All reviews darkwood beach property manager private infinity pool amazing villa an incredible view of the ocean all mod cons stayed longer master bedroom grocery store every morning water pressure the entire staff place to stay each evening caribbean sea minute walk outdoor shower
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Rented Villa B7 for the week..unbelievable views, nested between two great beaches. Very spacious, amazing outdoor area, infinity pool and access to a deserted private beach. Great decorations. The boardwalk to Ffryes beach is a stunning walk. Seriously, there are probably no better sea view villas anywhere. Few things starting to need touch ups, mainly the kitchen, but apparently renovations are in the works.

Great service to boot, Bancroft greeted us as we drove in, made us immediately feel at home. He knows everything and everyone on the island, can fix anything if needed.

We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AliT816
Reviewed 20 August 2018

My best friend and I had a girls getaway and we stayed in the 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath O2 villa (called Stingray 02 on the site that I booked it -- Isleblue.co). I thought the pictures on the website were good...we were BLOWN AWAY by the villa in person. We both remarked that we couldn't believe we had the luck to stay there. You absolutely cannot beat the views. You can see the gorgeous blue water from pretty much every door and window. To be able to sit outside and just stare at the ocean...WOW. Every morning there was such a gift. Trust me, you want to stay here at least once when visiting Antigua. It's worth every dime. Now, on to the details (or at least the things I'd want to read about in a review lol):

The staff - Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Bancroft! We miss him already! He took such good care of us and really made two single ladies feel safe and secure. Tamarind Hills has a gem in him and I hope they know it! Darren was our driver for most of the trip and he was great! He got us everywhere we needed to go safely and he was super nice and so sweet. We didn't utilize housekeeping (we were only there for 5 days and we just cleaned up after ourselves) but it is offered as part of the deal.

Internet - It worked better than expected throughout the villa, inside and out. I had the strongest signal downstairs in the living/kitchen area but I was able to stream (with few interruptions) YouTube videos in the master bedroom, outside by the pool, and in the master bathroom. I have AT&T and an iPhone 8/iPad Air 2. I was able to make AT&T Wifi calls and send/receive text messages with no issues. Again, the strongest connection for me was in downstairs in the living/kitchen area. All TVs in the home are Smart TVs and they all worked well. There are ample power plugs throughout the villa, inside and out. We were never left saying "I wish there was a plug here". We did not need plug converters coming from the U.S. Everything plugged in normally.

Kitchen - There are a ton of plates, bowls, spoons, pots, pans, etc. If you plan to do full on cooking you may be missing measuring items and things like that. We did some light cooking and had everything we needed. There is a coffeemaker, a toaster, a juicer, and a blender. The stove, oven, microwave, and fridge all worked well. The grocery store is literally a five minute drive away and was similar to what we are used to in the States. They had a few things for us in the fridge but if you want real food (even down to spices), you'll definitely need to visit the store.
I read about ant problems in other villas but we didn't have that issue. We did have a fruit fly/gnat situation though when we left some dirty dishes in the sink overnight.

Water pressure - I am used to being beat down by the water in my shower at home so it was different in the villa BUT it was not bad at all.

Amenities - There is a grill (we didn't use), a plunge pool (used a lot - not heated), a boardwalk (used), an outdoor shower (used - worked well), and a washer/dryer (didn't use - we would have but there was no detergent).

Air conditioning - I always worry about sufficient A/C when traveling abroad because I am used to it being ice cold in S. Florida. This was NOT a problem in this villa. Whooooo man, it gets and stays cold in there. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and that makes it even colder while sleeping. I have zero complaints about the A/C. It was perfect!

The beds - They were definitely on the firm side and though I prefer softer beds I slept well. The pillows were squishy and nice.

Other stuff - The villa is right between Darkwood Beach and Ffryes Beach. Both are within walking distance. Darkwood was nice, clean, quiet and the water was beautiful. There is a water park situation thing there that I saw lots of people utilizing. We ate at the beach's bar and grill and it was ok. Not terrible but nothing to write home about. We did eat at Sheer Rocks as well and this is place you need to visit while on the island. The food is AMAZING. While in St. John, we ate at Hemingway's and the food there was pretty good too.

I'm already thinking about the next time I'm going to visit Antigua just to stay in this villa again. I don't see myself every staying anywhere else. We loved it!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2018

This cluster of villas is an excellent place to be if you want to relax. We woke up to a fabulous view of turquoise water every morning which was the icing on the cake, every morning! The villa is really beautiful with excellent amenities. The interior finishes were excellent, the place was clean, the beds were comfortable and the terraces and plunge pool were great for relaxing. There was a fan on the terrace downstairs which was a treat for sitting outside on the hot days. There are two beaches available and relatively easy to access. There are lots of stairs if you are not at a beachfront villa but it was not a problem for us. Although there were people in the villa next door to us we did not hear or see them unless we were leaving to go out at the same time. We brought spices and dry goods with us and went food shopping on the way in so we were prepared to cook our own meals. There is a gas grill is on the property and we used it to cook several nights. Although we went out to eat at some nice places a few times, our meals at home were just as good. They treated the area each evening to eliminate mosquitoes so there was no issue with bugs except a few flies that got in when the sliders were open. The staff was really very pleasant and accommodating.
There were a few things that prevented a 5 star rating. The big one is that we discovered a safety issue that was not pointed out when we arrived, nor adequately addressed while we were there. Other smaller things: We had no barstools at our kitchen counter, TV channels did not come in consistently at all and really only worked on one of three TV's. We had to figure out the convection oven and induction cooktop as there were no directions provided despite what the brochure/article said, a ceiling fan did not work and was not fixed and there were no hooks in the bathroom/bedroom or closets for robes etc.
Overall it was a great trip and this will be at the top of the list when we need to go to a great place to relax.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stunning location, though be prepared to drive if you want to eat out. But with all the facilities you have on hand, there really is no need to leave the apartment. The floor to ceiling glass windows, which frame perfect views of the sea and amazing sunsets, make it a joy just to loaf about. The kitchen was beautiful and well equipped, and although the plunge pool is no good for laps, it is ideal for dipping into - and you have less than a minute's walk to the sea. Highly recommended for a luxury stay and we can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at O7 (Ocean Blue) this time and had another fantastic experience. The accommodation is in a stunning location and we would breakfast on the deck each morning watching turtles feed - never get tired of that. The accommodation is luxurious with all mod cons. For this visit, the boardwalk to Freyes beach was complete which is a real asset but it's also worth a snorkel round from the resort beach as it's like swimming in an aquarium! T'sa will sort you out with rental cars, pick up from the airport and pretty much anything else you may require and Bancroft sorts out any niggles with the property super quickly. It's a great place to visit and it's always good to see what's been added since the last trip!

Trip type: Travelled with family