I stayed at Hansar Samui Resort from July 29th - August 1st, 2017. This wasn't my first time there. In fact, every time I go to Samui, this boutique hotel has always been top of mind due to their unparalleled customer service, second-to-none facilities, and location in Bo Phut (aka Fisherman's Village) with so many amenities and restaurants nearby. No matter how far apart my visits were, the staff always remembered me and my preferences. I feel like it's time that I share my personal views of this fantastic boutique hotel with the TripAdvisor community, so that other travelers to this famous island can experience what I did.
All rooms are ocean-facing and the hotel offers a private beach, which is really nice given how most beaches in Samui can be overcrowded during peak season. The bed is super comfortable and pillows so soft (but not soft enough to hurt your neck the next day!). Note that this hotel doesn't have an elevator. There are only 3 stories, all connected by stairs. The pool is at least 25m long and is a salt-water pool. Really lovely if you just want a quick dip to cool off from the sun or for any of you who like to fit in exercise during your vacation, it's perfect for lap swimming. Did I mention that the pool overlooks the ocean? There is also a fully-eqipped gym with state-of-the-art equipment.
For those with kids, K. Yui, Rungthip, runs the kids' program and keep them occupied, allowing parents to enjoy their alone time at the pool or beach (some with cocktails). My 5-year old niece and 2-year-old nephew no doubt became her biggest fans and we could barely pry them away from her.
The spa at the hotel is exquisite, albeit on a more expensive side. The professional staff make up for it though. There's a variety of spa services to choose from - traditional Thai massage, Swedish massage, coconut skin exfoliation, facials, etc. Having said that, there are many spa and massage places in the Fisherman's Village, a short walk away from the hotel, where you can get services at much cheaper rates.
Food and drinks are expensive at Hansar Samui - it's a 5-star hotel overall! In my opinion, the Western food was better than the Thai dishes they served. Best to try it once and then explore restaurant options in the Village. For drinks, there are 3 happy hour times throughout the day, where you can get 2 for 1 drink. The beach bar is amazing, particularly during the evening happy hours.
The customer service at Hansar Samui is what impressed me the most. K. Yui, Rungthip and K. Perry Reyes were remarkable, as all the front-desk, restaurant, and housekeeping staff. I recently spent my birthday there at Hansar Samui but having to end the trip one day short because I caught the flu. K. Perry had previously asked me what I wouid like for my birthday and I said "New York cheesecake" knowing full well that they didn't have that on the menu. Once they learned that we were leaving early, K. Perry ensured that I'd still get my wish and the Hansar restaurant staff surprised me with the most delicious birthday New York cheesecake during breakfast (note: the head chef started making it at midnight instead of in the morning had we stayed another night!). That's what I call a special and differentiated customer service! I couldn't keep a smile off my face for the rest of the day!
I would highly recommend Hansar Samui to anyone wishing to have a relaxing holiday in Samui. Never once was I ever unimpressed with any aspects of how this great high-end boutique is run and has to offer.
If I happen to play a small part in your decision to choose stay at Hansar Samui, make sure you say hi to Yui (Rungthip) and Perry! You will have an amazing time under these people's care and the rest of the ever-so-friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut