US$465
US$229
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Wild Lotus Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$169
  • Beachfront
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$508
US$423
Hotels.com
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$190
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$180
US$162
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)(Great Value!)
US$570
US$531
Bookit.com
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
2,499 results
All reviewsmr gorethe cottagescoco bayplunge poolbreakfast and lunchwaterfront suitesheer rockslower pooldeluxe cottagerum punchour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
Reviewed 28 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at Cocobay during the first week of September 2008. We loved it. The ladies at reception were great, our rooms were clean, we loved the plunge pool ! The bartender, Oriel, was fantastic - Although the other two I wasn't particularly fond of. The beach was very clean, and always had lounge chairs available to us. We loved the food - No complains there, not even for portion size (Two meals a day are buffet - How could you complain!)
There were only a couple things that bothered me - One, was the bugs. The small ones manage to get through the mosquito net around the bed, and that really bothered me. Bring lots of bug spray ! I also didn't like how the bathrooms don't have shower curtains, so the bathroom is always a soaking wet disaster except for right after they clean the rooms. There was an issue with the water the last day we were there, and they weren't able to provide us with clean towels - I recommend you bring one or two along just in case.
I also had a pedicure at the spa - The lady there was fantastic.
Highly recommended all around, just know what to expect.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChelsieK
Reviewed 25 September 2008

Absolutely loved Antigua and cocobay was gorgeous!!

The food was fantastic something different everyday good variety for lunch and breakfast buffet.

Rooms are lovely we were in room 2 with plunge pool bed was really comfy was cleaned everyday and had air conditioning!

a few little beasts flying about but as long as you have a good bug spray you'll be fine.

Staff were all really friendly spoke very good english and david the bar tender makes fab cocktails!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsjayScotland
Reviewed 23 September 2008

My girlfriend and myself went to Antigua at the end of April start of May for a Glorious 2 week stay at the Cocobay resort.
I cannot understand some the the negative reviews about Cocobay. Everything was to a very high standard.

We had a fantastic time at Cocobay and have come back totally refreshed. If anyone wants a relaxing and romantic place to stay then this is it.
The resort takes about 20 - 25 mins by taxi from the airport and call the self contained accomodation is set in a lovely well kept gardens. Lots of trees , flowers and palms. The infinity pool at the resort has the most beautiful view of the carribean.

The accomodation was cleaned daily and the fridge was handy to keep things cold.There is no telephone , tv. For us this was not an issue.But I feel that if people have specific requirements
then they should do the research before they go as it is clearly stated about the accomodation facilities provided on many websites. The beds were comfortable and everything was cleaned daily.

You had fresh towels every day both for the bathroom and towels were also provided for the beach and poolside as well.
All the staff at Cocobay were very friendly and could not do enough for you.
The food for the "Rafters" restaurant which catered for the all inclusive provided more than enough choice for us. For breakfast there was always a member if staff peparing eggs so you could
have scrambled , omlete, fried & poached also bacon beans or sausage. There was a choice of fresh pastries , toast, cereal , freah fruit , yogurt.
Lunch was choice of various pastas , salads , rices as well as a choice of meat and fish.
Evening was a 4 course a la carte menu with a choice of 3 starters , then an intermeadiate of soup , then a choice of 3 mains usually meat, fish and vegetarian. We never went hungry and I have a good appetite.
The Sheer restaurant which is also open to the public is worth a visit as well as a treat. It has a stunning overhang view of the Carribean sea.
The all inclusive bar was great as well where David made a mean cocktail.
We would definetely go again to Cocobay Resort it was exactly what we were looking for a peaceful relaxing time in the beautiful Carribean.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank danbaker007
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Cocobay was wonderful! I am missing my cabana already! My boyfriend and I had never been to the Caribbean before, and after reading some of these reviews I have to say that I was nervous! If you are - DON'T BE! The resort is clean, the people (especially the ladies at the front desk and the bartenter Oriel) are extremely kind and helpful, and the views are fantastic.

The breakfast and lunch buffets were wonderful, and I definitely ate my fill. Dinner was a bit smaller (it was plated), so make sure you eat enough during the day. The bar was always open, ready to make any kind of drink you could imagine, and there were jugs of rum punch down by the beach for your convenience.

The beach was gorgeous, and quiet - so nice without little children! There is a vendor who sets up a small booth; I got a couple braids done. She also had wraps and shirts available. Some other people would walk the beach occasionally and sell jewelry/misc. gifts, but they weren't pushy and weren't a nuisance. We had a great time sitting under the huts on the beach - we were there about every day. It was nice by the pool too, but not much of a breeze, and limited shade. Close to the bar, tho.

At dinner the air was very still, so you should be advised to dress light! Also, wear some bug spray since the bugs come out when it's cooler.

There were many couples there, and we were able to meet and befriend a few of them. There wasn't any pressure to have interaction, and if we had wanted to be secluded, that was totally possible. The couples we met were fun and lovely, and we enjoyed meeting them for dinner and drinks.

Our room was clean and cool (they have AC and a ceiling fan). I would recommend using the air and closing the door at night, as the bugs like to come join you if the doors are open! Also, beware - the birds like to steal sugar packets, and they know that they are kept on top of the fridge! So if the doors are open, be prepared for some flying visitors ;) We did have an ant "invasion" in the bathroom, but one call to the front desk and they were taken care of immediately. You can't be upset about something small like that, tho - you're staying in a hut on a tropical island!

We made two ventures off the resort. The first - the Wadadli Catamaran tour - DO THIS! It was a little pricey ($110USD) but TOTALLY worth it! The crew was fantastic, very knowledgeable and friendly. The snorkling was FANTASTIC, we saw manta rays and sea turtles. The food was excellent, too.
The second venture off the resort was to Dennis' Restaurant - you can see it atop the hill at the end of the beach. The food was decent, the drinks strong, and the chef friendly and accommodating. His adorable puppies even came out to say hello!

Overall, this was an excellent first trip to the Caribbean. I would highly recommend Cocobay Resort. I hope to some day return - perhaps on my honeymoon? It would be fitting since my boyfriend and I got engaged our first night there - on the porch of hut #36, looking over the bay, while hummingbirds danced around us.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'm more than happy to answer any questions or put any concerns to rest!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank freckles1215
Reviewed 5 September 2008

What a resort for a perfect relaxing break away from what we call the modern world. As someone has said in a previous review if you have done your homework there should be no surprises.
No-organised activites, evening entertainment, children jumping in the pool,
Yes-relaxing atmosphere, good food and drink, friendly and helpful staff, good accomodation and good nearby beaches.

I must just comment on the food which I thought was of a 1st class standard especially the evening meal.

All the guest at the time of our stay were there for a relaxing break and therefore it was easy to talk with other guests both English and other nationalities staying at the resort.

If you do your research and this is the kind of holiday that you want you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple