Lowest prices for your stay
US$705
Booking.comUS$695
Hotels.comUS$705
PricelineUS$695
2,961 results
All reviews sheer rocks the cottages plunge pool deluxe cottage mr gore breakfast and lunch waterfront suite coco bay paninis lower pool our honeymoon rum punch lobster mosquito net buffet style valley church beach sand flies
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021

I had high hopes of Cocobay as its double the price of Cocos, where we stayed earlier in the year and earlier in this trip and I thought it would be amazing. But everything was a little disappointing. This may be a temporary problem but the first few days we were there, there was a bad sanitation smell all over the resort. Really off putting. The room was ok and the view was good but the bathroom was tiny with only 1 sink and looked like it was built in the 70s. Meals were good but all very casual, even in the evenings. There are two beaches, one either side of the hotel. One has alot of vendors on there and although they were polite - it all gets a bit tedious. The other has alot of locals with noisy kids especially at the weekend. The beach bar is quite a long way from the beach! They are a bit obsessed with putting your mask on outside in the 5 second walk from the entrance to the restaurant (only 1) and your table - where you can take it off again. Its all so ridiculous that I found being scolded a bit annoying. Having just stayed at Cocos where everything was so superior, the whole experience - while not bad - was disappointing.

Date of stay: May 2021
O'Neal Richards, General Manager at Cocobay Resort Antigua - Adults Only - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Hello Vanessa,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Antigua. We truly appreciated your patronage and we are sorry to learn that you were not completely satisfied with all aspects of your stay. Honestly, this is not typical of our guests' experience. However, we've always been humble in considering all constructive criticisms. Please accept my personal apologies for not meeting your expectations.

We'd be delighted to host you again as we are committed to working on improvements. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you reconsider.

Respectfully,

O'Neal
Resort Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2021

After stalking Coco Bay's Instagram for years, we decided to take a quick trip and spent 4 nights at the resort. While there were a few hiccups during our stay, the resort manager, O’Neal, took the time to ensure that our feedback was heard, discussed, and implemented. I’ve stayed at several hotels and resorts across the world, but never had a manager reach out directly to discuss any concerns we had post-stay and thank me for my feedback – it is exemplative of how much he values guests and the experience that they have at the resort.

Room: We stayed in a deluxe cottage which was lovely – incredible views, comfortable bed, lovely veranda, good AC. The space felt very private as well, with strategic placement of landscaping to ensure you felt secluded. I see a lot of reviews calling the cottages rustic, but I think it is erring more on the side of charming. If you are looking for ultra-modern, this would not be the right fit. Important to note that the grounds are a bit hilly, so if you have any mobility issues, I suggest asking for a cottage closer to reception. We did not mind the uphill walk and welcomed the extra exercise!

Food/drinks: The food was very good. Dinner was always excellent with plenty of food over four courses and very kind staff. Lunch and breakfast were also good, though with fewer choices than dinner. We are 'members' so we did not need to pay for the supplemental items at dinner, and while they were good, I would not have paid extra for them. We did a premium poolside dinner one night, which was the highlight of all our meals and well worth the upgrade. Bar bites and paninis in the afternoon were good and ensured you were never left hungry. Drinks were good, though sometimes they were out of ingredients for certain cocktails, and house wines were also nice. Only one beer available, the Caribbean Carib.

Grounds/pools: The resort is beautiful and well-maintained. The pools are both great and there were plenty of lounge chairs and shade for everyone to enjoy. 3/4 days we were there they had no pool towels available in the morning and again in the afternoon. I would suggest investing in some extra pool towels, so guests don’t need to return to their rooms to use their bath towels.

While we were there, we did not have the best weather and the power/Wi-Fi went out for a few hours, which is of course no one's fault, but we felt it could have been a time for them to really shine when it came to service in order to help lift some (soggy) spirits. O’Neal chatted with me about this feedback and I believe really took it to heart, recognizing the importance that service, attention to detail and each staff/guest interaction plays in a guest’s overall experience.

Overall, Coco Bay is a lovely resort and I believe the staff truly takes pride in ensuring that guests are happy. Barring the few hiccups we had during our stay, it is still one of the better all-inclusive boutique resorts in Antigua.

3  Thank Esm3279
Laurie Matthew, Guest Services / Front Office at Cocobay Resort Antigua - Adults Only - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review Esm3279!

We are extremely grateful for the opportunity to look after you and are humbled that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for your suggestions and comments this has been graciously noted.

Our friendly and helpful staff would be more than happy to host you both again!

Our warm Cocobay smiles awaits you!

Reviewed 5 May 2021

After a year delay, we finally made it to Cocobay. Here are my impressions:

THE ROOMS:

Why would you want to stay at a cookie cutter Sandals (where most of our flight went) when you can stay at this quaint, quiet, and very islandy collection of cottages? Painted in pastels, all with great porches and Adirondack chairs, most with private plunge pools, and great views everywhere. The room interior is not the luxury digs you might get at a chain all-inclusive, but it had the essentials; a large comfortable bed, a bathroom with a shower that opens up so you can bathe with a view of the ocean, and a hammock for snoozing. My wife was initially not pleased but she quickly realized that we were spending our time in a room that had character and local charm. Rustic, yes, but you're on an island!

THE FOOD

All meals served in the open air restaurant. There was never a yearning for AC; always comfortable, often with ocean breezes. You will certainly meet the local cat Jasmine, who now has a family of 4 to feed. They will entertain you for sure.

I cannot figure out why people complain about portion size. We NEVER left the table hungry. The daily breakfast special was often a great choice. For lunch, we almost always started with the soup of the day (all soups were outstanding) and then a main (often local fish) followed by (usually shared) dessert. Desserts were all really good; be sure to order any dessert where they mention "banana". Dinners were 4 courses; starter, choice of soup or pasta of day, main, dessert. Pastas were also very well prepared. If you like duck and they have the confit or the duck salad when you are there, ORDER IT. The complementary wines were quite good; they even have a nice rose (white and rose well chilled). You can get espresso or cappuccino at any time, and of course drinks from the bar.

To be honest, the weakest part of the menu was the "extra charge" items (which we were entitled to as part of the Cocobay Club promo). The seafood trio starter was boring, the seafood stew was pretty good (but small), and the steak was perfectly cooked but was not a great cut of beef. The coconut shrimp were good but there were only 6. NOTE that you can order extra dishes (we shared an extra starter one night) so don't be afraid to get more if you are still hungry.

THE BOOZE:

Probably my biggest gripe. Please don't promote your bars as "top shelf" and then have only Gordons (yuck) and New Amsterdam (a low cost brand which I don't mind). This is the one weakness at Cocobay that they should rectify. It was hard to find the top shelf options among the "Mollys" (that's Baileys to you lol). I ended up drinking Stoli Cucumber in place of my usual Hendricks. C'mon, at least offer Tanqueray guys!

THE POOLS AND BEACHES

Two beautiful infinity pools, comfortable temperature, both with killer ocean views. Not a ton of umbrellas available poolside. The staff will make sure to come by regularly and see if you need a cocktail.

As for beaches, there is one tiny beach just below reception that is very picturesque, with a small wading area, shade huts, and great views (plus a double hammock). Nice place to spend a few hours.

The main Cocobay Beach, like all Antiguan beaches, is public, so you will be joined by some locals enjoying the day. You will need to run the gauntlet of some local vendors who are trying to make a living. Lots of lounge chairs on the beach and a number of shade huts. The ocean? One of the nicest we've ever been in. Very calm, clear blue water, sandy bottom with some random coral rocks.

And if you like that beach, you MUST walk to the end of it, follow a short road, and end up at Ffyres Beach. Even more perfect; soft sand, no rocks, no seagrass anywhere. And NO PEOPLE. We were literally the only two humans there for the two times we went. Incredible.

THE STAFF

In a word, genuine. In Mexico, responses of "It's a pleasure" ring hollow. The Antiguan staff is pleasant, efficient and polite. Very few staff were over-serving in order to garner a tip, but tip you should still do. We especially enjoyed the distinctive Mr. G (Gore) who runs the dining room many nights.

THE VIBE

In a word, relaxed. We never even got a guide to the week's events (but I don't think there is much except for yoga). Live music most nights at dinner. Be sure to arrive early each night for the killer sunsets and a pre-dinner cocktail or two. If you are looking to relax, chill and unwind without foam parties and pool games, Cocobay is the place for you.

Room tip: Room 34 had a great plunge pool with lots of sun to keep it warm (and killer views)
Date of stay: May 2021
5  Thank Elitefreak

Thank you for your review Elitefreak.

We are thrilled you finally made it to us at Cocobay Resort!

We are truly happy you enjoyed the beautiful accommodation, exceptional service and great food.

It was our pleasure having you both with us and look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 1 May 2021

I’ve been to a couple of “all inclusive” resorts but Cocobay is the best one yet. The food which is 3-4 course meals are small portions but delicious, flavorful and fulfilling. I enjoyed every meal and snacks (paninis and bar bites). The pina coladas was soo good.The menu changes everyday. I stood in a deluxe cottage overlooking the beach and mountains. I loved the privacy from the balcony. The bathroom also leads you to the balcony, so it was nice taking a shower and looking at the beautiful scenery. The water pressure was strong and not so strong sometimes. The cottage has a mini fridge with club soda, water and even champagne. I didn’t drink the champagne. The water was refilled everyday with room service. The lobby has water/ice to refill water bottles. The beach was clear, blue, peaceful and clean. Not a lot of people were at the beach, which was nice. It was quiet except for a few vendors trying to sell souvenirs but they weren’t much of a bother. During the evenings, a couple of locals also swim at the beach. I went jet skiing for $50 which I recommend doing. No waves and I was able to see a nice size sea turtle. The staff at the resort was friendly and welcoming. There are hand sanitizers everywhere. I took a rapid test for $40 on a Thursday. Great resort for honeymooners and romantic getaways. I will definitely return back to Cocobay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 502sadea
Laurie Matthew, Guest Services / Front Office at Cocobay Resort Antigua - Adults Only - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review 502sadea!!

It is thrilling to learn that you enjoyed the food, beach and friendly staff .

We are so happy to share in your relaxing holiday experience and look forward to having you both with us again in the future!

We are looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

Cocobay is an understated gem on Antigua and for anyone looking for an authentic, refined first class experience this is the resort for you. The cottages are charming and the views exceptional. Sleeping in the luxurious king bed with the deck doors wide open and the mosquito net surrounding you brought a touch of the the exotic to our vacation. The service, the property and the atmosphere is calm, relaxed and welcoming. Food fantastic and cocktails served in a first class manner including glassware and aesthetics. Bedding, towel quality and appointments including wifi impressive. The setting and location could not be better. Under promised and over delivered. In the end the people attending to the guests are always the highlight and the service exceptional. We can’t wait to return to this beautiful resort and island.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 463pamelaa

Thank you for your review 463pamelaa!!

It's very heartening to hear your overall Cocobay experience was exactly what you both were looking for!

Our friendly and polite staff are looking forward to having you back as it was such a pleasure having you.