1,763 results
All reviews san anton gardens caprice bar courtesy bus free shuttle service oriental restaurant pool area sister hotel beautiful hotel the general manager huge bed main restaurant st julians quiet location every member of staff local buses steam room hire car
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My husband and I stayed here for four nights this June having booked as part of an EasyJet holiday package. Upon arrival we were greated by friendly staff and given a glass of cold orange juice each which was a nice touch. Reception staff took their time in explaining the hotels facilities and where they were all located although this was quite a lot to take in all at once. We were then shown to our room which was pleasant enough though perhaps a little dated. We were in a 2nd floor room on the side of the hotel above the bar area which also has outside space. As the rooms are not double glazed we could hear music/singing and general talking until the bar closed which I believe was 1am. So this was a little annoying. When I did eventually get to sleep I found The bed was really comfortable - I think probably the best mattress I have ever slept on. The bathroom whilst really clean, just looked slightly dated to when I compare it to 5 star hotels in London and The hairdryer is not easy to manoeuvre as it's fixed to the bathroom wall. I should also mention the wall safe in the room for which you need to leave a 116 euro deposit at reception for the key is really tiny so don't take your Crown Jewels as you won't fit them in!! It will take two passports and some money and that's just about it. We had hired a car and always managed to park right outside the hotel which was good.

Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of food and I loved the fresh honey in the tray straight from the beehive which was delicious. Never seen that anywhere before. Just be careful they don't clear your table away before you finish eating as they did with us on our first day. We had both left the table to fetch some more food only to return to see they had removed everything and were setting it up for further diners. We also saw this happen on another day to another couple so it may be worth taking something down to breakfast and leaving it on the table when away from it. It was also slightly annoying that they clear your plates away so soon after you have finished what you are eating, makes it feel like they are rushing you through the breakfast service.

We were in Malta to visit relatives so only spent a couple of hours on two afternoons at the outside pool which was a very pleasant area and not too crowded which made it even better. Plenty of shade too if you require it. We did make use of the outside catering for the pool area and ordered two BLTs and two milkshakes. The milkshakes were delicious but the BLTs could have been slightly bigger and perhaps with thicker bread too. At 14 euros for each BLT I felt they were rather on the expensive side for the size. Milkshakes were 5 euros each which I felt was ok. We did not use any other facilities or dining etc.

So on the whole we enjoyed our stay at the Corinthia Palace but perhaps feel they need to start modernising it as it would not be awarded its five star ratings in the U.K.

Room Tip: Not on side of bar.
1  Thank 13sazza13
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for finding the time to write such a thorough review about the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa. Indeed such a detailed review brings me great pleasure when reading that all in all the stay was a positively memorable one and my team members made it even more so.

I am positive that if my team members should have been notified in due time regards the slight disturbance regards the room they would have rectified the situation in an efficient and effective manner.

The occurrence regards the breakfast has been taken note of and duly acted upon (as also the matter above), sometimes my team members are too eager to be of prime efficiency that could be interpreted as they are rushing whilst their goal is to provide a unique, professional service.

Considering that the history of the establishment with more than 50 years of delivering a hospitable welcome to our guests, renovation on such a construction is not an easy task, yet all the management are working steadily to ameliorate where there needs be.
It would be our pleasure to extend once again our hospitality with you, should you choose the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa once again whilst visiting the Maltese Archipelago,

Reviewed 24 June 2017

it looks very grand when you arrive,
Initially we were disappointed that it was not near the beach however this did not matter as the pools were gorgeous and the locality is very good.
The staff were helpfull especially Martin on our arrival.
The only downside were the in house prices of food and drinks. Breakfast was included and this was delicious.

1  Thank chloegoodnight

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Corinthia Palace. My team members especially Martin would be delighted as I am to read that their efforts play a great role in our establishment.

It would bring us great pleasure should you choose the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa as your preferred accommodation stay whilst visiting the Maltese Islands,

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in July 2015 for wife's birthday.

Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of the island so everything is literally a 20 min drive away. I would advise getting a car so it's easier to travel around. Best way to explore. The staff were amazing and even sent a a whole complimentary chocolate cake to our room in my wife's birthday. They took the time out to learn our names and greeted us every morning at breakfast. Really made a difference. Will be visiting again soon hopefully.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zaid S

Dear Guest Zaid,

I am delighted to read that the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa in its entirety provided such a positive experience, especially the team members that through their efforts delivered such an attentive and unique experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on david.woodward@corinthia.com for the necessary arrangements. It would be our pleasure in sharing our hospitality with you!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

This luxury hotel still has a traditional charm and was originally very well designed so that each room has a view of sorts. Virtually nothing seemed to have changed in the hotel in the 21 years since I last stayed here, in which time by contrast the Island has modernised frenetically and lost a lot of its own charm including the vintage cars, yellow buses and azure window.
A car is really essential if you are to be based here. In April there was no difficulty parking outside the hotel. For Valletta, there is an excellent shuttle bus.
The rooms are a good size, but the windows could do with an upgrade to block out traffic noises, and for English holidaymakers the minimum setting of 19 degrees for the air conditioning means that any bedclothes whatsoever are otiose.
We stayed half board and on an executive floor which I would heartily recommend, certainly the half board. The Villa Corinthia restaurant is simply sublime and its food rivals anything the Dorchester or the Savoy have managed. Fantastic- truly wonderful. The Rickshaw restaurant is more mediocre, but provides a broad spread of oriental cuisine. The breakfast buffet is comprehensive of everything you could want (except for brand named quality cereals - although the muesli was delicious)
Service was occasionally a little hectic. Once our restaurant booking at the Rickshaw was missed, and another time our room cleaning was missed - which when you have a free replenished minibar in an executive room is significant.
The staff were however super friendly and courteous at all times, and their heartfelt genuine intention it seemed to me was to try to ensure that we were always happy with our stay, even if unlike the really top hotels that meant reacting to a situation rather than being one step ahead.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool area may be quietest
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew W

Dear Mr Andrew,

Thank you for finding the time to write such a heartfelt review. It gives me great pleasure in reading that the establishment along side our valuable team members provided an oasis of the typical Maltese characteristics and genuine hospitality.
The team members at the Villa Corinthia Restaurant will be delighted to read that our establishment is on the par of such competitiors abroad.

Indeed the points regards the fittings and being proactive instead of reactive have been duly noted and are being tackled in due time. Yet, in the name of my team members I would like to thank you for such a review.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on david.woodward@corinthia.com would you like to chose the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa as your preferred accommodation stay whilst visiting the Maltese Islands,

Reviewed 17 June 2017

This is a proper 5-star luxury hotel with good size rooms, great pool area, spa, restaurants and a bar. The standard of service was excellent and we got a great welcome throughout our stay from the friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful staff. The only thing that lets the hotel down is it is getting a bit tired. Several things could do with a refresh and an update, especially the spa. The gym equipment is ancient and desperately needs renewing, as do the showers and changing rooms. Overall none of this spoiled our stay and I would highly recommend. With a few improvements this will be a get full marks from me. The location in centre of Malta will not suit everyone, but it is a great base for exploring the whole island.

2  Thank HuggieSRL

Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure that we at the Corinthia Palace Hotel and Spa where part of such a great experience whilst visiting the Maltese Islands.
As regards to the points where the establishment is getting a little bit tired we are doing our utmost to upgrade and renovate without losing the characterstics that made the Corinthia Palace stand tall through-out the 55 years of hospitality.

It would be our delight at the Corinthia Palace to share once again our hospitality with you, and thus should you chose us as your preferred accommodation stay when visiting once again the Maltese Islands do not hesitate to contact me on david.woodward@corinthia.com. It would be my pleasure to do the necessary arrangements,

Sincere regards,