All reviews private beach sea view villa thai restaurant koh samui infinity pool f b manager beach restaurant paddle boarding tennis courts our honeymoon ocean front wooden floors individual villas rooms are beautiful marine park table tennis main restaurant
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Belmond for 5 nights during our honeymoon trip, it was fabulous. Everything we had hoped for. Rooms were clean and spacious and the comfiest bed ever. Hats off to the housekeeping staff who cleaned the rooms TWICE a day to a 5* standard they were spotless each time! We are now staying at another resort in Krabi and we can tell the difference Belmond was really high standard.

The pool was immaculate all the time as was the beach, clean clear water white sands and no rubbish to be seen anywhere. Sea and pool were always warm, beds on the beach were a touch of luxury !

We had jet lag massage and aromatherapy massage at the spa and it is well worth the money. We couldn't find any cheaper places nearby on which we could get some reviews so we went with the hotel spa, you get what you pay for and it was well worth it.

The food oh my god, amazing. We ate at the beach bar restaurant, my husband had the chicken taglettelie and he said it was better than italian we have at home run by an actual Italian! I had the Thai curries and they were truly beautiful, thank you to the chef for obviously caring so much about the food you create.

We especially appreciate the mosquito treatment you do as we can really really see the benefits of this. I am always bitten anywhere ago but to my amazement I was not bitten once at Belmond nor did I see any mosquitos. Now at Krabi I have been bitten so many times, it does take away from your trip. Thank you so much for whatever you do about the mosquitos at Belmond, I have never had the pleasure of being in Asia without being bitten for a week! This was probably my favourite thing about Belmond... It really makes a difference.

The staff.. so friendly, so helpful, always smiling and saying hello, organised taxies for us for the night markets, excursion we did marine park trip was really good with snorkelling and kayak.

Overall 5* deserved thank you so much Belmond, your staff are a credit to your hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sayoni S
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Sayoni S,

How wonderful to read your amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great experience with us.

It was our great pleasure to welcome you here at Belmond Napasai for your honeymoon trip. We are glad to hear that you had such a fabulous stay and that you enjoyed our facilities to the fullest.

Also a big thank you for your wonderful feedback about our staff. We will be delighted to share your kind words with our entire team.

We really hope to have the chance to welcome you back again to our little paradise - maybe next year for your 1st wedding anniversary.

In the meantime we wish you all the very best and send you warm greetings from Koh Samui.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2018

First thing's first, Napasai has incredible service. From the moment we arrived at the airport we were treated as VIP Luxury guests and the staff pulled out all the stops. Shuttle from airport is an air conditioned high-end vehicle. On arrival we were given a snack and orientation to the amenities and beautiful grounds. Our room was decorated nicely with flowers for our honeymoon. The rooms themselves are beautiful with perfect views of the ocean and OH MAN what a comfortable bed! The lounge chairs are plenty and the beach was very nice with good calm ocean swimming. Free kayaks, paddle boards, even a catamaran if you know sailing basics (we did). There is billiards, ping pong, badminton, tennis, volleyball. The spa staff are well trained in massage, though it is quite expensive compared to the many private options island-wide.

Every staff member knew our names, story, and room number the whole week. It is clear this is valued in their training. They were happy to make reservations and book high-end taxi transport and activities around the island. Food is good but not world class and overpriced, but it's easy to get off the reservation for dinner. The breakfast buffet is dreamy.

I don't give 5 stars because I got food poisoning my first night from one of the oysters at their raw bar. I blame myself for eating an oyster in the first place in a state of jetlagged delirium (I'm not in Portland, Maine anymore? I was yesterday...), but this is a "never event" for a high-end luxury resort, as we say in my medical field.

Once sick, the staff was incredible though. They called a doctor at 4am to our room and ran back and forth to pharmacy all night for oral replacement salts and other things. The rest of the week I was looked after like a patient in a hospital. I can't thank the staff enough for their attentiveness.

The second reason for 4 stars is that we requested our airport transport the morning of departure and were told that is too early and they recommended 30 minutes later. We were the last ones on the plane and it was horribly stressful to get checked in and through security at lightning speed. We didn't understand why we were recommended later and again, making guests late for their departure flights is a "never event" for a luxury hotel.

All in all, I recommend the Napasai for a special occasion like honeymoon, and it seemed like an excellent spot for a family holiday as well, there were lots of children and the staff was great with kids. It wasn't overwhelming numbers of kids to invade our romantic getaway, though.

Room Tip: We had a lot of privacy at our oceanfront villa
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph J
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Joseph J,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful and detailed review. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your honeymoon to the fullest even though you got food poisoning. But I am glad to hear that you have appreciated the help and attentive from our entire staff.

We always expect about 1 1/2 hours from the hotel to the airport, which is usually enough time. Therefore, I would like to apologize for the delay and that you finally had to rush after a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Nevertheless, it was a real pleasure to welcome you in Koh Samui and we hope to welcome you back for another occasion here at Belmond Napasai.

Thank you again for your great review, it is my pleasure to share your words with our entire team.

Warm greetings from sunny Samui,

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and got the 2 Bedroom villa for 5 people. Although the units are a little old, the Belmond has done a nice job maintaining them. Customer service is really great, concierge was excellent, bell hops were great, the location and views are spectacular. The private pool was really nice and well maintained.

A couple of minor issues kept the Napasai from getting a 5 in my opinion.

1. On our second day here, there was clearly some work going on in the villa next to us. It started at 10am. We didn’t really bother to complain and decided to go paddle boarding around noon. We came back at 2, the work was getting louder. By 3, I called to complain. The noise stopped within 15 minutes which was good. It would have been nice to get an apology for putting up with the noise but that did not happen.

2. The WiFi is awful. Funny enough, the a/c stopped and they came within 5 minutes to fix it and they did fix it. Since they were here, I said the WiFi is not really strong. They tinkered with it for 10 minutes and said you are right. End of story.

Overall, I would stay here again and recommend the Belmont Napasai.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Oneworld36,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and honest review. We truly appreciate your words and I'm happy to share it with our entire team. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, especially our customer service, your private pool and of course the magnificent view.

For safety reasons we had to change the handrail in the villa next to yours. We would like to apologize that the noise was disturbing and that we did not inform you in advance about it.

We would also like to apologize that the WIFI didn't work properly in your villa. The management team is informed about it and action is already in progress.

Nevertheless, we all hope to welcome you back soon and wish you in the meantime all the best.

Warm regards from Belmond Napasai

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels we’ve stayed at. We had a lovely villa ( 2 bedroom ocean view private pool residence). Both bedrooms has sea views, large bathrooms and there is a separate living area with a terrace and a private pool and beach with pool house dining area and kitchen. The rooms are very beautifully done in traditional Thai dark woods and well equipped. It was a special wedding anniversary and birthday for my wife and the hotel really spoiled us with attention and treats. Nothing was too much trouble and when my daughter was sick for a couple of days the hotel staff went out of their way to make her comfortable and provides a lot of unexpected by very kind and appreciated care and attention. The staff are all very personal and attentive and we really can’t thank them enough. We thoroughly recommend this hotel and all the staff who do such a great job. We’d have not hesitate in going back. Note - in the interests of balance the only thing to keep in mind is that the hotel is quite isolated so you don’t have any decent cheap restaurants walking distance from the hotel. The hotel food and drink is nice but expect to pay five star prices or take a taxi to one of the other villages like Bo Phut for more choice at affordable prices. But if you go with that in mind and don’t mind paying for the convenience, excellent service and beautiful views out over ko phangan and the islands then you can just enjoy it as part of your holiday.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Ian S,

Thank you for your great review. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay that much, the property, the view, the peacefulness as well as our staff. As you mention it, Belmond Napasai is a bit remote which makes it a perfect place to unwind and relax. We hope that you will get the chance to come back to visit.
Warm Greetings from the whole Team,

Chloe Jacot-Descombes
Guest Relations

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Visited this place with family Thursday. We arrived during sundown, the buffet was already set. Sundown was nice. However, I find the dinner buffet on the beach is quite expensive with not a lot of options to choose from. But overall, it was a nice dinner. The staff were friendly and helpful. The lady singer and the saxophone guy were wonderful and we ended up dancing after our dinner. Will definitely come back here, hopefully price would be more reasonable and cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon H
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Shannon H,

Thank you for coming by and joining us for dinner. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner on the Beach as well as the entertainment, especially the dancing part. Next time make sure you tried our Lasian Night on Tuesdays, we have great food (fusion between South American and Asian food) and to end the night, an beautiful fire dance show. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Warm Regards,