2,081 results
All reviews fisherman's village plunge pool chom dao beach bar main pool outdoor shower and bath koh samui deluxe room day bed bophut beach happy hour beach bag egg station our honeymoon busy road family mart large pool
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent 4 day stay at the Bandara. The staff were exceedingly helpful and polite. The food at breakfast was great and catered for all tastes and nationalities.
The rooms are comfortable and spacious with all the amenities. Several swimming pools to choose from and right on the beach.
The guest services arranged a minibus tour of the island for just the three of us for a reasonable price, much cheaper than the safaris on offer.
The nightlife at Fisherman’s Village was lively with good choices of food and happy hour drinks.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Gie K, other at Bandara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Jill R,

On Behalf of our entire team we would like to thank you for sharing your experience of your recent holiday with us at Bandara Resort & Spa Samui by posting your review here on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to read feedback such as yours and I am delighted to read of the various ways in which we were able to exceed your expectations. As always we are very happy when we make such a wonderful impact. Our team is personally dedicated by giving each and every guest a wonderful memory of Koh Samui and I am pleased that we have succeeded in this regard. Thank you once again for making Bandara Resort & Spa, Samui your preferred choice. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back and to deliver another pure Bandara Asian experience.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The Christmas and New Year celebrations can be overwhelming and stressful, so my husband with our 5yo son decided to have a 1 week holidays at Koh Samui.

If you are first time in Koh Samui just like us, choosing can be overwhelming as there a lot of choices but thanks to Ctrips, Skyscanner and Hardware Zone Forum Singapore, we discovered Bandara Hotel.

When we arrived there was an on going renovations, it was an ugly sight, but I think it should be finished by this time.

We are not really bothered by the renovation going on because we got lucky that there was available villa and the hotel gave us the villa which is at the back of the Chom Dao Restaurant and a walking distance to the beach! Our Villa is beautiful and quiet, we have our own pool, an outside bath tub and shower. The housekeeping ensured that our room is always clean and comfortable in every way. One tip that I learned is that, when you are about to check in, ask if there are some promotions going on, maybe they can upgrade your room for a minimal fees.

Bandara staff are friendly and helpful but one staff that we will not forget is Lawrence, who is their Operations Manager, because of his incredible customer service, he gave us good and practical advise regarding where to shop, eat and important information to make your hotel worthwile.

For us the hotel location is really convenient, estimated 15 mins drive from the airport, walking distance to the Fisherman’s village, Diving Academy, night market and opposite the hotel are side by side spa, water sports and a convenience store.

As for the beach, the sand is not as fine as Chaweng Beach but I prefer to be in this area than Chaweng Beach because it is very dirty, you can see trash everywhere.

Another tip that I learned from staying at this hotel is that, for your activities and tours, dont look somewhere else, try to arrange directly on your hotel because usually the hotel staff will try it first if its good or not. You can be sure that you are safe and will really have a great time.

Overall, our stay at Bandara is great and will definitly return and recommend to friends

Hope my reviews can help you decide which hotel to stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jetaimeyves
Gie K, Events Manager at Bandara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear jetaimeyves,

We would like to thank you very much for sharing your experiences of your recent holiday in our resort with us by posting your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoy our hotel, facilities and services offered. And that you’re recent stay meet & exceed your expectation. I am very glad that we are part of this amazing journey. Your praises will be shared to LANCE who make it more especial and to all our team that make a wonderful experience. There is nothing more rewarding to read that you felt the service provided by our dedicated team was great and attentive. I am very confident this will be another motivation for all of us to be committed and achieve the highest satisfaction.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

The structure is nice, good swimming pool, nice place on the beach and pretty garden. It is in my opinion slightly pricy but not that much. However it will never be a five star if they don’t fix the kitchen. It is unbelievable how mediocre the food is compared to other services. Still pretty good hotel anyways

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear SIFX,

We are delighted that in various ways you are satisfied with our hotel, facilities and services. We take not of your comment regarding our kitchen and share this with our team and management and see how we can improve our shortfall. We would hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back for another great experience here at Bandara Resort & Spa, Samui soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

My husband took the Thai cooking class this morning with Chef Nat in the Chom Dao Restaurant at the Bandara Resort and Spa. I did not sign up but was invited to follow alongside to take photos and perhaps learn something new. We started with a visit to the herb garden behind the restaurant, then reviewed the recipes my husband had chosen earlier, and all the ingredients required. Chef Nat started with some basic knife skills and cooking safety, demonstrating before letting you have a try. Step by step, three dishes were prepared with helpful tips provided along the way. We enjoyed eating this lovely lunch afterwards and my husband was very pleased to get a certificate for the class! Chef Nat has a great sense of humor and made the class interesting and fun. It was great to get some tips from someone with that much experience. An excellent activity that is well worth the money!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine G

Dear Elaine G,

On Behalf of our entire team we would like to thank you for sharing your experience of your recent holiday with us at Bandara resort & Spa Samui by posting your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable and interesting holiday experience with us. . As always we are very happy when we make such a wonderful impact. I'm glad that you found helpful tips to our Chef Nat during your Thai Cooking Class. Your kind words of appreciation will surely motivate our team that I’m sure will make them inspired & will surely continue to provide and deliver the best of service to each of our guests. Our team is personally dedicated by giving each and every guest a wonderful memory of Koh Samui and I am pleased that we have succeeded in this regard.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Good rooms, beautiful gardens, but the staff are the real champions here. Super friendly and professional. I needed to bring my luggage over to Fisherman street and they promptly offered to drive me there for free. This is the kind of proactive problem solving that will make me return to a hotel. Thanks Bandara!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Gie K, Events Manager at Bandara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear 50Countries00,

We would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor and share your great experience with us and all other readers. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time and really enjoyed staying with us at Bandara Resort & Spa, Samui.

As always we are delighted when we make such a wonderful impact, and I am thrilled to hear that your stay was up to your expectation. Our team is personally dedicated by giving each and every guest a wonderful memory of Koh Samui and I am pleased that we have succeeded in this regard. Thank you for staying with us during your recent travels to Samui. We look forward to welcoming you back again here at Bandara Resort & Spa Samui.

With Kind Regards,