way, there is nothing “junior” about these suites) for our anniversary. Chilled champagne and a personal note sat waiting for us just in front of one of the most beautiful views I have seen via a hotel room in the Caribbean. I told Phillip I was restraining myself from hugging him as he left us to get settled!!
Nothing went downhill from arrival and our lovely new “home” for the week. I read over and again how wonderful the staff is at CB. This is 100% true. Within 24 hours, you feel like you are part of the family there. I am sure if you preferred to be left alone, that would easily be accomplished, but if you enjoy chatting & joking around with staff, you will! One of our favorite people we met (while hard to narrow down) is Nigel. Nigel is a tennis pro. We don’t play tennis! We got to meet him while having cocktails on our first night and spent time with him every day. I was also so flattered to meet Chelle, the owner, and spend time with her. She is straight out adorable! Rob, the manager, was also hilarious and a lot of fun. It’s great to see the owner and managing staff so present on the property.
While there are limited dining venues, the food is great, service excellent. (After a day or so, I had Randy, a bartender, ask me if I wanted “the usual”!) The lunch buffet changes daily, and service on the beach is very efficient. Live music at night at the Tamarind was really good.
While my husband and I enjoy visiting new places every year, we may change our tune for 2019. I look forward to returning to Curtain Bluff and catching up with the folks there sooner rather than later!! Thank you to all who took such good care of us during our stay! CHEERS!

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank AmyInNY

You are most welcome, we are all so thrilled that your husband and yourself enjoyed your anniversary week with us. Thank you for positing such an in depth review of the property. Our management and staff really and truly make the hotel from Chelle to Rob to all the wonderful staff in every department, who are sincere individuals who enjoy meeting all of our guests.
We know it is a very big world out there with an endless amount of choices to stay on vacation, it is why we are so greatful that we have a return guest ratio of 65%. Happy to hear that you will be back to CB in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful resort for a week. I had read all the previous reviews of this place, but nothing prepares you for the personalized service you receive from every employee, including the owner Chelle and manager Rob. We stayed in a Bluff room #63 which was very spacious. We especially enjoyed the balcony which was large enough to accommodate a table, two chairs and a lounge chair. The view from there was perfect. The food at all meals was exceptional. And, the nightly entertainment during dinner was a big plus. We used the beach every day as well as the pool. Each day an employee would cover our lounge chairs with a nice soft towel type material so that we would not be laying on the plastic cushions. Cold water, fresh fruit, wet towels, ice pops and drinks from the bar were offered throughout the day. My husband did scuba diving one day and enjoyed it. But if you want to enjoy the water other ways, there were floats, kayaks, hobie cats and snorkeling trips. One evening during the week all guests were invited up to Chelle's house at the top of the Bluff to enjoy some food, cocktails and the gorgeous view. Most employees that we met have been with Curtain Bluff for many, many years. Returning guests seem to be the norm and I can see why. If you want to treat yourself to a special place, look no further than Curtain Bluff.

Room tip: Rooms on the bluff require the ability to walk up several flights of stairs.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 9 May 2018

My husband and I stayed in the Terrace Suite at the top of the bluff for our honeymoon. The room and outdoor space (with loungers and infinity pool) exceeded our expectations. Everything was beautiful, exceptionally clean, and the small maintenance issues we had (safe battery was dead, screen door wouldn't completely close) were fixed immediately. The people who work at the resort were so friendly that it made our stay even more special. The food was great- especially the fish and chips and jerk chicken wrap. We can't wait to be back.

Room tip: Our room is perfect for those who want privacy and don't mind the hike up the bluff.
Date of stay: May 2018