Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$85
TravelocityUS$85
Orbitz.comUS$85
CheapTicketsUS$85
TripadvisorUS$85
ZenHotels.com
All reviews spice market budget hotel a busy main road small pool kitchen facilities within walking distance stayed nights grocery store grand anse beach the ground floor hotel is located spiceland mall noise george amenities wifi umbrellas
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

My family of 3 recently stayed at this hotel and had a lovely experience. It's very close to the airport (cost from airport to hotel is EC$40 / US$25) and because it is located on the main road into the capital St. George it was very easy to take public transportation. It's a small 14 room hotel but well maintained and very friendly staff, huge thanks to Annie and her tips to tourists :) You get a clear view of Grand Anse beach which is only a few step away and the port at St. George where you can see the cruise ships. Because the hotel is located on a busy main road it can be noisy at night but eventually the noise will fade away. There are 3 levels at the hotel and no elevator so if you are not so young or not as fit as a fiddle ;) you may want to stay on the ground floor or first floor. The hotel is within walking distance to Spiceland Mall and we even walked to BBC beach which is next to Grand Anse. The Grand Anse Spice Market is right opposite where vendors offer great local crafts and spices of course. Thank you so much to the friendly staff at Seabreeze Hotel for a memorable family vacation.

Room tip: There is no elevator so if you don't want to walk too many stairs stay on the ground or first floor.
2  Thank Maria G
Reviewed 5 March 2020

I stayed in Seabreeze on Feb 20-22 (before a week-long sailing trip) and enjoyed it. Near beach and interesting shops and sights; a 5 min walk to a bank and little mall/supermarket; and a 10 min walk (5 min farther) to GrillMaster, a great little seafood restaurant, very reasonable prices. Room nice, balcony view of sea, with breezes; staff nice to me, and hanging out around pool pleasantly social.
I had a confirmed reservation to return for Feb 29-March 1 (after my sailing trip), but to my dismay the Manager emailed me a few days ahead to say he had canceled my reservation and had moved me to an "upgrade" at another property. However, no name or location was given for the property. I had been looking forward to returning to the Seabreeze location (and amenities), not somewhere else, and was annoyed that (a) I could not return there (with a confirmed reservation!), and (b) the Mgr had not included important information, requiring me to deal with poor communication access while at sea and be anxious about the situation throughout my last days of my sailing vacation. I had to ask several times about the name and location; each time the reply was vague and unhelpful. Not knowing what I would experience when returning for my last night in Grenada -- especially about being able to walk to favorite places -- was an undeserved burden on me. Finally, the Mgr gave me a specific name and location (again, more annoying back and forth of messages), and I could see it was nowhere near where I wanted to be. He finally agreed to make his driver available to me, for when I wanted to go to those places -- but I really wanted to walk there. (I forgot about the convenient public van service along that route, nor did the Mgr mention it.)
To make this too-long and annoying story shorter, my room in the new location, Momo's Waterfront Apartments, was most certainly not an "upgrade"! -- smaller, no breeze, less of a view from the porch (and much less breeze) and no view from inside (no windows, just narrow louvers) -- and no pool! -- a loss not only for taking a dip but for the sociability around it. Finally, no Visa accepted -- only cash (with no warning from the SB Mgr), so with almost no cash left from my trip, I needed to get a ride to a bank ATM and pay about $8 surcharge to get cash (plus pay the Public van). In summary, the SB Mgr had no interest in accommodating, much less anticipating, the disruptions encountered by cancelling and moving me -- losing time, money, amenities -- having been told the change would be an "upgrade".
In Momo's favor, however, Momo (the mgr) was very pleasant and helpful, and they had a little dock and ladder down to the beautiful sandy bay -- even better than a pool (but which she told me about only when i expressed regret there was not a pool; otherwise, I would not have known!). All in all, though, the SB Mgr was much too inconsiderate and ineffective, for my expectations.

Room tip: Bring good ear plugs for beeping traffic at night; otherwise, all room views are good.
2  Thank tracker62
Reviewed 19 February 2020

My wife and I stayed 6 nights reserved with Hotels.com. ; 1st 3 night reservation for King with Kitchen-$330 US, 2nd 3 night reservation for King with kitchenette-$255 US.
After 2 flights from our stay in St. Lucia, we taxied ($16 US) 6 km north from GND Airport arriving here before noon.
We climbed the steep front stairs to a patio deck with plunge pool and a welcoming receptionist. After paying for our room using Visa and discussing our transfer options to Carriacou, we followed a housekeeper to room #4 next door. This was disappointing as we had reserved an upper floor with kitchen. #4 had a comfortable queen with a small nightstand, a twin(used for storage), closet, wall TV(cable and Netflix) table and 2 chairs, a tiny kitchenette and small bathroom with soap and tiled shower. There were ample outlets (all large 3 prong), quiet AC and good room WiFi. The sliding door opened to a shared patio with a long view of the Caribbean across the busy and noisy main street. Besides the street we endured late noise from guests gathered at the hotel's nearby pool.
After 2 nights we moved upstairs to the larger corner room #6 with a king bed, full kitchen, private balcony with a better sea view and exceptional WiFi.
After returning from our 3 night stay at Carriacou's Grandview Hotel, we were given #9 on the 2nd floor. This smaller room was clean, repainted and similar to #6 except a very cramped kitchenette with very limited utensils/dishes and no dining table (only a balcony table and chairs).
We walked 300 m down to the nice Food Fair and 300 m farther to Spiceland Mall's larger IGA/KFC, and took the frequent #1 minibus (1 US$ each) 4 km up to the Osprey Ferry to Carriacou.
This older hillside hotel with 16 self catering rooms has a decent upper floor view, through the electric wires, of the Grand Anse Beach but it's marred by the noisy street and the fact that you have little choice of the specific room you get. In spite of requesting, and paying for, a kitchen rather than a kitchenette, we only had one night in that room. With these deterrents, this heavily booked hotel still represents good 'high season' value at ~$100 US per night, if you are a heavy sleeper or don't mind noisy traffic late into the night and starting very early in the morning.

4  Thank Gene R J
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

This friendly little hotel has it all. Great clean location, friendly staff, pool, AC, kitchen facilities (limited in some rooms but a shared kitchen outdoors if needed), large balconies, bus stop right outside the door, restaurants and grocery store nearby, beach a short walk away.
It is on a busy street and can get a little noisy but we knew that before we booked this place. Some people stayed for weeks. We had 5 days which was perfect. Beach toys too... if you want them. Could use a pillow upgrade tho.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 99dianen
Reviewed 8 November 2019

Stayed 6 nights whilst on holiday. A very good value hotel.Spacious, comfortable and clean apartments.The staff and owner Arnold Hopkin are very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast and evening meals by the pool good,although not enough choices for my vegetarian wife .

Date of stay: October 2019