“This trip was the highlight of our honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of In Sea Speedboat

In Sea Speedboat
More attraction details
Owner description: In Sea Speedboat Koh Samui is a PADI & BSAC snorkeling and scuba diving tour operator in Koh Samui, Thailand. We also offer private charters and speed boat taxis to the Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan and beach front accommodation along Big Buddha beach in Koh Samui.Our PADI & BSAC scuba diving and snorkeling tours to Koh Tao and Ang Thong National Marine Park are always by speed boat, the fastest and most comfortable way to get there. We operate our tours daily from Koh Samui.To set us apart from other PADI & BSAC snorkeling and scuba diving operators in Koh Samui, we put a great deal of time and effort into our level service so that your time with us is memorable.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This trip was the highlight of our honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We did the discover scuba diving at Koh Tao and we chose to do two dives as we had already done something similar in Caines, Australia. Steve our instructor was great and made us feel very comfortable.

We hired a digital camera on the day and Steve took some amazing pictures for us. I would recommend hiring a digital camera as the pictures are really good quality.

If you havent tried scuba diving before I would recommend trying it in Koh Tao with In Sea Speedboat as the crew and diving instructor were very professional and the different sites that you can visit in my opinion are better than the barrier reef. We went into caves near Koh Tao and saw some amazing sealife so I think Thailand is the best place for scuba diving.

2 Thank Edwina T

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Made our day !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My wife and I booked In Sea Speedboat, for a day trip to Koh Tao (Scuba Diving). We were 1st time divers, and had no idea about diving. Our instructor Steve, was very helpful and extremely patient with us. Taught us the basics of diving and did a little orientation course with us. However my wife panicked in our 1st dive and developed cold feet. Steve was still very understanding and tried to persuade her to give it another shot. However, we decided to skip the 2nd dive and instead chose snorkeling.

Snorkeling with them was also a pleasurable experience. Since we didnt dive the 2nd time, it was very sweet of Steve to go down at the bottom and bring a shell, as souvenir ! It really made our day !

Their speedboat was in good condition and comfortable. I would definitely recommend others to dive/snorkel with them. I know, I would do it again !

paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Discover the great sights of koh tao and feel like cattle”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We've been to koh tao for one day boat trip with in sea speedboat. First thing to know: we were 40 passengers on the speedboat. It is a lot. It is basically like being on a bus except bumpier. No wonder people got sick. You arrive to the first spot ( we were promised 5), an island across koh tao. Wonderful scenery. Too bad hundreds of people were there at the same time. Fair enough, it is a small island and they don't control who does what. But it seems everybody has the same schedule for the day, so we'll follow the horde all day long.
then it is lunch time. We've been in thailand two weeks, and it is our first bad meal. Very bad. Atrocious is more like it, cold, no taste.
then third stop mango bay. Koh tao is so pretty. Again all the boats are here together and it is snorkeling avenue at rush hour. Plus the water is blurry and you can't see [--]. Why aren't we at the other spot now that everybody's here?
that's it, back to koh samui. No fourth and fifth stop. Back to the cattle bus with the people puking. The crew is very nice, pleasant and all, but the service is nowhere matching the 2200 baht it cost.
the day after we went to ang thong national park with dive wishes. 14 people on the boat and the meal was delicious. Some spots with everybody but we got at least some time on a paradise beach with just us. Same price, 2200 baht, you know what i mean?

InSeaSpeedboat, Scuba Diving Manager at In Sea Speedboat, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Hi there,

Our sincerest thanks for your comments.

To be honest I have to agree with you for the most part regarding the day you experienced. It was unusually busy that day for our company and Ko Nang Yuan and I can understand your point of view, likewise however, I hope you can understand ours:

The speed boat you were on had 39 passengers + 3 crew, a total of 42 for a boat licensed for 47. Unfortunately as much as we would like, we do not control the weather or water conditions. It is the water conditions that cause the bumpiness and thus people becoming sick, not the amount of people on board. We do provide sea sickness tablets before our tour starts free of charge but often people fail to take advantage of them. Obviously we have no control over the visibility, some days are just better and some days are worse, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Indeed on that particular day there were a great deal of people on Ko Nang Yuan, which is not typical. We do have control over the schedule but in our experience, it is often even busier in the afternoon on Ko Nang Yuan, which is why we choose to go in the morning time. Also in the afternoon the water conditions in the main snorkeling area can become rough as the tides are changing. We don't control the number of people descending on the island or other tour companies, only our own, and in this case the best course of action was to visit in the morning even though it was unusually busy.

I do not know where you got the information from but you are in no way promised 5 stops by our company. It is only 3 stop tour as indicated in our brochure, and for very good reason. If there were 5 stops, the time it takes to get everyone back on the boat, move to another site, moor up and then for people to get in the water would cost anywhere from 20-30 minutes. So 2 extra stops would cost you up to an hour of your tour time sitting on the boat being transferred, getting to or getting off the boat. I think the majority of people would prefer not to waste that time.

The inconsistency of the food served at the restaurant is something that is known to us. Unfortunately we have a contract with them until the end of this month after which we will be changing to a new restaurant. I do sincerely apologise to you for this.

Finally, whilst I appreciate you had a better experience with another company at the marine park but you cant compare Ang Thong Marine Park to Ko Tao & Ko Nang Yuan. Ang Thong Marine Park is far larger and offers far more choice. I'd imagine you didnt come across our own company on your tour either, that runs daily, because our schedule is also such that you rarely encounter other companies as well.

Unfortunately, as with any tour, anywhere in the world, some days can be busy, some days can be quiet, some days the water can be good, some days bad, that's just how it goes and sadly for you it was both busy and poor water conditions, which gave you enough cause to review us negatively.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Stephen
Boise, Idaho
“Scuba cert with a good instructor and for cheap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

This would have gained an excellent rating the boat broke down in the middle of the ocean for about ten minutes. The Captain fixed it and had us back on track. If you are getting your scuba cert do it here! One on one instruction for almost nothing! Great staff was eager to help. A rare luxury in Thailand!

Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
“professional, learning, fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

It was a great pleasure to learn how to dive for the first time in my life. Our instructor Steve Dalton was very helpful, patient and informative. I will definitely go again for the 18 meters license with coach Steve next year. It's an experience I advise everyone to go for. nothing matches the beauty of the under-waters when you learn how to do it properly, having a great feeling of confidence after you master the basic skills.

Visited December 2011