i have visited mombasa several times and have stayed in quite a number of hotels in the northcoast and in ukunda , i have heard quite alot abt it and since it s one of the most expensive hotels in the north coast.. i decided to give it a try this yr!
i was disapoointed from the minute i checked in! never have i received such a rude welcome! the staff is very snobbish and acted as tho i din belong there.
the welcome drink was only served after we had paid for our room something tht has never happened in any other hotel)
the room , no doubt is very nice and the bathroom is well done. but thts abt it
the swimmin pool is small and does not justify the price u pay
and it was dirty
we had a 2 yr old kid with us and of course everyone was unhappy abt the noise he was makin.. so if u ve kids this hotel is a definite no no.
the beach is a short beach .. if u like to relax on the sand .. this beach is nt it
tho we were disapoointed with the pool and the beach we tried to cheer up thinkin abt dinner..
we wre very shocked wen we realised it was not buffet dinner!
wts more.. the food tkes forever to come and since u are very hungry u fill up on salads
by the time my meal came i was too full!
bfast was also disappointin.
the cooks are very unfriendly and if u go for 2nds/ 3rd rounds a feelin of uneasiness develops! i suggest if u goin on holiday to eat amazin food and not worry abt calories.. this is not the place to go to
we had booked for four nights but we checked out after the 2nd nyt.
wish we had checekd out after the first nyt itself
oh and another party(2 ladies) also checked out from serena and we saw thm at the other hotel we shifted too... i guess its not only us who realised there was alot missin in serena
if u are travellin to msa to enjoy the beach and swim and eat! think twice abt serena
if u like bein alone.. then yes this is the place to go to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the shimmering sands and waters of the Indian Ocean stretching before it, amidst verdant, bougainvillea-filled gardens, and shaded by gently swaying palm trees,Serena Beach Resort and Spa offers the ultimate tropical paradise. Treat your palate to a superb selection of of a la carte seafood dishes at the Jahazi Grill which is set on a beach and styled to resemble an Arab dhow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Beach Hotel Shanzu
- Serena Beach Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Serena Beach
- Serena Beach Resort & Spa Kenya/Shanzu