“our best restaurant in Koh Samui”
Review of John's Garden

John's Garden
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: John's Garden is a typical restaurant offering Thai and Western food in a warm and friendly place !
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service 10, food 10, beautiful garden restaurant..
The food is a mix of thai and international, All tasting fresh and beautiful presented.
There is nothing that we did not like about this restaurant. We were sorry to have found this restaurant only 2 days before we left.

1  Thank asiangrace

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I must admit I was a little disappointed. I had read good reviews on this place so had expected better. The restaurant itself is very well decorated and has a lovely atmosphere. However the food was nothing special.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Koh Samui for 7 days and ate here twice. Food is amazing, atmosphere is lovely and the staff are brilliant. Can not fault this place, would recommend to anyone! The garden is beautiful, especially in the evenings when it's all lit up. We would love to come back to Samui and have no doubt about where to go and eat!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were in Koh Samui on february 2014 for 10 days and having read very good reviews about this restaurant we really wanted to try it.
Although we had not made a reservation prior to our arrival (a mistake) we asked the owner if we could wait at the bar for a table, he accepted and we waited drinking cocktails in a relaxed atmosphere.
As soon as you arrive in this place you immediately feel that it is very well taken care of, everything is clean, beautiful, lovely a pleasure for the eye.
The food was also very good, everything we had, salad, fish, all our meal was simply perfect.
John is a serious and careful host, he takes his job very seriously.
Do not forget to reserve your table otherwise kindly ask if you can wait at the bar!
Don't miss this place while in koh samui.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We enjoyed John's Garden so much, back in February of this year, that we went twice. I know John reads this so, John, we were the family that was eating at the table closest to the front of your restaurant when you came in with a freshly caught Cobia and you were kind enough to take it out of the bag and show it to us. My only regret is that we were leaving the next day- I wanted to try some of that fish! My family and I enjoyed the food that was prepared for us- my wife and daughter really enjoyed their Pad Thai. My son and I tried some shrimp dishes, all I remember is that the dishes were just right for our style and taste. The Garden ambiance with the fountain and lighting- excellent. I think that this is one place where it is obvious that the owner cares about the experience of his customers. Granted, nothing is perfect, my second drink was served to me but never added to my bill. I could have easily paid and left, but I feel that being honest is the most important thing. One final thing- John's Ice Cream and the Chocolate cake....oh.my! (from my wife) Awesome.! We look forward to a return to Koh Samui, and even more so to John's Garden.