US$51
US$47
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$193
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$248
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Pool
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$363
US$104
Mantra Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$167
US$140
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$135
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$210
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$356
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$394/night.

All reviewsfisherman's villagebedroom bungalowsmall roadthree bedroomfamily bungalowperfect locationbophut beachindividual bungalowsbo phutsheets and towelssmaller poolon friday nightswalking streetpools are lovelyreally enjoyed our stay herenight marketbreakfast was included
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Our first visit to Samui and we did a research before our trip and fell for Smile house because of the positive reviews. We weren't disapointed as Smile House had a perfect location, wonderful staff, nice pools and great breakfast buffe. We stayed for 16 nights in a superior bungalow not far from the back pool, which is smaller but yet very nice and shady. The inlaws and grandmother stayed in a luxury terrace bungalow 2 bedroom chalet.Both very clean and always new clean towels and water daily.
The downside was the beach and ocean just outside which was very steep, but since the two pools were great and easy to access other beaches like Chaweng and Maenam it wasn't a problem, if you're traveling without smaller childern.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank saugustin
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We went to Smile House twice during our trip. First visit was booked in internet, and the second - directly in the island, since we found it the best.
The hotel is very nice, quiet, comfortable, friedly etc., but the most important is it's location:
1. Its in the tourist village with a lot of restorants and shops
2. The hotel is located across the seaside, so it has bouth its own beach with bar and sunbeds, and a large garden with 2 pools wich are protected from hot sun or sea wind.
There is a good choice of large bungalows with 2, 3 (and probably more - we didn't ask) bedrooms. Everything inside is very clean and comfortable.
Clean quiet sea, with a rather pickly sand and nice shells.
The only weak point is a breakfast - reasonable choise of fruts and cornflakes, and the rest - rather poor...
We really hope to return in Smile house next year.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mama_Masha9
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Another great stay at The Smile House - Unlike the weather The Smile House just keeps getting better.

This was out 3rd stay at the hotel and each time we have had a great welcome. The staff are fantastic and live up to the hotels name as you are always welcomed with a smile. The staff have remained the same for a few years, which to me shows that they are very happy in their work. You often see the owners of the hotel walking around ensuring the high standards are maintained.

The hotel is in a good location at the end of the main street in Bophut (Fisherman’s Village). The village itself is a very quiet laidback resort with various restaurants and bars to chill out and relax. The village has a really friendly feel, like the hotel in most places you get a great welcome.

As mentioned Bophut has numerous restaurants but there is no need to look any further than the restaurant at Smile House. We tried many of the restaurants and the food at smile house has to be amongst the best we experienced - Thai. Seafood and European. The restaurant at the hotel has been recently renovated and another added bonus is you can dine on the beach. I have to give a special mention to the Chef ‘Anon’ and his staff – the reason why I am now on a diet.

I can’t fault The Smile House – friendly, great location, great food, excellent value for money – I am sure you will enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scarlet22
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed here from 23rd-29th December 2011 with my partner. This was part two of our travels and had already been to Koh Lanta.
We arrived at Koh Samui airport which was definately unique. It was like landing outside your hotel resort. Got a shared taxi bus to the hotel which was quite easy to do from the airport.
We drove through Fishermans village and arrived at the hotel which is literally at the end. Brilliant location.
Staff were ok at the hotel but a bit snooty.
Got the keys to our room and our cases were taken with us following behind.
My, what a jungle they've got going on there. Through the jungle we walked and walked and walked. We finally came to our room, which was at the corner of the earth. Our view from the terrace was more jungle and a wall...Nice. We would have asked for a move but to be honest...I'm not sure what other view we would of had. Looking at the rooms by the pool etc, they couldn't of seen anything but the jungle outside either.
Cant fault the room itself. Clean, spacious enough and had a kettle etc. The terrace was quite big too.
Anyway, we werent there to spend time in the room so it wasn't so bad.
The two pools are very clean and pool area very nice.
The hotel do a laundry service, which we took advantage of. Our clothes were back within hours, clean, fresh and ironed.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Fishermans village is full of restaurants and a few bars so your never stuck for somewhere to go of an evening.
Would I stay again.....Probably not. Not for any reason other than it was a bit snooty for what it is.

Room Tip: If you like looking at large plants then any. Pool view? Forget it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emax38
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Stayed here in November, almost by chance after sporadic research and was absolutely delighted. Best location in Bo Phut, 50m from restaurants and bars of a quieter more relaxed nature than nearby Chaweng.
Main swimming pool, of two, was excellent for my 20m laps, and my superior bungalow was yards from it too. Room was very pleasant and cleaned daily but it was the warmth and kindness of the staff that particularly impressed me, exempified by the Manager, a young lady called Tik. Her local knowledge, well-spoken English, and charming manner throughout my week's stay, made my visit even more enjoyable and I shall return next year.
Good bars in Fisherman's Village, catering for the 40+ crowd mainly, plenty of Prem football if that is your bag (they didn't all turn the sound up!) and I would like to recommend two things.
Firstly, Friday's weekly 'Walking Street' which offers a mile of stalls, artifacts, food etc. Secondly, I must suggest Malee's cafe opposite 7eleven just outside Fisherman's Village, but well worth the walk, which may not have sea views or candles, but certainly serves the best thai food on the island at a more than reasonable price.

Room Tip: My superior bungalow was reasonably priced, close to the main swimming pool and therefore close to the bar and restaurant across the (very quiet) road. Small beach, and on my recent visit, I prefered the pool. I may give the bar more of my custom next time, as I probably neglected it a bit, and if the staff on the resort are anything to go by, I am sure it will prove to be a very charming place. There was a noisy week-long fair/concert during my stay, but I am reliably informed this event will move to another part of the island next November (presumably). Noise travels easily in such a relaxed and otherwise quiet atmosphere.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo