See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2016

the rooms were like brand new, the beds soooo comfy, staff very lovely. internet very hit and miss. weather great for april. food plentiful, albeit not always hot. little freezer compartment for ice which was great.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank kumala
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Over all a very unpleasant surprize. The reception staff is very rude and very unproffesional , all the rest of the staff are very nice, very polite and very warm( especialy the restaurant staff and the cleaning ladies ).
When we arrived they have informed us that the hotel is over booked ( we booked and paid months before ) and we have to stay for the first 2 night in a diferent hotel. At the beging all looked fine until we got in the room... I had a shock the room was extremely bad. Hardly could say it was 2 stars. After 2 days of scandal and complains they moved is into the room we booked which was indeed 4 stars room.
After the first 2 days all was great , I have only good words to say. It is a shame I had to start my vacation with 2 days of stress.
As I said into the title, the hotel is very nice if you are lucky enough to get the room you booked so I can recommend the place, but if we ever come back to Crete I will chose another hotel for sure.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank JohnFerguson13
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel situated on a fantastic sandy beach.

We stayed in a room in the building above reception, despite booking a superior room we were only given a standard room, however it was all very modern and clean with a balcony, oddly only 3 hangers in the wardrobe. There are TVs, only 1 English channel (bbc world news) compared to over 20 German channels, I don't normally care but there was no entertainment when we stayed at the beginning of the season so not a lot to do on an evening.

Room cleaned daily and towels replaced too.

Restaurant is a small walk as they appear to have taken over another hotel next door but 1, its a lovely setting on the beach and the food was excellent for buffet style eating, always plenty of choice, bar prices were not too dear either.

Another bonus from taking over the other hotel is the second much larger swimming pool.

The nearest town is about a forty minute walk down the beach, its a really nice stroll, however there are shops, restaurants and car hire just across the road from the front off the hotel.

All in all happy days

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We Arrived at Happy Days hotel on 30th April for 1 week. Check in was very easy with Receptionist Poppi who made all 3 of us feel very welcome!
Rooms were excellent felt like brand new, spotlessly clean and very quiet. The hotel in general was very quiet and relaxing and is located on a stunning beach. We felt on the first morning we had found a 'hidden gem'!
Food was really good throughout the week with plenty of variety for all tastes. The staff were all excellent very polite and friendly, providing a high level of service.
We thoroughly enjoyed our drinks and had no complaints at all with the many glasses of wine and spirits, although free bottles of water would be a good idea for bedrooms.
Overall we felt Happy Days really lives up to it's name and is very well run under the watchful eye of Manager Paul who was extremely friendly and efficient.
We will definitely return for another relaxing break in this 'hidden gem'!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank michael r
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived at Happy Days late on a Saturday evening . We asked if food was still available and were told food has been put in the fridge in our room . When we looked there were 2plates of salads which were covered in ice, not a good start .
We were on an all inclusive stay and when we went to breakfast the next morning , most of the food in the Bain Marie's was cold . This was the same for lunch and dinner . On the second day I asked the restaurant manager why and he said it was supposed to be cold . I said Bain Marie's are supposed to keep cooked food hot ,he stormed off , I didn't speak to him aggressively and was surprised by his reaction . We actually used nearby restaurants on a couple of nights which were very good .
When we sat down for a meal the waiter would ask what we wanted to drink , we ordered but he never brought them so I went to the bar and got them myself , this was the pattern for the week . Wine was served in hot glasses so we added ice cubes rather than complain . The restaurant just did not seem very happy , strange so early in the season .
Our room had a bathroom without a plug for the bath and a shower curtain pole resting on the corner of the bath , but no screen or curtain , I asked about this but was given a shrug in response ? Also no hand soap was supplied so we had to use shower gel.
We had a flat screen TV but all the channels are German , not even BBC News . The room had aircon but no control for it , went to reception and was told to go back the following day . Although this is a 3 star hotel there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room . The rooms were kept clean although dirty glasses were not removed .
We had to go to reception for beach towels , the furthest point from the beach I must add , the ones we were given were still damp , we bumped into the manager and all credit to him he got fresh ones and delivered them to us himself with an apology .
We were told we would get a30% discount at the Italian restaurant and 10% at another , neither of these ever opened . Snacks were supposed be available but we never saw any either during the day or evening .

We booked Happy Days after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor but unfortunately found our experience to be very different.
Crete is a lovely island but if we return it won be to this hotel .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple