Anja Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Duong Dong
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Location: a beach front resort and is around 5 km from Duong Dong Center (abot 10 mintutes by taxi/20 by

The resort offers free bicycles, including 02 for kids. Pool is clean and quite small but the kids like it. Given the price, breakfast is fine. We stayed in Bungalo room, not so spacious but clean. the toilet is large and there is a private outdoor bathroom.

But lots of mosquitos in my room is a Big problem. The hotel really needs to address this problem to protect guesses from mosquitos.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We unfortunately stayed only 4 nights. Everything was perfect! All staff were ALWAYS smiley, friendly and helpful. When we arrived, they managed to check us in little bit earlier and on top of it they upgraded our room. I loved the big specious room with super comfortable bed and terrace with rocking chairs. Pool and beach were very nice. You can also rent a bike for free. What I really appreciated, was , when the receptionist took a map ( during check-in) and showed us, where are the good places to eat, what to visit... etc! I really wish we would stay just bit longer. It is great place to relax also with good massages. I will definitaly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. And hopefully come back :) Keep going .. you are doing absolutely great job!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Room description is 45 m2, once we saw the room we thought they made mistake and gave us much smaller one. Reception explain to us that actually 45 m2 is including the terrace which belongs to the room but its not private! Therefore room itself is way much smaller... :( After we checked out we realized that we forgot ipad and panthenol spray at the room. Housekeeping was already cleaning the room and said that they didn’t find anything... So we stayed at the beach till evening assuming we probably packed it in big suitcases. We ask reception in the morning, if they find it, to leave it for us on reception, but nothing was found... At the evening we moved to other hotel and once we unpacked, we found out that we must left those things at the hotel. So we called them and asked them but they said no, nothing has been found... We kept pressuring and saying that we are still in near by area and we didn’t left Phu Quoc as they probably hoped... So receptionist said she will checked and we should call back. We called and she told us that they found ipad (no cosmetics) under the bed! and housekeeping has it, so we can come and pick it up next morning. We couldn’t locate ipad anymore so we decide to pick it up immediately, not waiting till morning and we found out the reason why to come not that evening but morning. Housekeeper took it home! So we had to wait till she will bring it, obviously ipad was already off. So .... mistake or stealing?

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Anja B, General Manager at Anja Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Jarka M,
Thank you for choosing Anja Beach Resort & Spa for your recent stay in Phu Quoc island
Regarding to the room size, yes, our standard room size is 45sqm included balcony (inside the room is 40sqm, the balcony which belong to the room is 5sqm) and all the balcony are setup chair and table to serve our guest. I trust that every resorts on over the world they have the same way setting room size with us except the hotel which has different concept.
I am so sorry to hear that everything regarding to your Ipad was misunderstood from your side. At the time you checked-out we noted that your Ipad was missing and asked Housekeeping staffs to recheck again around in your room but my staffs still didn't found that, until around 1pm my housekeeping staffs came to clean your room and the Ipad was dropped down from the head of the bed, they then informed to reception immediately and according to resort procedure the lost and found things will be kept in store and waiting for the next step to work with guest... However, I am really sorry that there was a big mistake from my staffs between front office and housekeeping as after received information one of my reception staffs (new comer staff) did make a mistake that not transfer information to front office team who will incharge the second shift from 02pm. In the evening, after recheck again with all team, my reception staff call and inform you again about the status of your Ipad and asked you to come back to collect it in the morning just because of housekeeping staffs has no password to open the lost & found store. But when you inform to come back and collect the Ipad right in the evening instead of morning, my staffs had to ask password from Housekeeping Manager to open it. That was the reason why lead you misunderstood about everything.
I am indeed apology you for this and make sure that it will not happen again in the future. By the way, I would like to telling you that there are many times my staffs found the lost things of guests such as: diamond wedding ring at the pool, necklace pearl in the room ...all of them had been sent back to our guests.
I hope that everything explained here made you think different about us. From the entire team we wish you all the best on your future travels.
Kind regards,
Thuong Nguyen

Reviewed 14 January 2018

I am so glad that I choose this resort, couldn't choose better place.Fantastic! location is very good,short drive from the airport in a complimentary luxury minivan from the resort. We had room right in front of the pool, amazing view , amazing location. The only "problem" of having grand floor room - we couldn't leave the door/window open at night. Very tasty breakfast. Extremely polite staff, helpful and dedicated. The place is beautiful! What I didn't like is the next door hotel,ugly - high building. The beach is quite dirty but it was worse closer the city. If we come back to Phu Quoc we will definitely stay in Anja Resort. I am in love ;-)

Room Tip: I would choose room in front of the pool/sea -fantastic!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JolaZT
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were nervous to book this since the low number of reviews, but so glad that we did. Do yourself a favor and get the beach front room - we did not come across another resort that offered this kind of proximity to the water. The sounds of waves crashing could be heard at night and the amazing sunsets you come to see in Phu Quoc were right off our balcony. The only negative in the design is that you share a balcony with another guest - in our case, a smoker, which was not ideal. The room was spacious and clean, and furnished tastefully.

It seems the staff/service may still be ironing out the rest, which is why I cannot rate this as high as I would like. We reported an issue with our tv not working properly, which was never resolved in 5 nights (we were on the beach so not a huge deal), and the beach bar was constantly out of basics, such as certain types of beer and one day, bottled water! The breakfast was fine, but we had dinner there which was not good. Luckily, there are plenty of places nearby for drinks and food, which is why I would visit this location again. Hopefully, they will improve this which would really rank them as a top choice for me.

We also visited the spa on the beach and had one of the best massages of our trip. It costs more than the ladies on the beach, but worth it!

Room Tip: Beach-front villa is the best
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
0.1 km away
Amarin Resort & Spa
Amarin Resort & Spa
#24 of 49 in Duong Dong

Been to Anja Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!