All reviewsowners livehotel poolcleaned every day except sundayhate catsgolden sunmobility problemslivadi beachnight lifeplenty of sunbedsjust returned from a weekharboureuro
Reviewed 28 September 2017

My family and I stayed all inclusive for a week at Hotel Lisa Mari and really enjoyed it. We arrived around midnight and although this wasn't a set meal time, we were greeted by a staff member with the option of sandwiches, fruit and drinks, which we really appreciated. As a family of 4 we had two twin rooms which were basic (as expected, we didn't pay for luxury!) but cleaned every day, including bleaching of the floors and emptying of the bins. There was air conditioning included and one of the twins rooms was situated on the top floor and had a beautiful sea view from the balcony which was a treat to wake up to in the morning. The shower was not completely ideal as water tended to splash out past the shower curtain and dampen the floor, but I have to say that the floor tended to dry quickly and the cleaners would clear the water if the floor was wet when they came to the room. The beds weren't the most comfortable. The inclusive meals were varied, lots of salad at every meal but the main dishes were always different, and some were particularly delicious, but nonetheless all very edible and lots to choose from. There were no proper desserts served, even after dinner, although there was always an abundance of fruit (lots of juicy melon). At meal times there were often lots of cats in the area which was not a problem for us as cat lovers, but they would not disturb you if you simply ignored them. The all inclusive drinks were standard but still a nice range, the Lisa Mari cocktail was good. The pool was immaculate and a lovely place to relax and we never had trouble getting a sunbed. We felt welcomed by the pool. Soft music was also played by the pool which was a nice touch yet equally inoffensive if you're not interested by it as it was not played loudly. There was also free wifi by the pool and some other areas such as the lobby, but unfortunately not in the rooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly, especially Nadia (we think/hope that's her name!) who was always very warm and accommodating. The location of the hotel was ideal; a few local shops to pick up the essentials/souvenirs and 2 gorgeous beaches within a 5 minute walk in both directions. It is a quiet place, however if you wished to continue into the night there are plenty of lovely local tavernas; we loved Mambo Beach Bar which is situated right above the beach and does great food plus cocktails. Another recommendation would be the Golden Sun taverna which offered a beach view too. There was nice food and they hosted a special Greek night on the Friday which was great fun - traditional dancing, music and audience participation! There was also a travel excursions shop a 1 minute walk from the hotel if you wish to venture out of Bali, our trip to Chania/Elafonisi was not only stunning (would recommend!!!) but easily booked and they also picked us up right outside the hotel. One slight problem we faced was that we realised neither room had hot water the first day, so we informed the staff at the front desk and they were very efficient at fixing the issue - we had hot water for the rest of the trip. Overall, my family and I's experience of Hotel Lisa Mari was a good one and we felt it necessary to leave a review as we had read some horror stories of the place before coming and were very pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank lydia972017
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I came for a mother daughter holiday to Bali on the 8th August for a week with my two daughter's.
There are good and bad points to this hotel.
Firstly the good , fantastic location, small Greek run hotel and quiet . No loud music blasting out. 5 min walk to the beach , shops and tavernas. The pool is a real assist to the hotel as it's cleaned daily and is lovely to cool down in.
Bad points: we booked a sea view but was given a ground floor room , no 2. Very dark and dingy, typically Greek simple and clean. The shower was a disgrace! The shower curtain was too short, so after every time you took a shower the floor was completely flooded, we had to use towels to mop up the water . The shower head its self did not sit in its socket properly and moved around all over the place. I slipped several times and could of been very nasty. The shower tray had a huge crack in it. The food was ok but very samey, lovely salads but the cooked food was horrible. My daughter was sick after eating something that resembled "fish" . We didn't feel welcomed around the pool at all , and in fact felt by some of the guests us English were not liked ! The house keeper came every day but Sunday but did not change our sheets once . All inclusive drinks were not enough selection, only one cocktail which was ouzo based , yuk ! If you wanted tea or coffee from the pool bar there was no milk. Toasties were good though .
We ate out a few times and found our favourite taverna called the Golden sun , very friendly staff and fantastic food, the Greek night on a Friday is an absolute must ! Livadi beach is the best in our opinion , but watch out for the odd rock in the sandy waters, and the little fish that nip your feet !
Take the train tour , it's €5 per person and drops you off at various points around the area , we went to the old port which was lovely.
All in all we had a lovely holiday , Bali is very pretty and is perfect for a quiet holiday, no night clubs .
Lisa mari needs TLC , especially the shower rooms. Very disappointed we didn't get our sea view .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank absoluteblonde6
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Myself and my sister and I stayed at Liza Mari for a week for my birthday. We paid £150 each for 7 nights all inclusive and we had an awesome time.

The room we stayed in was a 30 second walk across the road from the main complex, To get there, through a narrow pathway and up some steps, so it probably not ideal for anybody with a physical disability. However, neither me nor my sister have. The room was basic, comfortable and, most importantly, clean. There were two single beds, dresser, small fridge, wardrobe and a bathroom. The shower head wasn't actually connected to the wall and the cubicle was relatively small, which my sister struggled with but I didn't. The balcony was glass fronted and featured a small table and two chairs, perfect for sitting out, and the view was breathtaking. Our balcony overlooking a garden but the residents didn't seem to mind so we nor did we. The bedding and towels were changed after about 4 nights, which wasn't ideal but we managed. We also were provided with extra pillows on request.

The pool area at the main complex featured a pool (obviously), a pool bar, and sun beds. I've seen some reviews say that there were dead bugs in yeh pool... ITS AN OUDOOR POOL, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?! There were ample sun beds and parasols, which the local cats populous enjoyed sharing. I love cats so this didn't bother me, however I would suggest avoiding this resort if you don't like cats...or just shooing them away. The restaurant was lovely, very open and cool, not at all a "tin shack" as one reviewer claims! We enjoyed the food and found something different on offer daily. I'm vegetarian and there was always something for me to eat, you just have to be willing to play detective with some of the salads to see what's in the. There was a good mix of traditional Greek food as well as English dishes for less adventurous diners.

The range of all inclusive drinks was rather basic, but sufficient, the choices being beer, white wine, red wine, ouzo and raki, cola, lemonade, and orangeade; the soft drinks could be mixed with ouzo or raki for a traditional Greek cocktail.

The staff were all really friendly and outlying very helpful. The biggest issue was the language barrier, however, their English was far better than my Greek, and I did my bets to speak some basic Greek, so we got by. There is no entertainment of an evening, but we knew this upon booking.

Bali is very small and quiet, so don't expect any night life. There are a few shops around and a supermarket around the corner. Down by the beach there are various tavernas which make up for the lack of evening entertainment in the hotel. We visited the Golden Sun taverna 3 times and loved it. During the day there are water sports on the beach and sun beds are free, which makes a nice change.

In summary, the hotel is what you would expect for the price and, depending on your mind set, a little bit better. If you aren't expecting a Trump Towers on the Malia strip, but rather a basic hotel in a beautiful, quiet village, you'll be set.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank EmilySarahBuxton
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My boyfriend and I chose to stay here for our first 2 week holiday together. My boyfriend had never been to Crete before but I had in the past and knew what to expect, I have also stayed in this exact same hotel before and never experienced any problems.It is a basic 3*, everyone needs to stop expecting a 5*.
Upon our arrival we were welcomed at the hotel reception and informed of all of the necessary information we needed, they will take your passports just to do some basic checks and we were able to collect them again later that day.
Upon arriving at our room the cleaner was still there which wasn't a problem so we sat by the pool eating our lunch as she finished up.
The room was lovely and basic, the Greeks have a quirky way in which they don't usually provide a double bed, they are just two single beds pushed together. We were on the ground floor not very far from the pool. This was an ideal location for us as in the morning we would get the sun but when it reached the afternoon we would be in the shade and this kept our room cool for us. This meant that we didn't require Air Con (which is a payable extra). The bathroom was basic with a usual sink, toilet and shower with shower curtain. I would advise when using the shower that a towel is laid down on the floor to catch any water, this was easily done and the hotel provides a patterned blue towel to do this with, it also prevents slipping over.
The pool was amazing and of a very decent size with an additional pool for the young ones. There are ample sunbeds around the pool and multiple areas that offer shade at different times of the day, such as palm tress and other vegetation. Please be aware that it is an outdoor pool so there will be the odd bug in it. However, the pool is cleaned out every morning and if you are really concerned there is a net which you can use to fish the bugs out with. Generally if there is a bug in your path you can just sweep it aside, there is a grate around the whole of the pool so you are able to splash them into there if it is that much of a problem.
There is a pool bar but we did not use it as we were only half board for our holiday, it is usually for the all inclusive members but you are able to purchase snacks and drinks if you wish.
The whole hotel is surrounded by various plants and flowers which are beautiful. There will be crickets and other bugs around. The crickets can become quite noisy but if you just brush them with a flip flop they will go and land somewhere else.
As mentioned earlier we were half board (which means that breakfast and tea are provided). The food was really good and there was a new variety every day. Breakfast is a basic continental with some cooked food on different days. Tea was a whole variety of different dishes, salads and dessert were always provided and the main dishes would change continuously from day to day. If you aren't sure on the meat or fish dishes there is always pasta or rice (sometimes chips) and a variety of cooked vegetables.
The cleaners would visit at least every other day and provide clean towels and sheet 2/3 times a week. They kept everything clean and would fold your clothes for you (this would have been if we were in a rush and had left them on the bed).
Bali itself is a rather hilly area as most of Crete is, i would suggest that if you want to go exploring like we did that you do so in the morning or the evening when it is cooler, or the other alternative is to get the little train around the town.
I would highly recommend the Porto Paradiso for food, they provide hand cooked wood fire oven pizzas and the best Souvalaki (meat on a skewer) you will have in Bali.
I would also recommend Gorgona Taverna which provides traditional Greek food under the beautiful shelter of trees and surrounded by water features.
The beaches are very close to the hotel the nearest being to our left as you exit the hotel, there is also an obstacle course in the sea which children and adults alike can have fun on.
The beach to the right as you exit the hotel is a little further away and down some steps. This is the largest beach in Bali and there is also water sports you can do. Most of both of these beaches have sun beds, however, there is some space where you can lay a towel down.
I would highly recommend visiting the Bali Port/ Harbour, it was one of our favourite places and it's really relaxing. If you are feeling adventurous like we did, I would highly recommend getting up for the sunrise, it is really early but definitely worth it, we got some stunning photos.
As we went with Olympic Holidays we also booked an excursion through them to Knossos which we also thoroughly enjoyed and I would highly recommend you visit it, we got to see the museum as well as the palace.
Overall we absolutely loved our holiday and as we loved exploring the basic rooms didn't effect us at all as we were out most of the time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we would stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel is a basic 3*, please don't expect everything to be pristine and perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank micaanderson14
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This hotel is rated as 3* however the accommodation and food is more like a hostel. The bathroom had broken tiles, mould, missing grouting, a missing panel from the shower enclosure and a huge hole in the wall by the waste pipe, Our bed linen and bathroom towels weren't changed once in the seven days we were there. All our so called chambermaid did in this so called hotel was to empty the bin and provided us with a loo roll.
When we complained we were met with total indifference. The tv set was tuned to polish or other eastern european stations. All we could watch was a very grainy bbc
Even though we were on half board bases we eat out all the time as was inedible.
Bali is a lovely place with a couple of good beaches and some good restaurants that made very good use of if we didn't want to hungry.
So please unless you want your holiday ruined stay from this hotel. wished we looked at the pictures of the accommodation and read the reviews before we went.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple