“Hotel Lastiry”

Hotel Lastiry
Hotel Lastiry
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Sare
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I wasn't quite sure how to title this because overall I was disappointed, although I don't want to slam the hotel. It is in a very cute old building and sports a charming restaurant on the towns main street. We had a nice welcome. I was very excited to stay here as I found it listed on Karen Brown's site and have had luck with her recommendations. We went a little out of our budget but I was willing to do that for the charming rooms some people have described here. When we arrived I was led to the handicapped room (we are not handicapped and didn't request) built in a new part of the building. While totally fine, I could have been in a holiday inn. I was paying the same as those staying in charming rooms and mine was charmless, therefore I felt a bit cheated. There was no indication when I booked that this would be the case. However, to be fair, I didn't complain when I was there, and in other regards it was very pretty. Just not the experience I had hoped for. And the internet was very spotty.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel soaking wet with no reservation. We were warmly welcomed and given a large beautiful spotless room for the night. The hosts were very accommodating and one receptionist spoke English. The breakfast was generous and we left very impressed with our impromptu stop in Sare.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2015

We stayed at the Hotel Lastiry for one night. We had a beautiful spaceous room in a charming old building. We ate a 3 course dinner in the restaurant in the evening, excellent food and great service. Sare is a nice little town and we really enjoyed our short stay here.

The wi-fi in the room was a bit unstable, but no problem for us.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2015

We had a confirmed booking for Hotel Lastiry arriving Wednesday 29 April.staying for 2 nights.When we arrived at the advised time of 2pm the hotel was shut and there was no one there.There was a sign on the restaurant window stating it was closed Mondays and Wednesdays. We asked the very helpful young lady at the Tourism Office about the hotel and showed her our booking confirmation. She tried to phone the hotel but could not contact anyone. Neither could the lady at the Post office or the lady at the souvenir shop. However the souvenir shop lady took us up to the hotel again where she spoke to a man whom we found out was the boss. We showed him our booking confirmation and he just said "ferme en Mardi & Mercredi' and walked away.It was 5 oclock at this time so we had wasted the whole afternoon and had no where to stay. We found a B&B and with the help of the helpful young lady at the tourist office we managed to make a booking there for the night.We have never experienced such disgusting behaviour on any of many travels around the world. Beware if you plan to be in Sare on a Monday or a Wednesday and are looking to stay at this difficult hotel.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank therese1404
Reviewed 18 November 2014

I stayed in Sare 3 nights and could not have been happier. Although none of the rooms have a view, they are large and very clean, well appointed. Staff was VERY nice. The restaurant downstairs serves delicious food, and the choices are so varied everyone will find something good to eat. The foie gras was some of the best I have ever had. Breakfast was included in the room, and was bountiful. Not too much happens in Sare at night, it is a VERY small town so be prepared to turn in. The wifi was quite spotty and they could improve that with a better router system, but all in all I loved it.

Room Tip: wifi bad in the back rooms...check and make sure you can get connected if it's important to you.