We come to Samui for many years now. We stayed in many many Villas. But Villa Blackbeard is simply the best! The Design, cleanliness, fittings and high end professional service (Villa Manager and Maid) made our stay unforgettable. It´s a truely romantic and peaceful place. The Villa is located in the Bophut Hills close to the golf course. Beautiful views to Chaweng Beach and the Bophut Valley.
You need a car because the Villa is located in the Bophut Hills. The Villa manager organized a very good new car for a very cheap price. The car was brought and picked up from the Villa so we did not have to arrange anything. In any way you will need a car on the island to explore and get to the best beaches which are all around the island.
Don´t miss the Sunset on the West Cost! Incredible beautiful and romantic. We suggest to have a Sun Downer @ famous Beach Club Nikki Beach! A 100% cool and hip place.
We already plan our next trip and stay in Villa Blackbeard. THX THX THX!
First and foremost I would like to say that the villa from outside is very appealing and does look like pure luxury. We did enjoy our stay but worked round the omissions, the flaws with the villa and did spend most of our time out of the villa with our wedding guests. We booked this thinking it would be perfect for our wedding and honeymoon. Far from it.
I would also like to admit we did lose a key and due to window being open a lampshade was damaged.
In terms of complaints re the rental and owners, I have listed below.
1. Nobody picked us up at airport. Advised that their Apple Mac did not display correct times. We had to pay taxi to villa and take a chance that somebody was around. After an hour in the baking heat, I found the temporary manager. We then had access.
2. The villa does not have all that is advertised on their website or Facebook page.
- No Sky/Cable
- No minibar
- No bathrobes
- No jacuzzi bath tub
- No microwave
There is no dishwasher, agreed it's not advertised but a rental of this cost should. I have since found that it is advertised on Trip Advisor.
3. The villa has 3 safes. One is locked and cannot be used. One is not fixed but valuables can be stored! The other proved problematic and we were a able to gain access to all our money, passports, all valuables!!!
4. The upper area in the villa is almost unusable due to no aircon and is essentially a sauna. This was only used in the morning to have breakfast and never used at night.
5. The villa needs a good clean, paint and substantial overhaul to merit the money being charged.
6. Electricity is charged above the rental and we were shocked when asked for a further 200 euro. Energy prices in Thailand appear to be more expensive than Europe and Australia. We were charged 10 baht (20 pence/33 Aus cent) per unit which appears to be all most 3 times the rate inclusive of VAT. The average rate appears to be 3.75 baht per unit.
7. We were asked to pay 300 euro to replace 3 lampshades, as one had been damaged by the wind and then cut by the cleaner! We were advised that these were costly shades from Bali and new!! Then the other owning party advises they were 6 years old. We were happy to pay but these costs are ridiculous.
8. The villa is advertised as a 6 person villa but two of the bedrooms adjoin making it slightly uncomfortable for two couples. I would suggest it's only a 2 couple and 2 kids rental.
9. Sunbathing only accommodates 2 people, as only two sun beds.
10. Given the location of the villa and the greenery, it's very hard to sunbath and is not ideal if you plan to try and get a tan.
11. The pool was murky and rather unpleasant to swim in. This was advised but brown water is really not appealing to swim in.
12. Rubbish has to be removed and transported to ring road, as no bins to store or removal by maid. This is down to you.
13. On our final day we expected to pay for the misplaced key/new lock cleaning, electricity and the single lampshade. The temporary villa manger under instruction from owner in Budapest advised that if we didn't agree they would keep full deposit. My wife was party to these rather unpleasant emails/texts between Thai villa manager and owner. We were not happy with the costs which essentially retained our 1000 euros.
I want to make it clear that we offered to pay and my wife's parents are witnesses to this but payment or a fair agreed position other than full retention was not forthcoming. These owners are not to he trusted and deem themselves to be business people. I can assure you that they only have one thing in mind which is to con and retain your deposit up and above the rental. My advice is steer clear of this villa and villa Barbossa.
I fully expect a response from the owners, contradicting the picture I have painted. However I have 28 wedding guests who visited over our stay, who will verify and substantiate my review. There are other reviews which are of a similar vain and I suggest you need to make your own call. I am well travelled and have never encountered such a bad experience as this.
We stayed in Villa Blackbeard for 3 nights this month. Location: TOP, Nearby Beaches: TOP, Villa: Outstanding! This is probably the most beautiful Villa we have ever been in Thailand! The price performance ratio is unbeatable. When we arrived we couldn´t believe that all this is ours for our stay. Villa Blackbeard is a big luxury designer Villa with a lush tropical garden, a big pool and a loft style living area from where you have a very nice Seaview to Chaweng Beach. The villa was very clean and in perfect condition. If you love luxury and style this is the place you should stay on Samui. I can recommend without any doubt to anybody!
I´m and expat working for a big company in Bangkok. I and my girlfriend stayed in Villa Blackbeard 4 nights for a longer weekend. The Villa is the perfect Island Getaway. Secluded in the rainforest and coconut hills of Bophut but still close to everything you can enjoy fully privacy and a very romantic villa with very nice seaview. We got daily maid service inclusive a very good and lovely made breakfast. A big thank to Kylee, the villa manager! She really took care about us and arranged everything for a more then perfect stay! 150% Satisfaction! See ya soon because it´s only a 1 hour flight from BKK ;-)...
Another great holiday in Samui. The right place and the perfect villa. Seaview, close to everything and a very lovely and peacful place. The lightning and the pool of this villa are gorgeous!