4 people are viewing this hotel
US$239
Free cancellation until 13/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$239
Trip.comUS$207
travelup.comUS$243
2,518 results
All reviews sunset bar towel hut tradewinds restaurant breakfast buffet is ocean front garden view beautiful grounds restaurants and bars lounge chairs cruise ship spice market other resorts st george pools beach island caribbean
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2020

Date of stay: July 2020
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this resort and enjoyed the lovely island of Grenada. It’s been a few months and a lot happened the week after we returned from a great vacation. I wish I could remember the names of the people who treated us extra special. But a big shout out to Samantha Regis, Front Office Manager. She was a blessing to us many times. The entire staff goes out of their way to make you feel special. I believe Jenny, was the towel lady’s name. She made you smile everyday! And everyday the young man would be there to bring my beach chair.

Some nights we ate at the resort. The food and drink prices were reasonable. Or you had the choice to walk 10 minutes up or down the beach to other oceanfront restaurants.

We had a great stay in Grenada. We loved going on tours and learning about the island.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank primesungirl
Reviewed 27 May 2020

You can't beat the location and this hotel is reasonably priced for the amenities offered.

The grounds are well kept however the rooms are slightly outdated depending on where you land at the resort.

Food is average, breakfast buffet better than lunch and dinner and customer service training is definitely lacking.

During my last stay, in particular I landed in a room near an outside bar within the resort. At first, I thought how convenient is this... that is until the live music began around 7pm and went on past 10pm. Naturally this coincided with my nap schedule and I was not pleased.

The Manager on duty told me to suck it up and offered no alternative measures. I suggested a sign at check in to alert guests about the entertainment especially those that would be directly affected with the accommodations. He seemed somewhat receptive.

Room tip: stay away from the restaurants and bars
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank A101AMdawnd
Samantha R, Front Office Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2020

Dear A101AMdawnd,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet your expectations. I assure you that we will improve going forward and, we look forward to another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 10 May 2020 via mobile

My husband and I had a fabulous week in Grenada thanks to Radisson Grand Anse! Truly; I can’t believe how many negative comments I see below, because our stay was exceptional.

Staff was friendly, polite, and efficient. When one of our excursions was cancelled at the last minute, a woman at the front desk immediately began searching for similar options for us without us even asking her to help. We were so impressed by their efforts to make our vacation perfect. The front desk also made and confirmed reservations for us and scheduled taxis. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without them!

We had a few meals at the restaurant and each time we enjoyed great meals. The prices are moderate but not expensive; similar to a hip suburban cafe. I recommend the fish & chips, and the sandwiches we got for lunch were also great. To add, the food at the resort never made me sick, but other local restaurants did, so I felt very safe eating there. Our food came out relatively fast; but please keep in mind that outside of the US people enjoy their meals at a slower pace than what we’d expect in the USA. Try to leave any “amazon prime” mentality at home, if you are able.

As far as grounds and rooms; i highly recommend getting a beach view room. I couldn’t believe our balcony looked right out onto the beach! For a world-class beach, this is a true gem. Also, the pool was beautiful, grounds were lush with flowers and tropical plants/trees, and everything was very clean. For the price of the rooms, this resort is an amazing value!

My only negative feedback wasn’t that bad, but my husband agreed with me: we hated the pillows. They’re just about the puffiest pillows I’ve ever experienced, and force you lift your head up so your neck is crooked. I prefer a flatter pillow to begin with, and it would have been nice if there were different types of pillows available.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura E

Dear Laura E,

Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your kind comments about your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2020

We stayed at the Radisson Grenada Beach Resort at two occasions in January/February in 2020 and here are some reflections from our time there.

Not so good
The water pressure in the shower in the Executive Ocean View rooms (floor 2 & 3) was very poorly, at sometimes it was so bad it was difficult to rinse off the shampoo and conditioner. It was reported at the front desk but no feedback from them and the problem remained the whole stay.
For the money you pay for the room (quite a lot) I expect that to be much better.

Most of the staff in the restaurants is not very efficient. I don’t mind a slow, non-stressed pace but to have to wait extra-long time for service when it very obviously could be done more efficiently can be a bit annoying, e.g. why not take an order at the same time as you bring menus to another table close by?

The knowledge and service of some of the staff at the front desk could be improved. We had problems with the rooms we got on our 2nd stay but only Princess could help out in the end.
Why the hotel first gave us a room with 2 beds when we didn’t specifically asked for it since we booked and paid for a king-size bed room and as we also had one at our 1st stay a week before, we don’t know.
Next rooms we were offered had a king-size bed but no ocean view unless you stood up at the balcony; it was a brick wall instead of a fence. It looked like a part of the exterior design but then it shouldn’t be considered as an ocean view room. At our third attempt we finally got the room we expected, booked and paid for.

The food is pricy considering what you get. E.g. if you don’t want the whole breakfast buffet, which is quite expensive compare to other hotel breakfast buffets we’ve eaten at very nice hotels in Europe the price for a coffee and an omelette (a la carte) is almost the same price as the whole breakfast buffet.
Also the lunch and dinner offers are pretty expensive but maybe that is what you have to expect in the Caribbean I guess.

The hotels policy of allowing cruise ship passengers on the beach using their sunbeds is a very strange one. How come Radisson doesn’t care more about their paying guests is a mystery. The cruise ship crowd literally invade the beach and the shade available without any consideration to the people already there. It is very annoying especially when they get very close to you and a lot of them are smoking as well. Some of the hotel guests even left the beach to go to the pool instead. At one time when we got to the beach at 11 ish no sunbeds were available but on days without cruise ships there are a lot of available beds. I suggest the hotel have a dedicated area on the beach for their (paying) hotel guests when they expect cruise ships passengers.

A noise which was very difficult to identify suddenly appeared in our room. Front desk knew it was the fridge and it needed to be unplugged and then plugged in again to stop the noise. It would have been good with some kind of information of the same before it happened.

No one answered on the room service number; we had to phone the front desk and ask them to pass our order to the room service. This happened on numerous occasions.

What is good
The location at the gorgeous Grand Anse beach is fantastic. Also close to the airport and St George’s.
The hotels pools and gardens are very nice and well maintained.
Beach/pool towels are available
Well maintained and comfortable sun beds
A small but well equipped gym with AC. I’m not sure if all the trade mills and cross trainers are needed, I would have liked to see an area for free weight training and stretching instead but it worked out well.
Rahul, the restaurant manager, Edgar the executive chef and Princess at the front desk were all very helpful when we encountered issues. Even if it wasn’t within their area of responsibility they made sure we got the help we asked for.
Most of the staff are very friendly.
The rooms are very clean and well kept.
Very comfortable beds with a good number of nice pillows
Nice with a daybed in the room you can take out on the balcony
During our stay the restaurant management tried out new concepts at the beach front bar for lunch. Not all the menu changes suited us but we appreciated the effort they put in to do something new with lunch offers.

Date of stay: January 2020