See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

Excellant value for money , large cabanas with balcony in garden setting with 2 swimming pools and private beach. Staff very helpful and food good we enjoyed our seven day stay . It is also a very peacful part of Samui.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Been there in 2014, what a nice hotel by the beach. You can spend the whole day on the beach or at the swimming. We got the room right next to the second pool which we always have the pool to our self.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaratpong
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Having spent the last 10 days touring the islands and experiencing the excellent and friendly customer service at different locations and from different activities I was bitterly disappointed that this resort was not on par.

Though everything seemed adequate I would best described this as a place in need of TLC , upkeep and maintenance. The rooms are dark and lighting is poor and this felt depressing. The jacuzzi , whilst looking beautiful, did not reassure the user with it's chipped tiles and submerged wires hanging out. It didn't work either.

The beach looks lovely and the views from the restuarant are worth at least one visit. Though the food was pleasant and portions reasonable I felt the extra charges to be excessive. Given the prices were the most expensive I paid on the island it certainly wasn't the best food.

The biggest draw backs are the hidden costs and the customer service. Alas, I woudn't recommend the place.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Allison A
Reviewed 8 April 2015

I spent two amazing weeks in this fabulous resort in March 2014. It was the best holiday I have ever had. The resort is on a small bay (Samrong Bay) on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. It is enough far from the crowd of Chaweng, but it takes just 10 minutes to get into the center by car or motorcycle. It is easy to rent a motorcycle, because there is a small grocery store and motor rental in front of the hotel. The staff of Arayaburi was also kind, professional and helpful. I loved the breakfast with the wide range of fresh fruits and other delicacies. The view from the restaurant was marvelous! Our delux bungalow was perfect and it had a special intimate atmosphere with its oriental design and cute terrace. The beach is not so long, but you can use bean bags and sun beds for free during your sun-bathing. There are two swimming pools in the area of the resort, one next to the beach and one between the bungalows surrounded by the beautiful garden. If I go back to Koh Samui one day, I am sure that I will choose Arayaburi again! I recommend this hotel for everyone who are looking for a beautiful resort on a secret bay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2015

Lovely place for couples to relax. White sand and blue see, beautiful garden. Simple, nice and cheep Country bar 400m from the reception along the road uphill. To travel to Chaweng they provide the shuttle bus fot 100 baht.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple