“charming place with great food”
Review of John's Garden

John's Garden
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: John's Garden is a typical restaurant offering Thai and Western food in a warm and friendly place !
Reviewed 19 April 2014

During our time in koh samui maenam, we visited this restaurant 3 times. The food is great, take the stuff recommendations. You should book a table for the evening because its full every day.

johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

hello, thank you for your review. i am glad that you enjoyed our garden and the food, thank's for visiting us 3 times in your week in samui... withy love from our garden... john

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The best restaurant in koh Samui ! Highly recommended . Delicious Thai food , tasty and healthy.
Very pleasant location for lovers ?:o)

johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hello William,
thanks you very much for taking your time to give us a review,
wow, perfect, its always a pleasure to hear that, we always try our best to approach that , but some time it will not go.... lol , as a warm beer could arrive at your table....lol.
looking forwards to meet you again in samui .
best wishes from our garden....
john and staff

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Me and my friend had a wonderful dinner here, having a lot of fun.
I ordered another beer, and when it arrived I noticed they were not cold. Not a problem, but when I tried to get someone to get us cold ones, we felt we were being ignored. Finally I got up and walked over to them. When I walked away, it was all giggles behind my back. Not very polite.
When the cold beers finally arrived at our table, they were just practically dropped without even getting so much as a smile from the waiter. It's been a while since I was on Samui, but the first thing that comes to mind when I hear Mae Nam is this unfriendly place. Luckily we weren't staying there. Seeing how aggressively the owner reacts to people on tripadvisor giving bad reviews: "Sure, it's always the CLIENT's fault."

2  Thank Alonso A
johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

hello, what a surprise to see your review, and such a bad ranking. for a warm beer and giggles and 11 month after.. wow... but i am happy that you enjoyed the food, surprise about this beer story, because all my beers are served with frozen ice glace,
but it could happen if the staff put the beers late in the fridge,, about giggles i know thai people and yes this could happen, i agree that it should not happen but again i am surprise , because most of our customer are very happy about my place and staff.
but i was not there in may 2013 , so i am wrong and i will apologise .
i will apologise also again that this warm beer keeps in your memory so long.
And NO it is not always customer fault, we are also wrong, slow, mistake,forgetting some reservation. etc nobody is perfect, but i will not accept people putting bad review because my restaurant is fully booked and they did not get a table.or people who just lie.
i am running my restaurant since 11 years, and we try everyday to do our best and all that with love and passion.
kind regards.
john

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hidden in its own gardens, peaceful setting, great food and service - standard and service of a European restaurant. Good vale for money.

Hello, thank you for your review,
i am glad that you enjoyed my restaurant, than ks for saying european standard, my staff and myself will always try to do our best for every guest.
looking forwards to see you again in our garden.
kind regards. john and his staff....

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and a beautiful garden restaurant. Absolute a visit worth.
A good idea is to make table reservation for evening diner.