6,033 results
All reviewscape codnewport baynautical themecompass loungedisneyland parisdisney hotelshuttle buslovely hotelminute walkswimming poollake viewmeal planhuge hotelhalf boardice machineeast wingbuffet restaurant
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I cant wait to go back, Newport bay ticked all of the boxes for me and my family. Breakfast was excellent and really set us up for the busy day ahead,only a short distance to the park from the hotel, brought my kids swimming in the evenings and the pool was lovely and clean...love this place.

Review collected in partnership with Disneyland Paris ®
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team – Disneyland Paris at Disney's Newport Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for your lovely comment.

I am glad that you liked the location of the hotel and our beautiful swimming pool.
I am looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We paid for the compass club honeymoon suite and so expected the rooms to be cleaned each day. However they left the sofa bed out all stay even after asking for it to be put away as we didn’t need it and wanted to use the sofa. Plus the bath was never cleaned the whole time which upset me considering the amount of money we paid.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We are extremely disappointed to hear this about your most recent stay.
We pride ourselves in each and every guest experiencing a 10/10 stay and we apologize that you did not feel this commitment.
Please know we have addressed your experiences with our front desk and housekeeping department so the issues you encountered do not repeat again.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I know you pay a premium for Disneyland properties, but this hotel was by far the worst Disneyland property I've ever stayed in. The staff was extremely curt upon check-in and forced us to line up in several successive lines just to reach the check-in desk after wanding us like criminals just to get into the lobby. The rooms lack character and seem quite cheaply appointed considering the price. They lack even mini-fridges and coffee makers, which I found extremely bizarre for a four-star hotel. Also bizarre was the fact that such a big hotel has only two real restaurants, one of which--the only full-service sit-down restaurant--is closed two nights of the week! Some of the staff's English abilities seemed noticeably poor compared to other Disney hotels I've stayed in across the world, which was surprising. The hotel is also on the far side from the Disney train station requiring a shuttle bus if you have luggage and has a bizarre set-up where if you enter from one side you're wanded and patted down like a criminal and from the other can walk right in. Many rooms have views primarily of other rooms even if they're described as "lakeview."

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team – Disneyland Paris at Disney's Newport Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Matthew,
I was so sorry to read your review and to learn of your experiences.

It is always disappointing to hear if a guest leaves dissatisfied for any reason.
I also took note of your comments in regards to staff interaction and overall brand standard experienced. Please rest assured that I have passed your comments onto the Leadership team for further review.

I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future, at which point I hope to restore some of your faith in our services.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Newport Bay looks very good, all fairly newly redecorated. we were in compass class and had a good service booking in, but we were disappointed at the size of the rooms, particularly as we were travelling with our disabled daughter who uses a wheelchair some of the time, and there was no where safe in the rooms to put it out of the way. We also found our rooms (by the lifts) very noisy - we could hear the lift mechanisms all night and any conversations of people waiting for the lifts. The food in the buffet and the main restaurant was very good, and teatime was exceptional. We found the room service staff quite intrusive, someone was trying to replace water etc (she just marched into the room) at 10.15 am when we were literally packing up our rooms to leave!

Review collected in partnership with Disneyland Paris ®
Team_DisneylandParis, Guest Experience Team – Disneyland® Paris at Disney's Newport Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and please rest assured that we will share your concerns with the appropriate members of our staff.
 It was our pleasure to welcome you and we will look forward to your return in the future.

Regards,
Ottavio

Reviewed 16 October 2017

After reading some of the reviews online regarding Disney Land Paris, particularly with regards to people stealing prams and lengthy check ins I was dreading this break. However, I have to say it was the most amazing trip and our 4 year old daughter loved it from start to finish.
We arrived at the hotel at around 11am and the reception area was extremely busy... oh no my worst nightmares were coming true and I had read that many people upgrade to compass club to avoid the check in queue...however this was not needed. Yes, only one person from your family can queue but this does make the process simpler. I was handed our paper work mid way and before I had filled it out I was at the front desk. This process took about 15 mins max. Our room wasn't ready so we handed our luggage to a storage room with a disc which we exchanged later on no problem.
The hotels and parks are really safe. You are scanned at the front entrance of the hotel and before the Disney village- bags are also x rayed.
Our standard room was lovely and clean, not too warm and had two double beds. Not many channels on TV but then again we were hardly ever in the room and weren't there for the TV.
We opted for half board which I think was the best option. It is a full breakfast buffet with healthy and not so healthy options. I did take snacks in our case for during the day for our daughter. We did also make up a few sandwiches from the breakfast buffet for during the day...other people seemed to be doing this too.
The evening food was a very pleasant surprise. Always a good selection of meat, fish, vegetables and salad. The desserts are a kids heaven..cornetto ice creams, sweets and one evening they had a chocolate tower.
We did go swimming one morning which was a nice break from the park. The pool was great with floats and toys for the kids.
After reading some horror stories online about prams getting pinched from outside rides and people locking prams to railings, I did buy a £60 cheap stroller before we went. The stroller did the job fine, didnt get pinched and we never saw anything like this going on.
The overall experience was fantastic and worth every penny to see my daughters face with the princesses. I would say Disney Paris is mainly for the under 10's as I think older ones might get bored. It was absolutely perfect for my 4 year old.
Another tip is to take costumes/dresses for children before you go and take them with you. A lot of the children wear them around the park and they are 70 euros to buy there.
The highlight of the trip was the fireworks at night. We went back to the hotel for tea at around 6pm, got her into her pjs, wrapped her up then walked back. They were a once in a lifetime experience. Just to add to that, the park is really close to the hotel, just a 10 minute walk. Overall, a wonderful family break and many memories were made.

Dear Guest,
It’s truly fantastic to read you had a great time at the Disney's Newport Bay Club.

I am delighted to hear that we have exceeded your expectations during your last stay with us as one of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of service.
We look forward to welcoming you again as a returning guest.

Regards,