3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$583
PricelineUS$585
ZenHotels.comUS$590
1,485 results
All reviews afternoon tea butler service palm terrace ocean front sandy lane beachfront suite water sports beach club the ground floor the cliff concierge desk direct access to the beach beautiful beach rum punch large balcony laid back nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2021

The Fairmont is a beautiful hotel in a perfect setting on St James beach. We arrived after staying at The House hotel with our negative results from our second covid test which is just as well because people were quite rightly restricted to their rooms & balconies while awaiting their test & results at the Fairmont. Security guards were on every floor to make sure the isolating guests stayed in their rooms. Before we arrived I made contact with Jason Young at Front Desk who arranged fast track arrival at the airport for us and copied me in on the email he sent to the company at the airport who arranged this, which was just as well because they didn’t have us on the list. They were happy to oblige when I gave them a copy of the email. There was a really nice bottle of wine in our room thanks to Jason as I mentioned it was my husband’s 60th birthday the day we arrived. Jason is the most efficient member of staff at the hotel who I interacted with, and such a nice person.

The rooms are very nice with a large balcony, I think we also got an upgrade because we were on the top floor. The hotel looks bigger than it is because it is on a large plot and spread out so it feels spacious.

The food quality is high class but the service so slow. Breakfast would take an hour and a half, we would wait an hour after ordering before the food would arrive. This was definitely an issue experienced by all the guests. I mentioned it to the general manager who was aware of the problem. They must have been understaffed in the kitchen but they need to get this right for the type of hotel this is. We had better service at other hotels we stayed at in Barbados during this period. We had lunch at the hotel the first day we arrived and they got my order wrong so I had to wait for my meal to be cooked again. We decided to extend our holiday so I spoke to the manager and asked if he could give us a price to stay 5 nights more. He said they had availability but we would have to book with British Airways as our original booking was with them. There was no availability with British Airways online which I mentioned the next day. He told us to call them which we did and they said they had no availability. We passed this information onto the manager and he said he would release rooms to them but this didn’t happen. It was at this point we decided to stay somewhere else. Such a shame it didn’t make sense but we got fed up trying. They gave us a complimentary taxi to the hotel we moved onto which was a nice touch.

We did enjoy our stay at the hotel, the position is fantastic and the hotel itself very classy but we were very disappointed with the service.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank waxyLondon
Daimon Nurse, Marketing at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Dear waxyLondon,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion. While I am happy you enjoyed your overall vacation with us and the beautiful beach and hotel, I do apologize for the less than perfect service. Your feedback on the service has been noted by our management team who will ensure this does occur again for you on your next visit with us or any other guest. Feedback such as yours allows our hotel to improve upon the service we provide to each of our guests to ensure we maintain our luxury 5 star service.

Digital Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

Myself and my family are no strangers to Fairmont Hotels. I’ve been fortunate to experience many of the finest Fairmont hotels around the world.

The Fairmont Royal Pavillon’s biggest strength is its serene location, right on the beach. The beachfront is pristine in its presentation. The water is unbelievably clear, with no coral or rocks to hurt your feet.

Visiting during the COVID-19 pandemic was a unique experience, as the hotel and beachfront was incredible quiet - almost too quiet.

All of the rooms at the Fairmont are beachfront except for a few villas. If you are on the bottom floor, you can walk right out to the beach.

There aren’t too many rooms at this hotel, so it makes it all a lot more private which is quite nice.

The pool at the hotel is beautiful. The hot tub heater broke down on my second to last night at the hotel which was annoying but not the end of the world. The staff were extremely attentive to fixing it.

The staff at the hotel were very accommodating. We had a second hotel booked after the Fairmont, and comparing the service, we really liked the demeanor of the staff at the Fairmont.

The food at the hotel was very nice. However, the food prices were very high. We were fortunate to get a breakfast-included promotion which saved us literally an arm and a leg.

The gym at the hotel was small but perfect. The Precor multi-function weight rack was perfect for my needs. They have dumbbells that go up to 50lbs as is standard for most small hotel gyms. There also was treadmills and a spin bike.

The Director of Rooms at the hotel Pauline Suryana is amazing. Very nice lady, as are all the staff.

Pros:
- Unreal location on the beach
- Good service
- Very nice rooms
- The gardens are beautiful
- Quality food

Cons:
- Isolated from town, hard to order in food or get groceries
- Food is extremely expensive

My rating for this hotel is 9.5/10. My favorite hotel chain is Fairmont by far, and this location is in my top three Fairmonts.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank camthecritic
Daimon Nurse, Marketing at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Dear sobercritic,

Thank you for such an amazing and thorough review of our hotel. You have certainly touched on some of the aspects that make our hotel so special. From a great location, to amazing food and rooms, we thrive to provide the best luxury Island experience in Barbados. Our hotel is located only 3 minutes drive away from the historic and popular Holetown and your feedback on the food prices has also been noted by our management team.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and we hope to see you soon again!

Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion for 10 nights in December 2020 and loved it. We ended up getting our Covid tests at the hotel and quarantined here for 2 days. After that we enjoyed the resort including the beautiful grounds, pool, beach club , and restaurants. We absolutely fell in love with the beach in front of the property. I have travelled around the world and this is the best beach hotel we have stayed at! Make sure you also take the garden tour at the hotel. Our tour guide was an actual gardener ( Grafton) who took great pride showing us the lush grounds. Some 5 star hotels will bring outside staff into run a resort. This is not the case with the FRP. All the staff are local Bajans and their pride in the resort and Island are evident . Well done management for providing a truly 5 star destination with a local flavour. Other highlights of our stay: Hunte Gardens,Bathsheba Beach, El Tigre Catamaran and Turtle swim ,Island Tour with Tervette Tours, dinner at Fish pot.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Daimon Nurse, Marketing at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

Hi travel4free,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Reviews such as yours serve as motivation to our team to continue providing excellent service to our guests. I am glad you were able to enjoy resort facilities and beautiful gardens. Grafton is truly one of the stars at the hotel!

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Digital Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2020

Barbados is requiring a negative Covid test after arrival, so we booked a few nights at the Fairmont since they offered the test at the hotel. It was the best decision we made! The hotel room is very comfortable. We could sit on the balcony and enjoy the weather. What makes this hotel the best is the staff. A huge shout out to Pauline who was so patient with us as we were waiting on our test results. She and the staff answered all of our questions and made sure we were comfortable. When we were able to leave the room, the beach is perfectly sandy. The water is blue and swimming perfect. The Fairmont is a beautiful hotel on one of the best beaches in Barbados. The staff is top notch. It's definitely the hotel to stay at in Barbados!

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank djcook_12
Daimon Nurse, Marketing at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2020

Hi djcook_12,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us in paradise! I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team and I know Pauline and all of us at Fairmont Royal Pavilion wish to see you soon again.

Regards

Reviewed 7 October 2020

I spent two amazing nights at this excellent hotel pre-covid and boy was I impressed. I was upgraded to a Signature Ocean Front due to my Platinum Accor Status. This room was top floor and had excellent views of the beach. Well appointed and also had a Nespresso machine which made me VERY happy. Butler service also included where evening canapés are delivered to the room was a great touch.

The included breakfast buffet was excellent with tons of choices for everyone and right on the beach as well. Pools clean and very relaxing surroundings. I really can't fault anything about this property. The 30 odd photos I've attached will hopefully do it justice. I would also mention the Fairmont has the best beach of any West Coast hotel in Barbados. Absolutely flawless and makes for perfect sunsets. Make this your hotel of choice in Barbados!

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank BGIWorldTraveller
Daimon Nurse, Marketing at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Dear BGIWorldTraveller,

Thank you so much for your kind words and rating. At Fairmont Royal Pavilion we thrive to provide our guests with the ultimate Caribbean experience and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you soon again sipping on a Nespresso espresso enjoying the ocean views from your signature room!