US$480
US$216
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Wild Lotus Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$178
US$169
  • Beachfront
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$273
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$365/night.

Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$272
US$261
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
TripAdvisor
Antigua Village(St. John's)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,503 results
All reviewsmr gorethe cottagescoco bayplunge poolbreakfast and lunchwaterfront suitesheer rockslower pooldeluxe cottagerum punchour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
Reviewed 8 December 2012

As we visited this hotel on the second leg of our journey I'm afraid I cannot help but compare it to the first hotel, which may be a little unfair but please read my review and you'll understand why.

We arrived after a short flight from St Lucia where we spent our first week. The reception staff seemed a little surprised when we arrived and even the Virgin rep thought we were checking out! We were told that our room wasn't ready (we were staying in one of the seafront cottages - No. 9). The girl behind reception explained that we could leave our suitcases and go and have a swim whilst our room was being prepared which we did not want to do. As we had been up early to catch the flight to Antigua we missed breakfast so I asked if we could something to eat and the hotel manager said if we hurried we may be able to catch breakfast. We were not greeted with a cool towel or a drink and were kind of left to our own devices until our room was ready. This was not the sort of greeting I expected after reading the reviews on this hotel. We caught breakfast and then hung around the bar and reception area until our room was ready. We had no orientation of the hotel so had to work our for ourselves where everything was and how it worked.

I cannot disagree with the comments about the views. They are spectacular. The cottage itself however didn't live up to my expectations. Each day I discovered something not quite right about the cottage. The bathroom door didn't shut - you have to wedge the bin behind it. The shutters were broken on one side of the patio doors. The water didn't drain away from one of the sinks as the waste water pop up was broken. One morning I used one of the dressing gowns until my partner pointed out that it had some dubious stains on the back which I quickly removed and handed to the guy who collects the dirty towels. I was led to believe this cottage would be private but you are overlooked by cottages number 7 and 8.
One night after dinner I asked for some water to take back to the room and we were told we had to pay for it??!! I booked this as an all inclusive break - surely water is one of the basic necessities to have in a room when you are visiting a hot country?
I understand that if you booked the room directly with the hotel you got a mini bar included in the room but if you didn't then you went without. Surely my money is a good as anyone elses especially when I am paying these kind of prices. Wifi is not included in these prices. US15 for 24 hours or US60 for 1 week and then we noticed other guests commenting that the connection wasn't that good.
The breakfast buffet is quite limited. There is a four course meal in the evening which you have to book your time slot for in the morning. There are 3 or 4 free choices on the menu for starters and the main but the others that are listed you have to pay extra for (around US$24.95 for a main meal such as steak). I understand though that they are building a pizzeria down by the pool bar where you don't have to dress up but I don't know when and if this will happen.
The 2 pools are lovely and have great views and there is plenty of seating area and sunbeds to choose from.
The grounds are sprayed a couple of times with some sort of bug treatment which doesn't smell good but I guess cannot be harmful to humans otherwise they wouldn't do it.
The staff are lovely but we would like to mention a few by name - Kenroy, Kerry and Vincia were very friendly and helpful.
If you need to get a taxi anywhere you could give Benji a call on 784 3052 or e-mail in advance on boskittra@hotmail.com. He was very helpful and knowledgeable.
The catamaran (The Excellence) trip was great where you circumnavigate the island and have as much free rum punch as you want - but be careful - it is potent!!
It can be easy to overlook the shortcomings of this hotel due to the location and stunning views which are second to none.
Would we return to this hotel? No.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GoodAunty
CocobayGM, General Manager at Cocobay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent Cocobay experience. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our utmost priority has always been personal guest satisfaction but somehow we seemed to have disappointed you. Your constructive criticisms are crucial to our quest for total guest satisfaction.

We however hope that you would reconsider and plan to visit us again sometime in the future.

Respectfully,

O'Neal
Resort Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed at Cocobay starting on Thanksgiving for 7 days. Can't say enough. The resort was beautiful with exceptional views. Our cottage had a plunge pool, a tub on the porch, a hammock, adirondack chairs, and a lounging couch. No need to even be indoors if it weren't for the big cushy bed surrounded by a mosquito net with views of the island right from the glass sliders at the foot of the bed. It truly felt as though we were renting a house on the island. The staff made us feel at home right from the start. The meals were varied and all good as well as the drinks. Although the pools were great, we chose to spend our time on the beach. The beaches were clean and the water clear, warm and for the most part smooth as glass. Countless romantic touches to the room and other parts of our visit provided often. Special thanks to O'Neal for his attention to detail. O'Neal you helped to make this one of the most romantic trips ever! If you are looking for a place that has parties and events planned every day and every night, this is not the place for you. If you are looking to spend some romantic down time with someone special......book it now! There are plenty of things to do on the island if you want to leave the resort for awhile. The island is beautiful and the people friendly. If considering booking a trip here, I would strongly suggest booking it yourself online. It is safe and the resort is very helpful. Trust me, there are many benefits to this. Skip the travel agent. You will not be disappointed at the way the resort shows their appreciation. We will be returning to Cocobay.

2  Thank Glen G
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my first visit to Antigua and I absolutely LOVED it. My brother and his now wife chose Cocobay for their wedding and so we all went as a family. From arrival it felt really special - the cool towel and punch certainly helped after a long, hot flight!!
The rooms were lovely although my brother and his wife, and her parents, both had much better rooms than us, with stunning views - probably something to do with their wedding. This didn't matter - we didn't spend much time in our room. We lived by the new infinity pool all day, until we'd watched the sunset, with many drinks from the bar. The views are just spectacular and the beach is a step away for those that want to go in the sea.
Every employee at the hotel was a pleasure - special thanks go to Kenroy who livened up our evenings! We had a great time at the O'Neill's Manager's cocktail party (where my mum won a necklace in the prize draw!!) and the food was delicious every evening. They have a restaurant not included in the all inclusive but we never went there, the food was so good in the main restaurant!!
It was our first trip and I really hope it won't be the last - we loved the island and we loved Cocobay! Next time we're upgrading for a seafront cottage with a plunge pool!

Room Tip: If you want A/C, make sure you specify on booking.
4  Thank kes1981
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in November and had a wonderful time. The views, it has to be said, cannot be beat - the water and beaches are the best on this side of the island and one of the highlights of our week away was enjoying the beach and sunset views from the infinity pools!

The rooms are fairly basic, but well done - cosy little cottages with large bathrooms and comfy beds. We had a seaview room and felt very lucky!

The food was good. Breakfasts were probably the highlight for me (lots of fresh fruit and an omelette bar) and lunch was also great. Dinner was good, though I was slightly perturbed that we were at an "all inclusive" resort at which half the dinner main courses came at an extra cost of $25 USD. On that note, water isn't free either. They'll put a small bottle in you room (though it'll be frozen), so be sure to hang on to this and get it refilled at the bar otherwise you need to pay for it...again, didn't love that as it's not particularly "all inclusive" to have to pay for water.

The drinks and barstaff were lovely - very funny, friendly and they make a mean cocktail! The frozen cocobay punch was particularly good.

Perfect view of the sunset from the lower pool...don't miss it!

Overall would definitely recommend this. The positives far outweighted the negatives (just the meal and water costs), which had a negligable impact on our enjoyment. I would definitely recommend it and definitely return

Room Tip: Ocean view room was lovely, though the best view is from the lower pool at sunset
2  Thank LaurelG15
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was our first time in the Caribbean, and we chose well. Cocobay is a very friendly resort, and as it is small you feel part of the family. Our room was a Seaview, and well appointed, however it only had one chair in the room, and it was difficult to sit out on the balcony in the late afternoon and evening as the insects were about. I do think another armchair could be provided ..... the room is certainly big enough. Apart from that negative everything else was superb. Food was plentiful, imaginative, and varied, and I think the chef did a good job bringing variety to a small, but perfectly formed, menu. The staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much trouble, exactly as it should be ..... thank you all.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple