“Superb Roti”

Indian Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Ok, I do love Roti. Back home in Toronto we have many outstanding Roti places so I knew I would be a tough judge! First of all let me say my wife does not like spicy foods. Heck, she finds water spicy. I don't know what convinced her to try a Roti (possibly my good looks), but try she did. We both had the boneless chicken Roti. I asked for extra spice and my wife asked for no spice. The cook complied and my wife had no spice but lots of curry flavour. The Roti was moist, fall off the bone chicken and a superb curry taste. I don't think there was any potatoes so that kept the calories down.. I asked for spicy and was not disappointed. The cost was $29.90 Barbados dollars or $15 US. Simply said this was the best Roti so far. Indian Grill is a small place within 5-10 minute walk from the Hilton or the Raddison. Getting back will take longer as you will be so full. Please note this restaurant closes at 4:00pm so don't miss out!

Cheers

Greg McKenna
Toronto Canada

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank Gmckenna
IndianGrill, Public Relations Manager at Indian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks for the great review, Gmckenna! We are glad that you found our roti superb! Hope you have a great trip back to Canada and visit us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Excellent roti (had the roti with shrimp and potato) Flavorful shrimp. The roti was light and fresh. Prices were reasonable. No inside seating, only outside on tables that were covered with umbrellas. Adjacent to the main road so a little noisy, but kind of fun seeing the locals in their cars. the roti was large and filling. It said "curry in a hurry", but it really wasn't too quick. Overall, an excellent place for lunch.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My Guyanese mom makes better dhal puri but, in a pinch, this was an excellent meal for cheap. At this shop, you can choose your curry or stewed veg filling, with sauces or without, wrapped up in a Dhal puri (roti) like a burrito. I was so pleased with the authentic Caribbean curry flavors and the delicious stewed veggie options. Was it comparable to home cooked food? In my opinion, yes. Was this a worthwhile stop on holiday? ABSOLUTELY

1  Thank Marion F
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Of looking for some good Rotis in Barbados, Indian Grill is for sire a good option. The place looks very clean and the food is delicious. The restaurant does not have "Indoor" seats available, so you will have your Roti outside, but is worth it! I had the Shrimp Only Roti with Pepper and Tamarind sauce... it was delish!!! Take some time and have a Roti at Indian Grill Barbados!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We got one all chicken roti and one all lamb roti. Both were delicious and the price was fair. My wife and mother-in-law are Guyanese and make roti themselves, so if they approve you know it's good! :)