3,060 results
All reviewsfat boyanimation teamsnack barrooms have a sea viewturkeyturkish batha la cartenext yearmain restaurantgreat holidaywater sportsevening entertainmenttui repplenty of sunbedsfantastic hotelfire showfish restaurant
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 16th August-23rd August 2012. First impressions: Great. Pulled up in the coach, thought "great, really modern, clean, rooms a good size." We arrived at 3:10am, and check in was quick, booked 2 twin rooms for a family of 4 and had these next door to each other, which i have to say I wasnt expecting, as we booked last minute.Views great, woke up to beautiful views of the sea and mountains, which was lovely. All rooms have a pool and sea view. Bathroom really clean, good size and plenty of space for clothes. TV has quite a few english channels, so if you have kids that like to watch a bit of tv in the afternoon, there are the usual programmes in english and if not, are subtitled .Floor 1 have large balconies, the rest are a decent size with towel rails, table and chairs. The hotel areas were clean and the food was good. Always in these hotels the restuarant serve the same thing everyday in a different sauce, which If you have been to all inclusive before you will know what to expect.I felt food particularly boring in comparison to some all inclusives we have been to. You will, however, always find something to eat, even if you are fussy.These are my positive comments.
Negative comments: Very rude staff, poor customer service on the recption desk, bars (all) & restaurant & in and around the hotel generally poor..unless you are turkish..then you are fine.
The experiences that we had were then confirmed when speaking to other families, who had experienced the same issues as we had..
Breakfast is 7-11am...but no cooked food until 8am, which means there is always a queue of 15 or so people for pancakes/omlettes. Late breakfast is 10-11am, but there is no hot food being cooked, so effecively if you want something other than "soapy" cereal with warm milk or fruit, then you have to go to breakfast at 8-9.30am.....is this a hoilday or what!! Why am I restricted to having to get up at 7.30 everyday on holiday?? One day we went down to breakfast at 10:15....there was nothing left, my daughter didnt eat so we decided that when the pancake tent opened (12:00-18:00) she would get some chocolate pancakes. They serve cheese, spinach, sugar and chocolate. Went at midday and was told that we were too early for chocolate...even though she is making them and filling them with whatever...apparently its too much trouble to put a spoonful of chocolate sauce in one pancake when asked... So the next day, we went back to the pancake tent for the same and was told we were too late for chocolate!!!! I was starting to feel like "goldilocks" Whilst we sat there, we watched half a dozen staff come out from behind the tent, where they had been smoking...this is supposed to be a 5* according to the turkish hotelier. The restuarant manager, when we asked about what time they started to cook hot breakfasts was standing in the middle of the restaurant texting.....Not good leadership. At the pool bars, the staff were too busy chatting amongst themselves to be bothered to serve you...and even if you were the 1st person at the bar, the turkish were served and we were ignored. The ice cream is only served between 3 and 5. There are only really ever 2 flavours and the english kids got 1 scoop and the turkish kids were, everyday, walking off with so much ice cream on their cones, they couldnt eat it quick enough...thats after they had pushed into a queue, that was usually about 20 because of the resticted times.
The animation team did very little I have to say. A few dances round the pool at 10am, then a game and that was it. My son waited all day in 50 degrees heat with another boy he had met to play football. Then was told that it was just going to be the adults...ok, fair enough...after half an hour, a couple of turkish boys came along and were told they could join in!!!! Not happy The animation team were polite, but either sat in there little hut playing turkish music that was so loud that it gave you a headache( I didnt mind the turkish music...you are in turkey after all)or played rave music...not very family orientated.
In the evening there was entertainment going on, the onlyr ok nite was the michael jackson nite. My daughter went off to the toilets most evenings and spent half an hour looking for a toilet with toilet paper...that to me is unexceptable, this is a turkish 5*, but is definately no more then a 3* I would never go back to this hotel again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone....thats just because of the staff. I was told that there are staffing issues at this hotel and it showed. We met a family who had been to the venosa last year and had rebooked this year. They experienced the same as us and worse and would never go back again. What a shame. I really hope you are reading this and you havent booked yet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Louise B
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Ön Büro Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I've left Venosa 3 weeks ago,The hotel is very good,rooms clean,a large variety of food,a lot of activities,but animation team was the best i've ever meet ! The best animators Ali G. and Theo , they made our holiday exceptional and we never forget on this holiday ! If i can , I would like to go back there now!Venosa is a good choice for an amazing holiday!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank PeteR J
VenosaBeachResortSpa, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in Venosa Beach Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

What a fantastic hotel!! A lovely resort fantastic for families and couples. I went with my hubby, my parents and my sister and her kids and they all loved it. There was something to do for everyone. Staff were polite and helpful and the animation team were great. Rooms were clean and spacious, towels were changed daily, the resort was always being cleaned. When they say it's all inclusive they mean it. It was non stop food and drink available all day, there was plenty of choices to choose from and there is a fantastic tent which serves 'Gozleme' from 12 - 6pm everyday - gozleme is like a pancake but only better with a choice of various fillings daily. Being a muslim it was fantastic to find a place where no pork was served - hooray! The only suggestion I can make is that the food be lablled with a V to show it is suitable for vegetarians.With all that food there was plenty to keep you busy and get rid of a few calories with the daily aqua aerobics and step. It was also great not to see topless women and young girls walikng around which made it comfortable for families. I loved the pools, sitting by a different one each day, evening entertainment was fun to keep you occupied for the night. There were 'dolmuses' that would take you in to town for about 50p, you just walk out of the hotel and wait 10-15 mins, its about 10 minute ride away, also you can visit local markets and other attractions. You must try the Al Acarte restaurants, the italian was the best. Made a few suggestions about the turkish one to our rep Stewartwho was great, it needed to have more choice for vegetarians, and ensured he would pass on the message. there was also guest relations going round asking if everything was ok and whether we needed anything. The only thing I needed was another ticket to go back again!. Oh and you must ry the turkish bath and full body massage, it's fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Em082012

Reviewed 10 August 2012

A great new hotel. I was there with his family in June and we were delighted. Everything is new, with stylish modern design. The pools are great, the beach has enough space. The food is fantastic. Staff - always smiling and helpful. Attractions nearby - Temple of Apollo, about 20 minutes dolmush.The best holiday!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank az100Sofia

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Place where is hotel was good , beach was nice too ,food was always delicious , hotel staff did not have any problems with serve you ..they was really friendly , but animation team was from everything the best ! Main the best animators Ali G. and Teo , they made our holiday exceptional and we never forget on this holiday ! If i can , I would like to go back there now :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family