Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,029 results
All reviews sea grape sir royston seagrape suite spice island almond suite pool suite cold towels local ingredients dvd player sitting area dinner menu sun loungers repeat guests steel band without exception turn down service st george
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This was our very first Caribbean experience about 4 years ago.

We were originally booked in to an Oleander room but when we were booking in I noticed the look of complete disappointment on my husbands face. It was basic. The staff member immediately picked up on this and offered an upgrade at a very small amount to a Seagrape beach suite. Oh how glad we did. Wonderful. It was directly straight onto the beach. Very good housekeeping.

No issues with the food. Very good. But like a lot of Caribbean hotels there is only one evening dining experience that is a struggle.

Staff were very engaged.

Yes I would recommend

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank kittys2016
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I tend not to read (or write) 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor because they are often trite and and contains little useful information ("we had a nice time, it was great, we'll come back, love it" etc). However, this hotel does deserve it's five stars and becomes our favourite Caribbean hotel.

It is important to frame this review by saying that we visited at the beginning of August in the quiet season for the hotel. And I mean quiet. I'm quite sure there were many more employees working at the hotel than there were guests.

The hotel has an excellent location that is 10 minutes from the airport, right on the beach with tourist locations around the island easily accessible. We rented a car and that allowed us to visit most tourist sites of the island in our two week stay. The combination of time spent at the hotel and time spent out exploring was excellent. The island is easy to get around with a rental car, although sign posts to tourists locations were often missing I suspect most tourists visit with a guide. The local people were very friendly and helpful (more so than other Caribbean islands).

We stayed in a Almond pool suite, which I would say is the pick of the accommodation (we looked at various options before we booked and reviewed it when we were there, but obviously we only stayed in this one). The Sea Grape suites are right on the beach, but the beach is public (and sometimes busy), so the set-back-from-the-beach Almond pool suite was quieter and more private. It's wonderfully comfortable accommodation with a pool and outside garden space, including a covered outside sitting area for those rainy days (I'm not sure that the Royal pool suite, which has a little more indoor space, has the covered outdoor space, which is why I think the Almond pool is the pick). Everything about the room was superb with the bed and bedding being large and extremely comfortable. Air conditioning was quiet and effective. Amenities in the room were first-class with a good mini bar was was restocked daily (with your choice of drinks if desired).

All aspects of the service at this hotel were first class. The service was there when you wanted it but not when you didn't.

Food at the restaurant was very good, sometimes excellent. There is only one restaurant option, but there is a good choice of dishes each day and the menu changes daily.

It's not a couple/adults only hotel and there were several small children there on our trip. I think there is a conflict here between the ambience that the hotel is trying to create and the marketing of it as a family destination. For us it was ok, but if at a busy time the hotel is attractive to families then it might become unattractive to couples seeking peace and sophistication. At the top-end of the Caribbean resort market I suspect many hotels are more clearly targeting couples/adults, so those top hotels that promote families presumably are more disproportionately visited by families. It would be interesting to see how the profile of the hotel changes at busy times of the year. It could becomes less appealing to couples.

There is very little to say that's negative about the hotel. It's located on a long public beach but think there is enough space for all. We did get loud music drifting across the hotel from nearby beach parties which bothered me for a few days, but perhaps I eventually tuned it out. It would be nice if there was some alternate eating location, even if it is just a beach grill, to provide variation from the sit-down-and-be-waited-on lunch and dinner. At a quiet time of year I can see that would be hard to justify.

All in all, a superb hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank topblue99
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Spice Island resort is one of the few 5 star hotels that doesn't vary its standards between summer and winter. It is possible to stay at this beautiful resort in the summer for a 1/3 of the price paid in the winter.
We book and Antherium suite which is spacious and has its own plunge pool. The suite is so comfortable that one is not motivated to leave it for the beach which is just yards away.
We did pry ourselves away for one day to tour the island. The choices are endless with a rum factory, chocolate factory, nutmeg factory and multiple water falls. What ever you choose don't forget to ask for a picnic basket, which is complementary and perfect by the falls.

Date of stay: August 2018
6  Thank GracieLoo940
Reviewed 5 August 2018

You just can't fault this place, and you just can't help but fall in love with Grenada, the people, the island and the cultures. The hotel is very tightly controlled by the owning family & their management which is good because everything is just perfect. Seriously if you asked me to fault anything I really couldn't. Rooms are lovely, staff are the best in the world, and the food OMG that boy Jesson Church (head chef) is a genius the meals are amazing ..................... It is a lovely hotel and a lovely location

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Adrian S
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Over the years we have travelled to a few Caribbean islands, including Grenada, and I have often looked on Trip Advisor at SIBR and thought "we must go there one day".

This summer Mrs Grumpy was in need of a period of R&R and we were both celebrating significant birthdays in a July fortnight (with mine being significantly more significant.....EEK) so the decision was made and so the aforementioned day arrived.

On arrival we were told, while sitting at reception drinking the rather yummy Spice Island Classics, "as a treat for your birthday celebrations we would like to upgrade you to a Seagrape beach suite, is that OK?" Is that OK? Is that OK? Goodness me, I was lucky not to spill the Classic.

So a brilliant start followed by an absolutely brilliant fortnight.

I like everything about the hotel.

The suite was fabulous. The gardens are lovely. The staff, at every level doing whatever job, were so welcoming. I am not going to name any names because they were all brilliant. And as we got to know the restaurant and bar staff it also all became great fun.

The food (breakfast, lunch and dinner...we never made it to tea!) was fantastic........we looked forward to every meal; the hotel clearly employs chefs who understand seasoning and flavours, chefs who have palates. There were many WOW moments.

The house wines, which are available all day were fine and include a very nice French sparkling wine. We also had fun experimenting with cocktails.

Sir Royston (and his wonderful shirts) and his family are there, meeting and greeting and making sure things are good. Hands on management. We attended a cocktail party at Sir Royston’s lovely home and were made to feel so welcome.

Spice Island is, in our view, first rate just as a hotel. And then you site it on Grand Anse beach and you understand my title to this.

Grand Anse beach is absolutely beautiful and we tried to limit the impact of all that delicious food and all those calories by walking the length of it (to and fro) every day.

And while I mention it did I tell you about our new game.....how many different shades of blue can you see in the sea? The BLUE sea is also beautiful...........we would look out from breakfast and/or lunch and just think how incredibly lucky we were to be in such a place. I will have to convince friends that I haven't photoshopped the colour into my photographs......I haven't, there is no need.

And did I mention seeing a baby turtle trying to get out to sea through the waves? It made it in the end. And yes I know the attrition rate on baby turtles but that one has our fingers crossed for it.

And did I mention seeing a turtle (a hawksbill I guess) cruising just offshore? Of that one I managed to get a passable photograph.

Anyway, I am meandering now so will stop and simply summarise by saying that this was our first stay at Spice Island Beach Resort, it will not be our last.

Thank you for reading this.

Date of stay: July 2018