“Time to Relax”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 9 August 2017

What a beautiful property, gorgeous view, great cocktails at the cocktail bar and walking distance to Fishermans Village where the great beach bar Coco Tams is, local shopping and some great eats for dinners out from woodfire pizza to delicious fish and lobster. The pool is lovely, towels provided and very close to the pool bar. Would recommend to anyone looking for some down time. Breakfast covers every sort of dish you need and served barista coffee. Make sure you try a nutella and banana crape from one of the street carts around.

Room Tip: I was really hoping for a front on beach view however as I was travelling with a friend all twin ro...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
JF_Moracchini, General Manager at Hansar Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Jodie M,

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our beautiful property, great infinity pool with sea-view and tasty cocktails at our beach bar.

Our location is one of the best, in a very quiet area but only few minutes away from Fisherman's village and all activities which is ideal for relaxing.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hansar Samui or in another property of our Group.

General Coordinator and Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,404)

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

At best, this is a 3 star resort.
Best features are the beach access and the large sized rooms. I wanted to love this place but the service was so poor, the pool bar staff are rude and the breakfast was a disgrace. the beach is ok, but not serene with the buzzing of bogans on jet skis either side of the swim nets all day. We spent 4 days on the lounges on the beach and had only one person offer us a drink.
The day spa experience was a joke. Dark and lacking any soul or warmth. The massage girls clearly had not been trained. Zero massage technique.
At night you can hear the music of coco tams bar all night. thumping base.
Won't be returning. Very disappointed. :(

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alana S
JF_Moracchini, General Manager at Hansar Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Alana S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hansar on your recent visit to Samui and taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor.

However, on behalf of Hansar, I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you faced during your stay at our hotel. You can be assured that each of your comments have been taken into consideration and shared with the appropriate departments to understand what happened and we will look into the areas for improvement.

We would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve the highest level of hospitality while maintaining at an affordable and competitive price. We are truly disappointed that you did not receive the same experience that we have been awarded for in terms of service and product.

We truly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at Hansar Samui in order to show you that the experience you had is not indicative of the high standards and top quality we provide at our hotel. You can contact me personally on jeanfrancois.m@hansarhotels.com and I will be more than happy to discuss further with you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I stayed at Hansar Samui Resort from July 29th - August 1st, 2017. This wasn't my first time there. In fact, every time I go to Samui, this boutique hotel has always been top of mind due to their unparalleled customer service, second-to-none facilities, and location in Bo Phut (aka Fisherman's Village) with so many amenities and restaurants nearby. No matter how far apart my visits were, the staff always remembered me and my preferences. I feel like it's time that I share my personal views of this fantastic boutique hotel with the TripAdvisor community, so that other travelers to this famous island can experience what I did.

All rooms are ocean-facing and the hotel offers a private beach, which is really nice given how most beaches in Samui can be overcrowded during peak season. The bed is super comfortable and pillows so soft (but not soft enough to hurt your neck the next day!). Note that this hotel doesn't have an elevator. There are only 3 stories, all connected by stairs. The pool is at least 25m long and is a salt-water pool. Really lovely if you just want a quick dip to cool off from the sun or for any of you who like to fit in exercise during your vacation, it's perfect for lap swimming. Did I mention that the pool overlooks the ocean? There is also a fully-eqipped gym with state-of-the-art equipment.

For those with kids, K. Yui, Rungthip, runs the kids' program and keep them occupied, allowing parents to enjoy their alone time at the pool or beach (some with cocktails). My 5-year old niece and 2-year-old nephew no doubt became her biggest fans and we could barely pry them away from her.

The spa at the hotel is exquisite, albeit on a more expensive side. The professional staff make up for it though. There's a variety of spa services to choose from - traditional Thai massage, Swedish massage, coconut skin exfoliation, facials, etc. Having said that, there are many spa and massage places in the Fisherman's Village, a short walk away from the hotel, where you can get services at much cheaper rates.

Food and drinks are expensive at Hansar Samui - it's a 5-star hotel overall! In my opinion, the Western food was better than the Thai dishes they served. Best to try it once and then explore restaurant options in the Village. For drinks, there are 3 happy hour times throughout the day, where you can get 2 for 1 drink. The beach bar is amazing, particularly during the evening happy hours.

The customer service at Hansar Samui is what impressed me the most. K. Yui, Rungthip and K. Perry Reyes were remarkable, as all the front-desk, restaurant, and housekeeping staff. I recently spent my birthday there at Hansar Samui but having to end the trip one day short because I caught the flu. K. Perry had previously asked me what I wouid like for my birthday and I said "New York cheesecake" knowing full well that they didn't have that on the menu. Once they learned that we were leaving early, K. Perry ensured that I'd still get my wish and the Hansar restaurant staff surprised me with the most delicious birthday New York cheesecake during breakfast (note: the head chef started making it at midnight instead of in the morning had we stayed another night!). That's what I call a special and differentiated customer service! I couldn't keep a smile off my face for the rest of the day!

I would highly recommend Hansar Samui to anyone wishing to have a relaxing holiday in Samui. Never once was I ever unimpressed with any aspects of how this great high-end boutique is run and has to offer.

If I happen to play a small part in your decision to choose stay at Hansar Samui, make sure you say hi to Yui (Rungthip) and Perry! You will have an amazing time under these people's care and the rest of the ever-so-friendly staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor. You won't have privacy on your balcony with people walking...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pairry S

Dear Pairry S,

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us again, our great location, infinity pool with sea-view as well as great personalised service.

Our location is one of the best, in a very quiet area but only few minutes away from Fisherman's village and all activities. As you mentioned, it is very convenient and clearly one of the perfect place for relaxing.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had a wonderful time staying at the Hansar! Although the beach might not be the best, the hotel and its position right at the edge of the vivid fisherman's village totally compensate this. My favorites were the big balcony facing the sea and of course the breakfast with an incredible choice of egg dishes. :D

The service is extraordinary - and we would like to thank Mr. Perry, the most dedicated guest relation manager I've met so far! He really made us feel home and most welcome.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lfloerl

Dear lfloerl,

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our great property, huge and comfortable rooms with sea-view as well as great personalised service.

It seems that you had a perfect stay with us ! Our location is one of the best, in a very quiet area but only few minutes away from Fisherman's village and all activities.
At Hansar our top priority is to provide our Guest with a great personalised servie and top quality products. We are truly happy to read that you appreciated our Service and especially our Guest relation Manager.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

It seemed a bit strange when we arrived at the front entrance in the middle of the afternoon and it was empty. No staff, no porter to help us with our bags. Sleepy island life we thought so we carried our own bags in. The check-in lobby was a bit closed in, dark and hot so first impressions weren't great. Our room was a big open Xl room with a huge balcony looking directly at the pool area. The room was nice just like the photos on the web. The gym was lacking equipment but you could make do with basic exercise. The pool area was great but service was virtually non existent. No one to give us towels, no one brought us water and no one taking our drinks orders. Breakfast buffet was nothing special and the service was basic... when one of the staff refer to you as 'brotha' you kinda feel like you're sitting at a hawker's stall rather than a 5 star resort (self rated of course).

One morning I accidentally left a small protein container at the breakfast table and by the time I realised my mistake at lunch time and called reception, it had probably been thrown out, as no one had seen it. This is a bit annoying because I had left things on the breakfast table at other hotels and they were never thrown out. In fact, at one hotel in KL, a note was delivered to my room asking me to pick up a bag that I had left at the breakfast table. So a bit more training for the staff at Hansar wouldn't go astray.

We stayed 5 nights and every morning I get a bad back. Couldn't really work out why the first couple of days and put it down to long flights but the problem didn't go away so I started paying attention to my routine and realised that the mattress was the culprit. My girlfriend's side of the mattress was fine but my side was so worn that it caves in around my lower back area which caused lower back pain. Should have asked the mattress to be replaced but I thought i only had 2 nights left and I didn't want to cause a fuss. Anyway bad mistake cos by the fifth night, I couldn't sleep.

There's kind of a cartel going on at Fishermans Village around taxi fares because all the vendors we saw advertised the exact same price to all destinations around the island so we asked reception to recommend and book us a reliable service. To our astonishment, the taxi service that the hotel booked us is their own 'taxi' service driven by the porter. So now I understand why there was no one to help us with our bags when we arrived!

Very disappointing overall and won't be coming back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple