All reviews jolly harbour short drive your doorstep satellite tv sun loungers air conditioning karol hosts serge veranda beaches montserrat antigua privacy
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a fabulous holiday here. I haven’t been to Antigua in over 20 years, and I really didn’t want to stay in a hotel this time, but I also wasn’t sure about staying in an apartment. I have known Karol from years back, when we were much younger, and have kept loosely in touch with her via social media etc, so, I contacted her to see if she had by any chance, a cancellation for January. We were obviously meant to go, as she rarely gets cancellations.
Well, where do I start, the location is on a hilly area with the most wonderful views, I felt like I was living in a tree house, secluded, it is one of three, but they do not intrude on each other. The studio is quite large and tastefully furnished, absolutely spotless, with satellite tv if needed, excellent WiFi, air conditioning, doors on three sides, which can be opened to give a more natural fresh breeze throughout the place, a kitchen area, large very comfy bed, and it has a large wrap around gorgeous veranda, with a hammock, sun loungers and dining table/chairs.
The pool and covered bar/seating area, are down some steps, but, my husband has walking difficulties, so I drove him down, when he wanted to go lie by the pool, which, we had to ourselves, bliss.
A very short drive away is Jolly H, which has all the amenities that one needs on a holiday, ATM’s, Epicurean supermarket, petrol, restaurants, bars, and beautiful beaches all on your doorstep.
Our hosts, Karol and Merve made the place even more special, they have a wonderful warm friendly, extremely helpful way about them, what a lovely couple. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they even organised our pick up from the airport, and the hire of a 4x4, at a good price. Some nights we didn’t want to drive, they gave me a local taxi number, Randy, a very reliable friendly guy, with the same genuine warm aura that Karol and Merve have.
Karol reminded me where the best local beaches are, where I could get the best lobster lunch also, she can help you with anything you need or want to know, she is very well connected and respected by the local community so I name dropped her on several occasions, and got a good deal on some presents in the local Jolly Harbour shops.
We had a brilliant time, we relaxed in a beautiful setting, sat on our veranda every early morning and sunset time, stunning and peaceful. We had lots of sunny weather, so we drove out and about most days, ate out at quite a few local restaurants, which I’ve given reviews on.
All in all, it was a truly fabulous vacation, great island, great weather, friendly people, met some lovely neighbours, Stephanio and Monia, who frequent Stoneyhill, but most of all, the very very loveliest hosts ever. A special mention for Benson, my steak buddy!!!!!! Karol and Merve, you are the best.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roseannah34
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We had a lovely and comfortable stay at Stoneyhill apartments. Like having your own personal place on the hill with a nice verandah and great view. Cottages appointed with all the essentials, no big resort feel but with beach, marina and convieniences at a short distance.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123jerry
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Writing this review late. Stayed for 11 days in January. This is my first review on Trip Advisor and meant to leave a recommendation after we returned - just doing it now. Karole and Merv were fantastic hosts. Nothing but great things to say about the villa, the pool, location and hospitality. WE WILL BE BACK!!

Stewart and Lori (from Calgary in Jan, now Victoria - Canada)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calgary284
Reviewed 12 April 2017

our first time self catering in Antigua after spending a fortune on all inclusive hotels and what a dream holiday this was. Karole and Merv the owners were so friendly and helpfull, the cottages are very clean, well fitted out, with fantastic views, we spent most of our time on the veranda either in the day eds or the hammock chilling out.
There is also a swimming pool for when you need to cool off.
definitely recommend jeep hire as the appartment is at the top of a steep hill, supermarket only 10 minutes away, along with 5 of the Islands best beaches to visit.
we found it best to eat out during the afternoon most of the time and get some snacks from the supermarket to eat whilst sitting on the veranda in the evening watching the sun set.
StoneyHill is so peacefull, beautiful and has such charming hosts, what more could you ask for, we are certainly going back there again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clive F
Reviewed 25 January 2017

This was our first time in Antigua and how lucky we were to have selected Stoneyhill Apartments. This is one of the best apartments we have stayed in over our years of travelling. The apartments are lovely and your private terrace is extremely spacious and furnished to a high standard, I could have spent forever looking at the amazing view. However apart from the fantastic accommodation you will meet the loveliest couple who own them Karol and Merve. They go above and beyond to make your holiday the best. They really care about their guests, and Merve introduced me to my new drink vodka and grapefruit, thanks Merve. Karol is the warmest, friendliest and thoughtful host you could wish to meet. If we return to the beautiful island of Antigua this is the only place we'd stay at.

Room Tip: Best views, best accommodation, private, safe and wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple