1,065 results
All reviews steam room six senses private pool free ice cream sea view villa tropical villa phang nga bay main island executive chef grand marina bathroom area ao po marina grill restaurant main pool guest experience manager small island outdoor shower
Reviewed 13 September 2018

It's an okay hotel but not really "luxury" or worth big bucks... I'm here for a company meeting and while the meeting went well, the other aspects of the service or resort features were mediocre. It's not terrible but not great either. On a scale of 1-10, I rate this a 3/10.

Arrival experience - almost good. Management greeted us and made us feel welcome. Cold towels, welcome drink, banging the gong, all good until we come to the baggage. The bags took so long to be delivered into the room, I almost had to go into my meeting smelling like sweat and armpits in my gym clothes. Had to make two phone calls asking them to please rush because the meeting is in 20 minutes. This kind of service is just unacceptable for people who conduct meetings here, given that there is the word "luxury" in the hotel name.

Breakfast - limited selection...there are better spreads out there in five-star resorts that are around the same price range. The girl on the noodle and egg station was completely overwhelmed and confused despite serving on two guests. Took forever to get my noodle. She should tell me to wait for a moment while she tends to the eggs but instead she just leaves me hanging while she tended to another guest who requested eggs. "One moment" or "five minutes please" would've sufficed, instead she was just all over the place and overwhelmed by two requests.

Food - it's a hit or miss. The expensive fish dishes (THB 900+) had ugly presentation. It looked like a dish you can get for THB 200 from a local Thai place nearby. The next day I had soft shell crab with black pepper sauce and that one was really good (although a friend said it was really salty the night before).

Villa - the villa condition is okay, but a bit aged, but still nice. There are no tissues in the living area, only in the bathroom...there should be a napkin or tissue box somewhere. The only strange thing is when male staff came into the room to place mosquito killers at 10 pm. I mean, 10 pm? Why not find a way to do this without ringing the bell at 10 pm.

Facilities - the bathroom in the meetings room is old and can break. A co-worker used the toilet and it broke (unable to flush). The roof leaks when it's raining. The water glasses aren't cleared or refreshed after lunch/breaks. The restaurant - bathroom roof is leaking.

Restaurant service - almost okay. The Thai waiters are great and courteous, respectful. I didn't like the expat restaurant guy though, because his demeanor was not at all calm or appropriate for this setting. He was coarse and curt throughout, like a military drill sergeant. I wanted to order dessert but decided not to. In this setting, the staff should be more graceful and gentle instead of rough around the edges - it's just not relaxing and quite off-putting.

Overall, it can be great if they just upgrade the facilities and train the staff to deliver satisfactory services fit for a "luxury" property.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ErichF108, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear station415,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback.

I was very glad to hear that you enjoyed your arrival experience with the speedboat journey and warm welcome. Your feedback regarding the luggage, Food and Beverage and facilities is appreciated. We will be looking further into your comments within the respective teams and ensure that such incidents do not happen again so we can improve from these in the long term as we strive to become one of the best resorts.

Should your travels ever bring you back to Phuket we will hope to welcome you back to the resort.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

This is on naka island, a speedboat trip from the main phuket island. So unless you like seclusion, the daily trips to see phuket becomes tiring. My villa itself, service and the hotel facilities are good

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear bcheong,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review!

I am glad to hear you liked your villa, the service and the general hotel facilities and would agree that we are a paradise island get away. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future and if there is anything I can do to be of your assistance then please do not hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

If you are looking for a quiet getaway in Thailand, this is your place! My wife and I spent 7 amazing days at this property and were so glad we chose this hotel. It exceeded our expectations and desires. Our private villa was truly amazing with views of the water, comfortable accommodations and scenic views of the water....not to mention our own pool! The staff was beyond "Luxury" and if I could give a sixth star I would. I have read other reviews that complained about being limited to dining options (2-restaurants) but I found the complete opposite. The pricing, food and staff were fantastic so I am not sure what others were expecting. Each meal and restaurant had offerings for multiple cultural tastes from Thai, Indian, Japanese, Western, etc.

The private island was beautiful to explore either by bicycle, jet ski, kayak or boat. I highly recommend this hotel. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stay in a villa with a Sea view and don't waste your money on the "beach" villas.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear DAVID F,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a wonderful recommendation!

It was so delightful reading your review and I am very proud of the ambassadors here doing such a wonderful job in representing the resort. I agree that the two restaurants within the hotel have a wonderfully large selection in the menu and the private pool villas are a wonderful addition to the experience.

We will very much be looking forwards to welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything I can do to be of your assistance then please do not hesitate to reach out to me!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

The good: I enjoyed very much Naka Island Resort, a beautiful pool, beach, lounge chairs by the pool, classes to attend. Fantastic breakfast, EXCELLENT choice and quality of the food and very generous. The staff was always v friendly and the sea view from Villa 58 was great. ZBar too was great and good cocktails, generous amounts of alcohol.
- Great water activities to choose from each day including paddle boarding, kayaking and windsurfing. Beautiful clear water most of the time, high tide and low tide. Beautiful spa area where I enjoyed several massages.
-So the staff don't speak perfect English, but big deal, what do you expect in a country where English isn't the first language! I never had problems asking for what I needed and it always came promptly, whether the speed boat transfer to Phuket (they don't stick to the advertised timetable, you can get it at almost any time) and ice buckets when you needed them. Excellent service, excellent toiletries, and nice towels, ample supply and beautiful grounds and gardens.

not so good: the steamroom in Villa 58 was broken and I wasn't told about it before, though I asked for that villa beforehand. When I asked for a discount off the total bill, it was reduced by around 700 Baht, not much, for a part of the promised luxury that wasn't up to scratch but mattered to me as I love steamrooms.
Aircon was v loud and didn't always work well. I complained about this too and again, the 700 Baht discount off the total bill was meant to cover this for discomfort for seven days. At one point, the temp in the room was the same as the temp outside. The noise and the lack of cooling at times was unpleasant and led to discomfort and sweating. The discount should have been greater as they were not small matters.
The two restaurants are expensive - especially MyGrill, take your own water from your room as you pay for it there.
MyGrill food was excellent, the food was great quality, the beef, lamb and desserts, and free sides and chocolates for dessert. Tonsai wasn't so good. Thai food which wasn't so great and SMALL serves.
I had 4x one-hour massages - the messages themselves were NOt one hour, about 50 minutes each.Not sure if this is because they were included in my packages but to my mind, one-hour of massage should be 60 minutes hands-on, and it wasn't, each time.
My daughter had a one-hour facial which was about 45 minutes hands on - to my lawyer's mind, this is a form of misleading behaviour.
My package included $500 worth of inclusions - but at the exchange rate applied by the report. it was only about $455 or 11,000 BAHT (22=iAUD) rather than the market rate at the time (24BAHT =1AUD), not a biggie, but about $42 worth of lost dollars was a small finanical win for the hotel at my cost.

But overall to Naka Island resort, I would go back because the overall package was great. Ignore the complaints about the bugs, there were few mosquitoes and they were well-taken care off by nets, sprays amply available (decent herbal ones) and mosquitos repelling insence what bugs we saw belong to the environment, it's the jungle!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank NickiBourlioufas
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear NickiBourlioufas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

I’m truly glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and have plans of coming back. While your recent experience was not flawless, I assure you that our hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and your valuable feedback helps us a lot in identifying areas of opportunity for us to improve our guest experience.

Thanks again for your review. We will be waiting for your return. For the mean time, if there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to me any time.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We can't begin to say enough about the wonderful staff at Naka Island. From the very beginning to the very end, the staff were absolutely fantastic and are an absolute credit to the resort. Our flight into Phuket was delayed, and a speedboat transfer was sent for us outside of hours, even though we were only able to e-mail they still sorted this out. We were greeted by the fabulous manager who showed us around and went to great lengths to see that we had everything we needed, even though it was very late at night. From then on the excellent service continued, with staff remembering things like our drink orders and favourite table at the restaurant. The Tropical Pool Villa accommodation was fabulous and private, beautifully clean and having great facilities. The staff knew exactly what was included in our booking and helped us book our massages and making sure we made the most of what the island had to offer. Fantastic weather and wonderful storms at night which were a real spectacle. This will be our favourite spot for what we hope will be many future visits. Thanks so much to your great team for providing us with a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Villa 14 - fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunburyTraveller3429
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear SunburyTraveller3429,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a magnificent recommendation!

This morning seeing your review left me with a big smile on my face, I am delighted to hear your comments of the team and I know they too will be very proud having been able to provide you with such a wonderful stay. This is the level of service we strive to achieve for our guests here in the resort. It was wonderful to hear we will be becoming your home away from home.

The team and I will very much be looking forwards to your return, please do feel free to contact me if you would like to let me know any of the names of the team members or if I can offer any assistance with your next stay with us.