“Terrible service”

Bar & Restaurant Magdalena Zai
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Central European
Description: GrandCastle's Bar and Restaurant - Magdalena Zai The castle Restaurant Magdalena Zai invites guests to enjoy the fresh culinary arts menu, or simply relax by the fireplace with a glass of wine from its extensive collection. Restaurant with bar and adjoining lounge is a suitable place for social gatherings or meetings. Garden view seating on the garden terrace is provided during the summer season.
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch, were completely ignored by the sweating waiter, so left.
It's not hard to say 'please give me a minute' or 'sorry we're busy'. Just basic good manners.
The place is a joke.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I have been eating couple of times here and was more or less but satisfied.
This time not!
The bad service spoiled our lunch here.
First, the unexperienced waitress brought us prosseco, which was totally old, with no bubbles inside. When we claimed it, she just smiled, did nothing.
OK, we try to get second chance and order another glass, asking to open new bottle.
Well, the prosseco was sparkling, but warm (literally). And again, just stupid smile when we claimed it. No words...
Food was OK, but nothing special, nothing to remember.
According my previous stays here, I can recommend the restaurant, but I hope, that this failure was just accidental.

1  Thank jojosr
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We absolutely loved the food and drinks at this restaurant. Every dish we had was very tasty.I loved the tomato soup but also the cream soup was good.We tried several meals,I cannot name all of them as they were all tasty.
Together with food,there is a very wide range of drinks available.We tried several wines,we liked Slovak the best (especially Devin). I cannot forget about the best beer in the country Erb which is available here.
I have to mention the great service we got here.Even some of the best restaurant in the capital city do not offer such great, skilled and professional service as this restaurant!

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

We went to this restaurant, based on the previous excellent reviews, with high expectations. And that was our biggest problem. Place itself is very nice (even though I haven't felt welcomed at all) and has great potential. Food is good. Average starter (ostepok - not warm enough, nothing special - just cheese & tomato), very good soups and good main course (fish & risotto). Nothing surprising, nothing that you'd remember, but ok. Service was again average at best (slow, I had to ask for additional glass for drink, we gave up on deserts as noone cared that we'd like to order, card payment only on bar...). For place that is trying to be fancy I'd expect something different...

Long story short - good chef, average service, nice place. Prices currently does not correspond with the experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Miesto s neopakovateľnou atmosférou a dobrou kuchyňou. Pani majiteľka väčšinou v zariadení, takže prípadné nedostatky sú okamžite odstránené. Nádherné okolie a malý park.

Unique place with good kitchen. Owner of a castle almost always there, to solce all kind of your problems. Great surroundings and small park.