Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
Official Hotel
US$620
US$588
View deal
SAVE US$32
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$620
All reviews heaven on earth yoga classes each meal healthy food costa rica cooking class per day day pass slice of heaven turn down service soups an excursion head chef pool and jacuzzi morning hike every staff member real highlight
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

Before heading to the Osa peninsula, and after a long flight, I had the very good fortune to stay here. Everywhere I went in Costa Rica I felt safe due to the seriousness locals treated the pandemic, and it was the same here. “Retreat” was elevated to a new meaning, high in the mountains, beautifully designed in tune with its lush forested surroundings, with exceptional high-health cuisine and warm, highly professional staff. The spa was sensational as was the massage that helped me through jet lag, the rejuvenating pool and hot tub and the chance to be in nature, comfortably, before the rustic adventure of Osa. Loved it so, I stopped again here, post-Osa, before leaving the country. What a place to recover from the jungle! The connectedness of this place to the beautiful nature around it left me feeling connected myself. This was a genuine retreat, and one of the finest I have ever experienced anywhere.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Klara51
Bryant Angulo, Director General at The Retreat Costa Rica - Wellness Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Greetings from Hotel The Retreat Costa Rica.
Thank you for your comments, for us was a pleaure give you our servicies and to know you had a great expriencie.
I hope we can receive you one more time.
Regards!

Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

If you need or want to re-start this is the place!! Is a magical hotel and the staff listen and understand your needs. The Spa left me without words, an experience I highly recommend! Every single area have a beautiful detail.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bryant Angulo Herrera, General Manager at The Retreat Costa Rica - Wellness Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Hello, Thank you for your comments, we are happy that you had a magical experience, that is our award. I hope we can see you soon.
Blessings!

Reviewed 26 May 2020

wonderful staff and thoughtful accommodations (all in your room: sound machine, light dimmers, evening health snack, essential oils, etc). take full advantage of the food and beverage menu and spa services! some services that I've never seen offered elsewhere in latin america. Meghan was the residential yoga instructor and was wonderful.

if any cons to share, this isn't an ideal place for solo travelers as someone with solo experience signing up for yoga retreats. but i'm sure it all depends on the guest composition at the time. and, it's a secluded location quite a distance from a main road or public transportation option so go prepared to stay on property versus exploring the surrounding area. the resort offers local transportation and excursions, but at steep prices.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank 262feliciam
Diana Stobo, Owner at The Retreat Costa Rica - Wellness Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Thank you so much for your honest input, we are indeed an immersive wellness and health center. Most come for the Retreat experience, the cozy nurturing environment the hotel offers along with all the comforts and details of the wellness community. You’re right, each week has its own guest composition, as is true with any hotel, many come alone and make lifelong friends, and others prefer to be secluded and go inward as they rejuvenate. We are actually a great and safe place to travel alone. . As for nearby excursions, the location is not a tourist location, but rather rich with culture. Some say that “Alajuela”is the real Costa Rica. And our excursions are customized by our on staff concierge - who accompanies our guests for maximum experiences.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and very much look forward to your retrune visit.
Big hugs

Reviewed 11 March 2020

I spent a peaceful four nights at The Retreat at the end of a tour of Costa Rica. I was welcomed and made to feel at home immediately. My room was perfect - simple, luxurious design with views I could have gazed at twenty four hours a day. Design throughout is so well thought out for health and relaxation, with the incredible view across the countryside to the gulf ever present.... the sunsets ! I wish I had been able to stay longer to benefit from more treatments from the excellent spa team. Morning and evening yoga sessions and the personal attention I was given were great. The real highlight for me was the entire staff team who were utterly delightful and generous, including letting me chat in the kitchen, interrupting their preparation of delicious meals. I just hope The Retreat does not change with its growing popularity and I wish them all the very best.

Room tip: all the rooms have fabulous views
Date of stay: January 2020
Diana S, Owner at The Retreat Costa Rica - Wellness Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

I love this “utterly delightful” review. Thank you, we certainly hope you find it in your future plans to come again. The heart and soul of The Retreat will never change as long as I am owner

In health and Love,

Reviewed 4 March 2020

If you are looking to reset, re charge and feel as if you belong to the family you never knew you needed or had then The Retreat is where you need to go.
It's now a staple part of mine and my husbands life. The only place my husband is able to switch off and totally relax.
It's our little piece of heaven. The food, the people, the spa treatment are all outstanding. I highly recommend it but equally don't wish the whole world to discover what I now consider to belong to me in some way. Seriously though, you can't go to CR and not go here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Diana S, Owner at The Retreat Costa Rica - Wellness Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Love the way you write, this was well said. You are family now. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share with others.
In health and Love