1,055 results
All reviews steam room six senses private pool free ice cream sea view villa tropical villa phang nga bay main island executive chef grand marina bathroom area ao por ao po marina grill restaurant main pool guest experience manager small island
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We've stayed at Nake Island multiple times now. This hotel is far from most attractions in Phuket with the exception of Phang Nga Bay. Because of its relatively remote location most tours won't pick up from the nearby pier and it can be challenging to do a lot of the mainland activities since they'll take up your entire day. The prices, compared to other options (especially in terms of food) elsewhere in the region are very high. The hotel used to offer great private tours but no longer does so for reasons that weren't exceptionally clear to us. Bringing back the private excursions through the hotel would be a nice value add.

With all that being said, this resort is perfect for couples or those looking to get away. The island itself is beautiful, the rooms are more like compounds, and the staff is very attentive. While everyone was helpful, Beer, Oliver, and Bert were more than willing to go out of their way. Bert knew us by name after our first interaction, remembered our food preferences and took care of us poolside. Oliver provides great customer service and is an overall great asset to the hotel given his communication skills. And then there's Beer- quite possibly our favorite hotel employee that we've ever encountered. When I told him that my fiance loved mangosteen and the hotel didn't have any he brought us some from his home the next day. Additionally, when lamenting to Oliver and Beer that we wished we could book a private excursion through the hotel like we had in the past, they set it up for us and Beer even came snorkeling with us!

I can't recommend this hotel enough to people interested in a quiet and / or romantic stay in Thailand. Its one of only a handful of hotels I would consider living in full time. It's as close to perfection as I can imagine and compared to some other luxury hotels / destinations (e.g., Bora Bora, Maldives) it is a bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms along the outer edge are more private
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fnsracing
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Dear fnsracing,

Thank you for returning again to your home away from home and taking the time to recommend us!

I am delighted to hear such wonderful comments and am very glad you have left with some wonderful memories. I have shared your review in our management meeting and the team were delighted to hear your kind words. I will also be ensuring to thank Bert, Oliver and Beer very soon.

We are all very much looking forwards to welcoming you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me the next time you are returning to us or if there is any way I can be of your assistance.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The best place for an unforgettable perfect holiday.
Great guest services!
Friendly, helpful and polite staff. Everbody is so courteous!
Very clean and beautiful Villas and neat Gardens. Food is sooooo goooood!!!

Special thanks to Noom and Diow, the best and funniest barkeepers ever seen :)
Mai and Cake, daily caring for our breakfast. Pinto Daniele as THE Wine Specialist!
Din for the best golfcar ride we ever had :)
And all the other staff in administration, guest service, house keeping, kitchen, Spa and and and... doing the best for a wonderful stay.
We definitely come back :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K6014KImartinw
ErichF108, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear K6014Klmartinw,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Phuket!

We are so thrilled to read that you have such an unforgettable and perfect holiday with us, which we strive to provide to every guest. I'm also glad you enjoyed all your interactions with everyone, especially mentioning Noom, Diow, Mai, Cake, Daniele, and Din. All six of them are so happy you remembered their names. They were all recognized personally for their special efforts.

Everyone is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything I can assist you, please feel free to reach out any time.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is one of the few places which give great value to there platinum members, however service is extremely slow. It took me half an hour to get a room key replaced. I just kept waiting while 6 buggies passed by with "is there anything I can help you with?" The one time I went to the main pool it was extremely dirty and I was disgusted in even putting my legs in it. Breakfast is a hit and miss scenario. The concierge is very helpful and the speedboat service is very good. Lets not forget the free ice-cream from 2 to 5 everyday. I do not like apologies if they are said many times a day as they become meaningless. Last year we came it was much better. The basics are present but the staff need an extra step and this hotel would be amazing. And no, I would not come back again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GhalebMurad
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear GhalebMurad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket with us.

As our valued guest, I am happy to know you felt your loyalty is appreciated and thank you for highlighting some features of our resort. While I'm glad you appreciated a few things during your stay, I am also disappointed we were not able to provide you a flawless stay. Your valuable feedback helps us identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience.

I hope you would provide us an opportunity to regain your confidence with us. At your convenience, feel free to share any additional feedback on how we can elevate your experience whenever your travels bring you back to Phuket.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Overall our trip to Naka Island was pleasant. However, my husband and I agreed that of all the places we visited on our trip, this was the one we were the most indifferent to.

The private boat ride to the island is quick and easy. The check in process is also nice, with a welcome beverage and ceremonial gong ringing.

The rooms are clean. We had a beach view pool villa. It is dated, but in a charming kind of way. The pool was nice. Our only complaint was that the steam shower smelled funky. We only used it the one time and it smelled for hours after. The outdoor shower is way better if the weather is nice.

The service is also okay at Naka. The employees are friendly, but service is slow.

The hotel amenities are also okay. The hotel only has two restaurants and one is only open for dinner. The free breakfast is good - a lot of choices. However, lunch and dinner are just ok. There is also a small bar on one end of the island. They have small plates there. Additionally, wine is SUPER expensive. I’d recommend a beer or a cocktail.

The pool is beautiful and the beach is nice. The gym is fully equipped and open 24 hours. The spa is also nice.

If you are looking for a small resort to just hang out with your family, this is a good place to research more about. However, if you like a busier experience, this might not be your best bet.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Alexandra T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor and for recommending our resort to those who are looking for a restful holiday.

While I'm glad to hear your overall stay was pleasant, I am also disappointed to know we fell short of meeting your expectations. I sincerely apologize. In order to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service, I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team in order to improve our service process.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you back to Phuket.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived in the evening. Great experience. When we opened the curtains in the morning we could finally enjoy the great views on this island..... NOT. Our view is a concrete wall ( see photo) . We already complained at the reception, but haven’t heard any solution yet. We are very disappointed

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank spasieba
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear spasieba,

Thank you for coming to stay with us. This is most concerning and we will look into this and contact you back in order to ensure you have a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Erich Friedl,