“Great Muay Thai resort”
Review of Superpro Samui

Superpro Samui
Ranked #16 of 227 Speciality Lodging in Bophut
Reviewed 30 September 2012

First off all I would like to thank the trainers for the great and though workouts. I spend allmost 3 weeks at Super Pro and really improved my Muay Thai skills.
The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean.
The complex of Super Pro also includes a kitchen so you can prepare your own shakes and meals.
I will definitly go back in the near future.

2  Thank Reijemtim

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I didn't stay at SuperPro - I was there (for the second time) for the training. However, I was so impressed with what's on offer that I wanted to share it with those looking for opportunities to participate in Muay Thai or MMA as part of a holiday.

I really can't praise the co-owner Robbie and his team highly enough. The trainers are a fantastic bunch of guys. Yes, they're tough (what's the point in being there if they weren't!) but they are also incredibly patient, supportive and encouraging. They really put you through your paces (especially in the heat of Thailand) but they do it with great fun - and a sense of humour. These guys are just brilliant and, by the end of my week, I felt liked I'd also made some new buddies.

Crucial to Superpro's success (in my opinion) is that the trainers treat everyone as equal. I am not a young guy but I am in good shape, so I want a serious workout but I don't want to feel left out of it just because I'm not up there with some of the others when it comes to experience or technique. At no point in either of my visits did I ever feel that.

In summary, if you'd like some serious training (and some fun) just as part of a holiday, or because you are seriously into Muay Thai or MMA, you won't be disappointed if you choose Superpro.

3  Thank Travelnut113
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Trained recently at Superpro Samui and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I did not stay at the resort so this review will be of the training facilities only and not the accommodation facilities.

SuperPro has both personal ‘one on one’ training as well as morning and afternoon group sessions available and is very well equipped, with both Muay Thai and MMA training facilities along with a separate weights and cardio area for those wanting to work out which you can do without participating in Muay Thai classes if you choose. There are 2x rings and 1x full size MMA cage plus a separate training area for the morning and afternoon class sessions. The Russian National team was staying and training at Superpro whilst I was there so this gives you an idea as to the quality of training and accommodation facilities available.

Training is very flexible and you decide what you want to do which is very important. There is no pressure and beginners are most welcome….. There are morning and afternoon class sessions (2hrs each) in duration. You are welcome to do one or both or none is entirely up to you. I did mostly one on one sessions in the mornings with a personal trainer beau (Many thanks) after my weights sessions as this suited my time on the Island better but you can decide what suits you best.

Staff is very friendly and experienced and is the main reason for my excellent rating. I have trained at several of the large camps in Thailand and this is easily the most friendly and welcoming. Training needs to be intense sure but for me it also needs to be fun and I could not fault this place at all. We shared many laughs and hung out after hours also at the numerous fight nights to support the SuperPro fighters both local Thai nationals and Foreigners.

All in all a great training facility, clean with excellent friendly staff and I highly recommend it to anybody thinking of training in Koh Samui. I have already booked my next trip back later in the year.

Room Tip: If you are staying at Chaweng Beach and not at SuperPro hire a scooter and ride in and out like i di...
5  Thank Derek1971
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is average, and reminds me more of a dorm. It had decent beds and average rooms. Came with a safe and a tv so it was fine, but I was there for the Muay Thai! What a great workout! Great instructors, great facilities. It was an amazing experience!

If you stay at this place with your spouse and they are not into working out, then they will not have a good experience. First class starts at 8am and it is loud until 10am. The gym below is open as well so there is music going on all day. The next class starts at 5pm until 7pm. Basically there is noise all day, so if you think you are going to be relaxing, then think again.

We would train in the morning, shower and hit Chaweng beach for the rest of the day until the next class. We were sore and beat up, but it was an awesome experience that I would not trade for anything. If I could live like that for a few months just training and going to the beach I would!

This is the place to be if you want to train Muay Thai!

Room Tip: I am thinking it is loud anywhere you stay, unless you stay off the facilities and drive in. Make su...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank AngelCanada
Reviewed 12 January 2012

As soon as i landed on the Island Koh Samui i was sold. The tropical atmosphere, nice people, good weather and amazing food made me feel at home right away. In the beginning i was scared to visit Superpro Samui. This was the first time i visited a muay thai camp and i did not what to expect. I am a beginner and the main reason was to lose weight and get fit and learn the basics. When I arrived at Superpro Samui i was welcomed friendly and i felt comfortable. Then i experienced the best 30 days ever. The training was awesome. All trainers were very friendly and really skilled. They took all the time for me and helped me patiently accomplishing my goals. I love this place. Great rooms, great atmosphere and very professional and clean facilities. This will be for sure something i will do a year

Room Tip: stay on side. Great rooms and great atmosphere
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Julia L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
6.4 km away
6.5 km away
Eden Beach Bungalows
Eden Beach Bungalows
#7 of 227 in Bophut

Been to Superpro Samui? Share your experiences!