4 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$210
TravelocityUS$210
PricelineUS$268
1,365 results
All reviews dress code steel band little repetitive melon main restaurant poolside restaurant plenty of sunbeds buffet style gardens are beautiful swim up bar great holiday st lucia rum punch a ground floor room turn down service quiet hotel walk in shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2020

My family and I visited this resort in December 2019 before the global pandemic really hit for 4 nights. The resort is not very big but offered a fulfilling package for us. The beach was absolutely gorgeous with calm waters, clean sand and no impediments to your enjoyment. There is easy access to the beach and the resort offers bar services close to the beach. As it is a public beach, be mindful of 1 or 2 persons trying to get you to purchase an item but generally they don't harass you. The garden area is quite beautiful and relaxing as it is well maintained. It is exceptionally relaxing to enjoy the garden via the room patio. They offer 2 sitting and 2 beach chairs for each rooms enjoyment.
There is limited dining option with only 2 restaurants on offer but the staff is very attentive and inviting with exceptional service. The food on offer tastes great but the variety is somewhat limited. The bars closed at 11/12 pm so they don't offer much night life. My wife and I also took note of the inconsistency in the mixing of some of the cocktails, depending on the bartender. The entertain was also enjoyable with different offers each night. The highlight for us was the band giving a live show and inviting everyone to dance and enjoy themselves. We ended up in front the stage! There is also a manager's cocktail that offered a meet and greet with the manager and staff, as well as other guests. This really helped us be more relaxed at the resort.
The pool was never crowded and there is also the option of learning to dive in the pool via the diving business on the compound. This was my wife and I first time diving and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The kids had a blast at the pool as well as we were alone during the time we utilized it.
Overall, this was exactly what was needed to prepare us for the oncoming pandemic, very relaxing! Thank you Coyaba!

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank ipardais
Reviewed 17 April 2020

This is a very relaxing resort and one of the nicest we have stayed at in the Caribbean. However it is not the most luxurious or modern but has a lovely Caribbean feel rather than being a bland chain hotel. It has been owned by a local family over a number of years.

The grounds are very spacious with well tended gardens and open out directly onto an amazing beach. Beautiful soft sand down into the sea that is clear - no coral, seaweed or stones.

The bedrooms/bathrooms are really nice, well furnished and clean and a good standard for the Caribbean. We had a ground floor room with a lovely patio. It is not a very big resort and so there are not lots of dining opportunities but the location of the main restaurant is lovely and a nice bar area attached. The food is good although there could on occasions have been a bit more range and variety with the buffet options. I think the standard of food is probably the one area they could improve on slightly.

One nice surprise though was the standard of entertainment. It was on for 4 nights of the 7 that we were there and was really good with different bands including a steel pan band one night. It always went on for at least 2 hours which is not always the case with hotel entertainment. It certainly made the evenings.

The clientele can be slightly older than at some resorts but this made it very peaceful during the day. There was plenty of room for everyone and sometimes it was empty by the pool. The pool was lovely with a nice bar.

The location is very good with easy access to other restaurants and bars and also into Georgetown. Grenada is a very safe island and this made it a good place to go out at night.

I would suggest a full day trip around the island as it is a beautiful, a catamaran sunset cruise is also recommended.

We can see why people return time and time again and we would definitely like to go back.

Room tip: Rooms on the right as you look towards the beach
7  Thank Travelhappyalways
Reviewed 12 April 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for two weeks and left early March. Comfortable room well appointed overlooking gardens. Staff all really friendly and helpful, food good (but not fine dining)and reasonably varied. The resort is right on the beach which although public was mostly pretty quiet and there are plenty of sun beds to go round so no stress. The island is interesting and worth exploring.
Very few children. Worth going all inclusive I think as the all inclusive drinks were all OK (but you can pay extra for some premium brands).
It’s a quiet resort with some entertainment on some evenings.
All in all this was one of the most relaxing beach holidays we have ever had and Coronavirus allowing we will definitely return.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank foggy66
Reviewed 8 April 2020 via mobile

This was my fifth year coming back to this beautiful hotel and country. For me it is now like visiting a second home each year. The staff are so welcoming and accommodating. I have always had good food here as a vegetarian and this year I had also gone gluten free. The chef came out to talk to me and I had amazing food for the whole of my trip. This year was the year coronavirus impacted my trip with a hasty return to the U.K. Despite that it was a heavenly trip and I plan to return again next year. THANK YOU to all of your wonderful staff in all of their roles at the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank FutureSwimmers
Reviewed 16 March 2020

This was our fourth visit to Coyaba which in itself says a lot. There are so many things to praise but for us the friendly staff make an enormous difference. They are efficient and swift but at the same time ready for a chat and smile. How often do you travel and get hugged 'Goodbye' by your chambermaid? As before the rooms are cleaned to a high standard (and I rate myself as fussy.) Lovely gardens with space for everyone in sun or shade. The pool is immaculate but we only used it twice as the gorgeous beach and sea are the best. This year we did miss the morning melon slices delivered to our chairs as evidently there is a shortage but instead a drink service had been instituted so no-one seemed to mind! The evening entertainment is just enough and it stops at either 10pm or 10.30pm which suits the clientele as we are on the older side. I have always thought Coyaba would be a very suitable resort for ladies alone as it's so safe and Grenada is a very safe island. This year there were several solo travelers and they felt comfortable. As with most all-inclusives the food does get a bit repetitive after two weeks but choose wisely and there is always something tasty. See you next year!
A further thought....we were advised by our tour operator that there was some ongoing construction slightly away from the main public areas. We didn't notice it for 3 days!

Room tip: Rooms towards St George' s are a bit quieter and have best sea views.
Date of stay: February 2020