“Spoilt by poor service”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2016

We did not stay here but visited the restaurant . Our experience was very much spoilt by the service. The lady who welcomed us and served us all evening ( in fact was the only person serving) after seating us commented that we had come to eat good food there because english food was so bad. We decided to drink wine by the glass as I wanted Rose and my husband wanted red. We ordered a second glass of Rose and the lady brought a different wine than I had first had and then argued with me when I refused to have it. She reluctantly served me another of the same but was obviously not happy as she had to open a new bottle to do so. The service was slow and although the food was OK the portion sizes were small. We don't eat large portions and often only have one plate, so for us to comment on this is unusual. We thought for what we had it was expensive and there are far nicer places to eat in the area. We were very disappointed as a friend had recommended this.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Stopped off here to have lunch on our way to StEmillion.
Plat du jour was good value at €13.50 per head.
Starter of calamari with salad, loved the tartare sauce too,
Main was Toulouse sausage with carrots, and lovely potato and parsnip mash, had Camembert as dessert, all in all a really nice fresh lunch. Staff made a big effort to speak English, and were generally very welcoming. Better value than eating in the more expensive area of StEmillion.

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I ate here the first night of our trip to St. Emilion. We had begun travelling late the prior night and were looking for a good, quick meal. We were not disappointed. The young service girl was very helpful and the food was fresh and tasty. My wife had a very nice salad (one of the few we were able to order in the area) and my duck break was cooked to perfection (medium rare) with a nice array of fresh vegetables. We had hoped to make it back for some of their delicious looking crepes but alas, our schedule did not allow. Definitely a place we will visit again.

1  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

We were staying in a gite way out in the country near Saint Emilion and were looking for a casual place for dinner at a reasonable price. Les Marronniers filled the bill. It had an extensive but reasonably priced menu ... as good wine selection and a pleasant terrace.

Perhaps most importantly it was outside Saint Emilion with all the crowds.

We both ordered galettes (like a crepe). Mine was with cheeses ... and it was like the best cheese dish ever. The total for two including a half bottle of local wine was 33 Euro.

1  Thank Auwaiku
Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

This is the third time we've been to this restaurant during vacations in the region. Every time has been excellent and enjoyable. For the first time, we took our kids (9, 7, 5) and it worked out great. Good food for the kids, not fussy, and wonderful service. Home style cooking, very high quality, good wine list, and great service. The setting is great as well, looking out over the vineyards as the sun sets, very peaceful. We will definitely return.