Lowest prices for your stay
Fairmont
PricelineUS$834
FindHotelUS$669
Hotels.comUS$669
1,480 results
All reviews afternoon tea butler service palm terrace ocean front sandy lane beachfront suite water sports beach club the ground floor the cliff concierge desk direct access to the beach beautiful beach rum punch large balcony laid back nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

One of best decisions I’ve made was to book the Fairmont Royal Pavillion In Barbados for my vacation/birthday celebration.
Everything about this beautiful property was done in excellence! Being in the airline industry, I travel extensively, both for business as well as pleasure. I’ve stayed at many luxury hotels/resorts in many countries and very few have exceeded my expectations the way Fairmont has!
The property is absolutely beautiful, very clean, and well maintained. But the visuals don’t hold a candle to the superb service! The staff was nothing short of amazing! Once setting foot on the property, we were greeted by the front desk manager, Michael. From his welcoming smile and warm interaction with us, (and a wickedly delicious rum punch), I knew we were in for something special! His professional, friendly and accommodating demeanor was delivered throughout our entire stay. He set the tone and this was standard behavior for every staff member we encountered. From the grounds persons with a morning “hello” to the dining personnel having your “standing order” ready and adhering to your dietary restrictions, (thank you Lynette!), it was all done with our pleasure in mind.
Not only did the staff represent beautiful Barbados and, specifically, Fairmont Royal Pavillion well, but they did it with a personal touch (remembering the guests and addressing us by name!). Most importantly this outstanding service was handed out consistently!
Because of the overall outstanding service, I’m hesitant to single out names but there some that just made me feel extra special. In addition to Michael from the front desk, Charlene, with her infectious smile and concern for the guests was a complete joy! Jason was also extremely helpful.
From the water sports department, Ryan and Kailu were the BEST!!! They took us snorkeling and were so friendly, humorous and PATIENT!! If you have the opportunity, you must go see them.
There were too many “special moments” to mention here but, I will say, to have Michael and Charlene bid farewell to us on the last day with warm hugs rates among the highest! Thank you all for a magical vacation!
I came in as a guest, I left as family. And, as with all family, we will return to the paradise that is Fairmont.

Jackie

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackie b
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at Fairmont Royal Pavilion. Staff are extraordinary (make you feel like you're the most important person in the world). The property itself is gorgeous. And the food was good. We all didn't want to leave. Thank you Mgr Michael for making sure all of our needs were met!

Room tip: They're all good! (That said, higher floors are more private - have less foot traffic.)
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Spending 4 days at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion was a treat! we loved it! The staff, ambience, our suite, proximity to the beach, breakfasts, dinners and courtesy and customer service were all OUTSTANDING. My partner and I had a lovely time, and the concierge went out of their way to help us plan lovely visits to other restaurants. One of the highlights was the visit to the restored Synagogue and Museum (bySir Paul Altman) where we experienced a wonderful tour from the lovely Chantal.

Sadly, we spent Sunday Brunch at the 'revered' Sandy Lane hotel where we experienced the complete opposite. The management from the CEO down to the Hotel Manager, Restaurant Manager, and General Manager, did NOT deliver a superb customer experience at all. Briefly, 7 of us made a reservation for the Sunday Brunch this past July. My partner and I arrived a little early...we were NOT allowed to sit at the Porch Bar for a drink 10 minutes before lunch. We were rudely told it was for 'residents only'.... Except there wasn't a single resident waiting to be seated at the bar. Had we not been waiting for the 5 other guests we would have left. We had brunch (which was good) and after brunch we had to leave to fly back and were rudely accosted at the front desk to say that our credit card had not gone through...despite having had the actual receipt. When we left, my 5 friends then went for a walk on the beach and were also accosted by a staff lackey who told them that they were NOT ALLOWED on the beach either (Residents only) and accused them of taking pictures of residents on the beach. NOTE: My friends are very upscale British people, one is a professor, and they are not 'paparazzi'. After complaining to the hotel management we received a (not so nice) email from the CEO Mr Dermott Desmond.

Suffice it to say 7 of us will never visit Sandy Lane Hotel, although we will be thrilled to go back to Fairmont RoyalPavilion.

Here is the lame response from Mr Desmond.

Dear Mr F,, Ms P, & Professor M

I am writing to you following your recent correspondence with Sandy Lane’s General Manager Randall Wilkie, and Hotel Manager James Matthews, who have brought this directly to my attention.

I was disappointed to learn of your unfortunate disgruntlement with our Resident’s Beach Bar policy.

As I believe has been indicated already, this policy has been in place since the hotel’s inception, in order to provide our Resident Guests with a private beach bar facility for them to use exclusively. The Monkey Bar, however, is available to both Residents and Non-Residents alike.

It is my understanding that the communication of this policy was not to your liking on arrival to Bajan Blue, however, the hotel staff do adhere to it without exception, unless otherwise guided by myself.

I have been informed that you sadly no longer wish to visit Sandy Lane again in the future. It is my hope that, in time, you may hopefully reconsider this standpoint.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Dermot Desmond
Chairman

Room tip: Ocean facing view is a must
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue P
DaimonN, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

Dear Sue P,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to read our staff provided you with excellent service and made your stay in Barbados memorable. Our staff take sheer joy in delighting our guests and I am glad you enjoyed it. We really hope to see you soon again, our beach is calling you!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I was visiting this resort for our vacation and to celebrate a birthday. Mr. Patrice made wonderful arrangements and decorated our room with petals , balloons and cake. I was very pleased. We stayed at beachfront junior suite. Has a beautiful view of the beach . Water was crystal clear. Butlers were very friendly, i lovvvved Ms. Dawn. She was extremely sweet and helpful. She helped arranged a hair stylist to come to our room and braid my hair. Then Ms. Dawn even helped me unbraid my hair few days later before our departure. Only complain was , too many sales people right infront of our trying to sell their products. One of them was a masseurs and was rude to us . They were stopping by everyday almost asking us to buy something.
I do have one suggestion for the resort that if you ever renovate then should think about giving a little more space between the rooms. Room and outside deck was too close and no privacy at all . Other than that, we loved our stay.
We also visited the mall in holetown. Beautiful shops and alot of nice restaurants to try nearby the resort

Room tip: Beachfront Junior Suite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear mehryne,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to read you enjoyed your time with us. Dawn is certainly one of our superstar colleagues and a true delight! Your comments on the sales persons has also been noted and our leadership team will be sure to review. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to delight you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Tides, Lone Star and Fusion restaurants worth a visit but don't bother with The Fishpot - (small menu and all food sweetened, even the few veg). The hotel effectively only has 1 restaurant for Lunch and Dinner Taboras (the Beach Bar being a bit scruffy and just a selection of dishes off the Taboras menu - nothing new) and the other restaurant just used for Breakfast. Good breakfast buffet though service random. Easy walk into town (save the 60 Baysian dollar).

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Dear jam2928,

Thank you for reviewing our resort. We do a have a very central location to many wonderful restaurants on the West Coast – just one of the reasons why our guests love us. Your feedback on our restaurants will also be sent to our leadership team as we constantly thrive to improve. We hope to see you again for an enhanced experience.