5,145 results
All reviews standard room jolly beach resort a la carte restaurants jerk chicken seafood ann marie entertainment staff supersaver room swim up bar super saver room coconut grill star resort quiet pool the main buffet restaurant indian food three star go with an open mind
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I had the privilege of returning to jolly beach as guest not staff even if it was only one night. From checking in it was a warm welcome my room wasn't ready but they direct me to food hey! Hemisphere complements to the chef breakfast and lunch was off the chain ( I had pepperpot with pickled piggy anybody can say Local). Dinner at Lydia's- now now I had crab cakes and the catch of the day pan seared snapper oh my box juice! You know when taste something so good you close your eyes that was me. Went to the grill tried a little jerk chicken its hot not overpowering as I thought it would be (im not a pepper person) and smokey. I love love the staff whether I knew them or not they made me feel loved. Thank you so much. Gem

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank gem2sons
RudyRichardson, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear gem2sons,

Thank you for choosing Starfish Jolly Beach Resort and Spa as your Stay-cation destination and sharing your exciting experience with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your warm welcome, cuisine of the restaurants and the friendly teams.

We are happy to know that you were treated well even though you are known to the property and felt the essence of a great vacation experience.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our teams, as they made your holiday memorable.

Our aim is to provide the best holiday and will keep improving with your recommendations, to make your next visit even better.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a good time at Jolly Beach Resort. Resort is older but rooms were clean. Staff was very helpful and they try to make sure you have a good time. Drinks very good. They just need to have the Italian restaurant open at least one more night. They had activities and entertainment everyday and night. Jet skiing right off the beach was great. Also did a catamaran cruise around the whole island was very nice.

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank John B

Dear John B,

Thank you for choosing Starfish Jolly Beach Resort and Spa as your vacation destination and sharing your exciting experience with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, friendly and helpful teams, cuisine of our Restaurants and Bars, lively entertainment and available tours.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our teams, especially as they made your holiday memorable.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start by saying this is a 3 star resort but you do really get 5 star service!! There have been a lot of reviews slating this place about it's out dated decor small rooms with lack of wardrobe space blah blah blah....... firstly who goes on holiday to spend any time in your room apart from to shower and sleep!! And secondly they are making improvements to the hotel while we were there, the main thing is the place was clean and tidy and the maids left no stone unturned when cleaning the room, all rooms here are sea view obviously some better than others. Anyway back to my main reason for writing this review THE STAFF absolutely amazing, very friendly, very warm and welcoming and great with the kids, they always tried to get you involved with games and activities but never pressured you, the staff that stood out for me were Anika, Quasim, Clovis, Marsha, Shane, Eunetta, Lionel, Neil, Kevere, Anne Marie and Shion all these people made mine and families time there one we won't forget in a hurry, these people are a real credit to the starfish jolly beach resort. Food amazing the lunch time pool grill is the one, jerk chicken, chips, coleslaw, burgers, hotdogs, fired chicken, pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches all very good. We hope to return to starfish jolly...... Thank you for an amazing holiday.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Thomas1315

Dear Thomas1315,

Thank you for choosing Starfish Jolly Beach Resort and Spa as your vacation destination and sharing your amazing experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of and view from your room, amazing teams, kids programs, lively entertainment, and cuisine of our Restaurants.

It is a pleasure to receive your kind words and will have them shared with our teams, especially Anika, Quasim, Clovis, Marsha, Shane, Eunetta, Lionel, Neil, Kevere, Anne Marie and Shion as they made your vacation experience memorable.

We look forward to your next visit where the experience will be even greater as we continue to improve for your enjoyment.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My Canadian friends and I generally meet in Jamaica annually for our winter "reunion". This year we also booked a Sept trip to Antiqua. It was an awesome trip and for the life of us we cannot see how some one could complain about this resort. You get what you pay for and if you want 5 star accommodations then that is what you should book and not nit pick. The beach was huge and the surf was not rocky" as described. We ate in all of the restaurants with the Italian being our fav...maybe due to our server, Eveline and the bar trainee, Wendy. All the staff was friendly and helpful and Carlton, the bar supervisor, made a point of chatting with us.
I booked a super saver as I was traveling as a single and it was adequate for a beach vacation where all you need is a clean bed, hot shower and a door to lock. My room was quite nice for the price paid. We enjoyed mimosas at breakfast, delish omelets, very nice meals and a BBQ nite and a beach/pool dinner nite. It would be difficult to not find something to your liking.
Peter, the AM manager,stopped by on the beach to ask about our stay. I did learn that the resort does not honor returning guests that have stayed at other Starfish properties did get mixed answers to my question.This would have been my 3 or 4th Starfish stay.
There is a dress code for the Italian restaurant so men should pack long pants and closed toes shoes. No flip flops.
The beach vendors were not a problem however people trying to rent out sea-dos were obnoxious....drinking, getting stoned, fighting, and passing out on loungers on the beach. They apparently have some agreement with the hotel but I would hate to see a busy season and no loungers available bc the vendors were napping on them.A local cop intervened after a fight and then stopped by to chat. The sea do people got stoned just feet away but as they were downwind, they were undected.I would say that they were the only downer on this trip so count ourselves fortunate.
Would we return, yes. Everyone we spoke to really enjoyed their stays. This was our 2nd trip to Antiqua and I would encourage friends to try this resort but advise them to locate themselves away from the undesireables. Oh, and a short walk from the resort to the store may yield you with better liquor prices that at duty free

Room Tip: place your things on loungers away from the drinking, stoned seado red tent
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank leprechaunshag

Dear leprechaunshag,

Thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination and sharing your experience with us.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful mile long beach, cuisine of our Restaurants and Bars, and friendly teams.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our teams, especially Eveline, Wendy, Carlton and Peter as they made your holiday memorable.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and know that the relevant teams will continue to improve to ensure your next experience is even better.

The beaches on the island are public which is why we provide 24/7 security for our guests and kindly ask that the vendors respect the vacation experience our visitors.

Our aim is to provide a great vacation holiday and will continue improving for your next visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Just returned from an amazing week here. Myself and my new wife got married we traveled alone and had fantastic support form the hotel Isha (wedding coordinator) was there every step
Of the way lots of info before we arrived and always ready to help when we arrived. Hotel is lovely, staff were always happy to help, food fantastic lots of choice for vegetarians. Would definitely return and highly recommend

Stayed: September 2018
10  Thank wbover
RudyRichardson, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear wbover,

Thank you for choosing Starfish Jolly Beach Resort and Spa as your Wedding & Honeymoon vacation destination and sharing your exciting experience with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the friendly and helpful teams, cuisine of our restaurants, availability for vegetarian foods, and the Weddings management.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our teams, especially Isha that coordinated your wedding, as she made your holiday memorable.

Our aim is to provide the best holiday and will keep improving to make your next visit even better.