“We'll be back.”

Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: John's Garden is a typical restaurant offering Thai and Western food in a warm and friendly place !
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We enjoyed John's Garden so much, back in February of this year, that we went twice. I know John reads this so, John, we were the family that was eating at the table closest to the front of your restaurant when you came in with a freshly caught Cobia and you were kind enough to take it out of the bag and show it to us. My only regret is that we were leaving the next day- I wanted to try some of that fish! My family and I enjoyed the food that was prepared for us- my wife and daughter really enjoyed their Pad Thai. My son and I tried some shrimp dishes, all I remember is that the dishes were just right for our style and taste. The Garden ambiance with the fountain and lighting- excellent. I think that this is one place where it is obvious that the owner cares about the experience of his customers. Granted, nothing is perfect, my second drink was served to me but never added to my bill. I could have easily paid and left, but I feel that being honest is the most important thing. One final thing- John's Ice Cream and the Chocolate cake....oh.my! (from my wife) Awesome.! We look forward to a return to Koh Samui, and even more so to John's Garden.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent food and the service is second to none. Pad Thai is the best we tasted and John recommended a fish in ginger sauce which was not on the menu which was beautiful. Lovely setting, I would recommend going there early in your holiday as you are likely to want to return. Strongly recommend.

johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

hello, thank you for your review and sorry for this long answer to say thank you.
i am very happy that u enjoyed my place and my recomendation of getting a steam fish with ginger sauce who is not on the menu.
thank you also for this compliment for a service second to none.. we will try to do our best every day to make our custumer happy...
hope to meet you again in samui in the futur.
with love from the garden. john

Reviewed 19 April 2014

During our time in koh samui maenam, we visited this restaurant 3 times. The food is great, take the stuff recommendations. You should book a table for the evening because its full every day.

hello, thank you for your review. i am glad that you enjoyed our garden and the food, thank's for visiting us 3 times in your week in samui... withy love from our garden... john

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The best restaurant in koh Samui ! Highly recommended . Delicious Thai food , tasty and healthy.
Very pleasant location for lovers ?:o)

johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hello William,
thanks you very much for taking your time to give us a review,
wow, perfect, its always a pleasure to hear that, we always try our best to approach that , but some time it will not go.... lol , as a warm beer could arrive at your table....lol.
looking forwards to meet you again in samui .
best wishes from our garden....
john and staff

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Me and my friend had a wonderful dinner here, having a lot of fun.
I ordered another beer, and when it arrived I noticed they were not cold. Not a problem, but when I tried to get someone to get us cold ones, we felt we were being ignored. Finally I got up and walked over to them. When I walked away, it was all giggles behind my back. Not very polite.
When the cold beers finally arrived at our table, they were just practically dropped without even getting so much as a smile from the waiter. It's been a while since I was on Samui, but the first thing that comes to mind when I hear Mae Nam is this unfriendly place. Luckily we weren't staying there. Seeing how aggressively the owner reacts to people on tripadvisor giving bad reviews: "Sure, it's always the CLIENT's fault."

2  Thank Alonso A
johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

hello, what a surprise to see your review, and such a bad ranking. for a warm beer and giggles and 11 month after.. wow... but i am happy that you enjoyed the food, surprise about this beer story, because all my beers are served with frozen ice glace,
but it could happen if the staff put the beers late in the fridge,, about giggles i know thai people and yes this could happen, i agree that it should not happen but again i am surprise , because most of our customer are very happy about my place and staff.
but i was not there in may 2013 , so i am wrong and i will apologise .
i will apologise also again that this warm beer keeps in your memory so long.
And NO it is not always customer fault, we are also wrong, slow, mistake,forgetting some reservation. etc nobody is perfect, but i will not accept people putting bad review because my restaurant is fully booked and they did not get a table.or people who just lie.
i am running my restaurant since 11 years, and we try everyday to do our best and all that with love and passion.
kind regards.